Hide and Secret

Take Me Inside Your Closet

       Dara’s presence has been a constant in Jiyong’s life and somehow Jiyong manages to be comfortable with her. Dara and Jiyong fell into a routine. Dara is only allowed to leave the closet when the other members weren’t around.

 

          “Jiyong-ah!” Dara whined. “I’m bored.”

 

          Jiyong looked up at Dara who’s at his bed wearing an oversized shirt. “You know I can’t take you out.”

 

          Jiyong is busy composing a song and Dara has been whining over and over for the past hour.

 

          “Omo omo!” Dara shrieked as Gaho, Jiyong’s dog, went up the bed.

 

          Jiyong laughed and watched as Dara scrambled of the bed making an x sign towards Gaho.

 

          “Aigoo~” Dara sighed. “Jiyong-ah you should lock him up!”

 

          “He’s not doing anything wrong.” Jiyong smiled. “I think Gaho likes to be friends with you.”

 

          “He’s so big!” Dara shouted.

 

          Jiyong put a finger to his mouth. “Shhhh!”

 

          Jiyong stood up and went to Dara’s side. “You should be comfortable with Gaho since he’s the only one who will keep you company when I’m not around.”

 

          Dara pouted her pink lips. “But Jiyong-ah I like spending time with you.”

 

          “I do too.” Jiyong answered, surprising himself.

 

          Dara then suddenly put her arms around Jiyong’s neck. “Oh, Jinjja?”

 

          “Neh.” Jiyong said while blushing.

 

          Jiyong thinks that Dara doesn’t know that she couldn’t just do those kinds of things. She can’t just hug people like that but he can’t really blame her. She still doesn’t know many things.

 

          “I’m hungry.” Jiyong said. “I’ll cook something.”

 

          Jiyong went to the kitchen with Dara trailing after him. Jiyong rummages in the refrigerator while Dara went to inspect the cabinets.

 

          “Oh~ what’s this Jiyong-ah?” Dara asked waving a cup.

 

          “That’s ramyun.” Jiyong said.

 

          “Ramyun?” Dara asked. “I want to eat this!”

 

          Jiyong laughed at her chosen food. “That’s not real food you know. You should eat rice. You’re too skinny.”

 

          “Eh?!” Dara said wide-eyed. “This is fake? Aigoo~ why do you keep fake food?”

 

          Jiyong scratched his head. “What I mean is you should eat proper food…ramyun won’t make you full.  Never mind.”

 

          Jiyong took the cup of instant ramyun from Dara and decided to cook eat.

 

          “I thought that’s fake.” Dara said not giving up.

         

          “It’s not fake.” Jiyong replied.

 

          “You said it’s not real, so it’s fake.” Dara pouted pulling Jiyong’s ear.

 

          “I said ‘not real’ in a different context.” Jiyong explained patiently. “This is safe to eat.”

 

          Dara nodded before jumping up and down. “So you have carrots?”

 

          Jiyong tried not laugh again. One thing weird about Dara is that she happens to love carrots. I saw her one time munching it in front of the open refrigerator. Ever since that day she never wants to part with her carrots.

 

          “Alright, bunny Dara.” Jiyong said pinching her cheek. “I’ll give you carrots if you eat ramyun first.”

 

          “Neh neh.” Dara nodded seriously.

 

          Jiyong watched as Dara eat her food enthusiastically. He still doesn’t have a plan on what to do with her. He knows that he couldn’t hole her up in his closet forever and besides she getting lonely there. Jiyong can tell that she’s only happy when she’s out of the closet.

 

          Jiyong but his lip like he always do. I need to think of something.

 

          “Dara-ah.” Jiyong said getting her attention. “Do you really want to go outside?”

 

          Dara looked up. “Neh, it’s lonely here without you.”

 

          Jiyong felt guilty instantly. “I’ll think of something okay? I promise you’ll be able to go outside soon.”

 

          “I believe you.” Dara smiled.

 

          “I just don’t want you to go out there unprepared.” Jiyong said. “It’s dangerous for you because you don’t know anything about the real world.”

 

          Dara smiled at Jiyong. “I’ll be safe because I’m with you.”

 

          Jiyong sat up straighter feeling prouder of himself. Dara trusts her so much and he’s all she has.

 

          I’m not going to screw up.

 

          There was a knock on the dorm and then it opened. Jiyong scrambled to his feet, unsure of what to do.

 

          “Jiyong-ah!” TOP called.

 

          “H-hyung.” Jiyong called back.

 

          TOP appeared on the kitchen door and he braced himself for his reaction but TOP just frowned at him.

          “We’ve been looking for you.” TOP said.

 

          “What is it Tabi hyung?” Jiyong asked. Am I the only one who can see Dara? What’s happening?

 

          TOP frowned at him. “Gwenchanna? You look pale.”

 

          “I’m alright.” Jiyong replied nervously.

 

          “Arasso.” TOP nodded. “We need you at the recording studio and YG is looking for you.”

 

          “I’ll be there in a moment.” Jiyong nodded. “I’ll just change my clothes.”

 

          “Be quick.” TOP said before leaving.

 

          Jiyong looked around him but Dara wasn’t in sight. He started to panic. Am I going crazy?

 

          “Ah~ delicious!” Dara’s voice said.

 

          Jiyong dropped to his knees and looked under the table. Dara is sitting crossed legged eating her ramyun.

 

          “Jiyong-ah!” Dara smiled. “I ate it all.”

 

          Dara showed her the empty bowl of ramyun. Jiyong laughed, that was close.

 

          “TOP-ssi looks like he’s in a hurry.” Dara said as Jiyong help her get to her feet.

 

          “They need me at the studio.” Jiyong explained.

 

          Dara’s face became sad. “Oh you’re leaving?”

 

          “Neh.” Jiyong nodded.

 

          “I guess I need to get in the closet again.” Dara sighed.

 

          “I’m sorry.” Jiyong mumbled.

 

          “It’s fine.” Dara said walking towards the room. “I’m sleepy anyway.

          Jiyong followed her and see that she’s really sad.

 

          “Here take this.” Jiyong said handing her huge bottle of water and a bunch of carrots. “I’ll check on you soon.”

 

          “Arasso.” Dara smiled. “Pai pai!”

 

          Jiyong closed the closet door and promised to himself to think of a solution to this.

 

          Don’t worry Dara. I’ll show you the world.