Out In The Open

Take Me Inside Your Closet

 

Dara’s Room, 2ne1’s Dormintory

 

            Dara kept tossing on her bed. It was now thirty minutes before 5am and she should be now asleep because a few hours from now they will have to start the day early. Today will be the start of the YG Family concert rehearsals.

 

            Jiyong’s drunk… Dara sighed. He will be okay, right? I mean there’s TOP and Daesung and…

 

            “Aish!” Dara got up from her bed and rushed out of her room without even changing from her bunny printed pyjamas.

           

            Dara went to the elevator and pushed the button that will take her to the floor where BIGBANG’s Dormitory is located. There are so many thoughts going through her mind and she wouldn’t be still if she stays in her room not knowing anything.

 

            What if Jiyong is upset about Minho, punching him? Dara thought.

 

            When Dara arrived on BIGBANG’s Dormitory, she knocked on the door so hard that it echoes around the whole floor.

 

            “Noona!” Seungri opened the door and was surprised to see Dara still in her sleeping clothes. “What are you doing here?”

 

            Daesung who’s still half-asleep peeked on the door. “Dara-ssi, are you trying to wake the whole building?”

 

            “Mianhe.” Dara bowed. “Where’s Jiyong? Tabi said he’s very drunk.”

 

            “Oh?” Seungri looked behind him where TOP is sitting on the sofa. “Hyung is in his room.”

           

            Dara tip-toed and tried to see Jiyong’s room. “Can I see him?”

 

            “Aniyo.” Taeyang answered.

 

            “Wae??” Daraw whined.

 

            Seungri laughed awkwardly. “I think it’s a bad idea to see him drunk, noona.”

 

            “Just let me cook something for him.” Dara insisted. “I can make soup so the head-ache will pass. Se7en-ssi said to me once that when he’s drunk he likes to eat soup.”

 

            “We’ll order it for him.” Taeyang suggested.

 

            Dara, who’s impatient and starting to get annoyed with Seungri and Taeyang, pushed the door open and ran Jiyong’s room.

 

            “Noona!” Seungri followed her and blocked the room.

 

            Dara stopped on her tracks and said aloud. “Aniyo… I should cook something first.”

 

            She turned around and went to the kitchen. There were loud noises as Dara set up everything so that she can cook for Jiyong. She opened the fridge but there was hardly a thing inside it.

 

            “Daesung-ah, why don’t you have food on the fridge?” Dara asked also checking the cupboard.

 

            Daesung who’s drinking a glass of water shrugged. “We ran out of stock. I’m sure we’ll go to the supermarket later.”

 

            “How can I make soup when there are no ingredients?” Dara asked and looked around.

           

            “We have instant soup.” Daesung offered and handed Dara a sachet of Instant Mix Soup.

 

            Dara took it and got puzzled. “Mouya?? How do I use this?”

 

            Daesung looked at her weirdly as Dara inspected the sachet. He took it from her and said. “I’ll do it.”

 

            “Arasso!” Dara smiled and handed it willingly to Daesung. “I will go and check  Jiyong.”

 

            “Noona, Daesung hyung will cook it so you should go back now.” Seungri suggested.

            Dara ignored him and went straight to Jiyong’s room. Seungri was about to block the room again when TOP called him.

 

            “Let her do what she wants.” TOP said.

 

            “But hyung!” Seungri protested.

 

            TOP motioned Seungri to follow. “We have to prepare for the rehearsals today. Jiyong needs to be there too, so let Dara take care of him.”

 

            “But Jiyong hyung is very drunk.” Seungri whispered. “What if he does crazy things?”

 

            TOP smiled at him. “I doubt it.”

 

            Dara went inside Jiyong’s room as soon as TOP got rid of Seungri. She looked around but wasn’t able to see Jiyong immediately.

 

            “Jiyong-ah, eodiss—“ Dara looked down and jumped to her feet.

 

            “Jiyong-ah, mianhe!” Dara kneeled down and poked Jiyong. “I didn’t mean to step on you.”

 

            But Jiyong didn’t even respond.

 

            Is he that drunk to fall out of bed? Dara thought to herself.

 

            She went to the bathroom and took a clean wet towel. Dara wiped off the sweat from Jiyong’s forehead and looked at his sleepy state.

 

            “Jiyong-ah, wake up.” Dara poked him again. “You can’t sleep on the floor, its cold.”

 

            Jiyong rolled over and sighed on his sleep. “Hmmm….”

 

            Dara tried to wake up Jiyong once more, calling his name repeatedly. She kept pinching his face when suddenly Jiyong’s eyes opened.

 

            “Jiyong-ah!” Dara smiled. “Are you awake?”

 

            Jiyong put a hand on his mouth and made a puking sound. Dara got up immediately and panicked.

 

            “Changkaman, don’t puke on the floor!” Dara said and handed Jiyong his pencil holder. “Here, use this.”

 

            Jiyong shook his head violently and glared at Dara.

 

            “No?” Dara asked and threw the pencil holder away. “Eottokke?”

 

            Jiyong stood up and walked wobbly feet towards the bathroom and Dara went to his side to help him. She brushed off Jiyong’s blonde hair off his face so that he can see properly. Jiyong washed his mouth with water after he puked and stood up still in front of the mirror with his eyes closed.

 

            “Jiyong-ah, gwenchanna?” Dara asked worriedly but Jiyong didn’t answer.

 

            Dara decided to wash the towel she was holding again so that she can wipe Jiyong’s face clean. She was twisting the towel to rid of the water when Jiyong suddenly hugged Dara from the back. She dropped the towel back in the sink and covered her face with both hands.

 

            He must be very drunk. Dara thought.

 

            Two minutes have passed but they were still unmoving. Dara decided to look between her fingers to see if she can move without causing Jiyong to fall on his feet. She looked between her fingers to see that Jiyong is looking at her intently from the mirror and he doesn’t look that drunk at all. Dara blushed when she saw their real situation: Jiyong hugging her from behind and looking at her through the mirror.

 

            “Jiyong-ah… are you still drunk?” Dara asked tentatively.

 

            “Aniyo.” Jiyong responded.

 

            Dara blushed. “Then why…?”

 

            “I think I’m sick?” Jiyong interrupted her.

 

            “Sick?!” Dara asked.

 

            Jiyong nodded, his head resting on one of Dara’s shoulders, their faces so close. “It hurts.”

 

            Dara turned around immediately, almost brushing her lips with Jiyong’s. She put a hand on his forehead and asked, “It hurts? Where??”

 

            Jiyong caught up Dara’s hand and put it in front of his chest where his heart is beating. “Here.”

 

            Did Minho punch him in the chest too?? But when…? Dara thought crazily.

 

            “Eotteokke?” Dara asked. “Do you need pain killer? What should I get you??”

 

            “I don’t think the pain killer will be a help.” Jiyong answered.

 

            “The doctor! Do you need a doctor?” Dara asked.

 

            Jiyong shook his head and stared at her. “I need you.”

 

            There was a three second pause on Dara’s brain before she stuttered. “M-mou?”

 

            “My heart is frustrated.” Jiyong said, using Dara’s hand to pat his chest.

 

            “W-waeyo?” Dara asked now a deep shade of red.

 

            “It’s hurting because you went to Minho’s side instead of me.” Jiyong said. “Wae?”

 

            Dara withdrew her hand from Jiyong and looked down. “Jiyong-ah, why are you saying this?”

 

            “Why did you have to go to his side?” Jiyong asked again.

 

            “He’s hurt.” Dara answered.

 

            “I’m hurt too.” Jiyong whispered. “More than you know…”

 

            Dara frowned at him. “I know… but. Jiyong-ah, you’re confusing me…”

 

            Jiyong tried to hug her again but Dara stepped out from his reach. Suddenly Dara is close to tears.

 

            “Why are you like this?” Dara asked, hurt. “You push me away when I say I like you and now you’re saying that you need me.”

 

            “Dara-ah…” Jiyong looked at her.

 

            “Stop playing games with me…” Dara mumbled. “Jebal…”

 

            Dara walked passed Jiyong but he caught her hand before she can even leave completely.

 

            “Do you know why I’m like this?” Jiyong said but Dara didn’t answer. Her heart was beating too fast for her.

 

            “I push you away because I’m afraid.” Jiyong said his voice cracking a little. “You’re such a little thing but you make me afraid of you. Wae? How can you do it?

 

            “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Dara said and tried to pull her hand but Jiyong won’t let her go.

           

            “I love you.” Jiyong murmured and Dara was frozen again on the spot. “I don’t know how. I don’t know when but I grew afraid of getting closer to you. I’m so afraid that one day I will find myself looking for you but you’re not there. I’m afraid that you’ll leave me when I’m not looking. I’m afraid that you’re smile, you’re sweetness and everything that you are, is just a figment of my imagination.”

 

            “You’re afraid that I’m not real?” Dara asked tears falling, she doesn’t know if it’s because of happiness or sadness… maybe both.

 

            “I’m afraid because I might have fallen for you too much…” Jiyong replied.

 

            “I didn’t know…” Dara mumbled.

 

            “I didn’t want you to know… until that flower boy came and start taking your attention for me away.” Jiyong sighed.

 

            “He’s a friend.” Dara contradicted.

 

            “He wanted more than that.” Jiyong argued. “It’s obvious.”

 

            “He said it doesn’t matter that I’m a doll.” Dara said.

 

            Jiyong looked at her with fear in his heart. “Do you like him better because of that?”

 

            “I don’t know anymore.” Dara answered and this time when she pulled her hand Jiyong let her go.

 

            Dara went out of Jiyong’s room and tried to calm her feelings. Seungri walked up to her and wondered of what might have happened.

 

            “Noona, is Jiyong hyung okay now?” Seungri asked.

           

            “Noona, the soup is cooked now.” Daesung said from the kitchen doorway.

 

            Dara doesn’t bother to answer, so she bowed head and ran for the door. She got in the elevator and was still blank when she arrived in the dorm.

 

            “Eonnie, where have you been?” Minzy asked. There girls are now ready for rehearsal.

 

            “I went out to breathe some fresh air.” Dara mumbled walking to her room.

 

            “You should get ready.” Bom said.

 

            “Neh.” She replied.

 

            Dara’s phone vibrated and she looked at the flashing name of Jiyong across the screen. She opened the message and the smile that crept up to her face was unexpectedly bright.

 

            I hope you heard me clearly when I said I love you. I made my mistake of pushing you away, I have settled down my fearful heart. This dragon won’t let go of you. I won’t lose you with a flower boy.

            See you later at rehearsals, bunny rabbit. Ppyong~!!

 

            Dara laughed at Jiyong’s message and rolled on her bed happily.

 

            “I think Dara eonnie has gone crazy.” Minzy told CL and Bom as they stood on the doorway watching.

 

 

Author's note:

 

Annyeonghaseyo yeorobun~ *bows*

kekeke. It's been a while isn't?? Aigoo~

 

I've missed you all and I guess you missed this story too...

To tell you honestly I missed this too.

I thought I was never going to be able to update again, I mean

there's so many things going on...

but then again I couldn't just turn away on writing.

This is just what I love. hahaha..

You have to thank MyEvilGaemKyu and HappyCloud for berating me.

I'm afraid I'll get killed if I abandoned this fic.. :P

 

So, did you enjoy the triple update?? It's been 3months, right?

So, yeah. You guys deserve it.

I'm overwhelmed by the number of subscribers.. I was like. WOW. Daebak!!

 

Jeongmal kamsahmanida~ I'm so happy. And you've been diligent to..

WELCOME to the new subscribers and Thank you for reading...

and waiting for me.. ^^,

 

How about a double update today? Huh?? XD

 

BUT do me a favor?? Comment more so that I'll have the energy to type the

succeding chapters, neh??

 

Saranghae ¬¬¬ <3