Whereabouts

SHE

Chapter 60:

 

Jiyong’s P.O.V

 

“Pick up the ing phone,” I shout at no one in my phone. I have been calling Jihye since earlier and she’s not picking up her phone.

 

“Let her think first, Jiyong,” Top-hyung remarks.

 

Hyung, she hid it from me. Why did she do that? I have the right to know that she suffered a lost and it is my ing child,” I say in sadness and anger.

 

“We know why, Jiyong. You know it and you just want to hear it from ,” Top­-hyung implies with a sad smile. “She may have not said it clearly back then Jiyong but she did it for your sake.”

 

“She shouldn’t have. I can take care of myself back then and now. Why does she have to keep it from me?” I express in denial and peculiarly. “Do I look unreliable to her?”

 

Top-hyung looks down and sighs.

 

“Fine!” I shriek in aghast. “I am really unreliable but she can’t hide that from me. Who was with her when she was grieving from her loss? I should be with her but she shoved me away. Does she like to handle everything on her own? We can be with her through thick and thin.” Tears start falling in my eyes. “I love her so much and yet she likes to shoulder everything alone.”

 

“Jihye’s life is full of struggle, we, both, know that Jiyong. She handles all problems by herself as long as she can handle it and hides secret even to the people close to her. That’s how she is and you love her for it,” Youngbae voices out as he sits beside Top-hyung in the couch.

 

“But at least, she has to answer her phone and tell me about the child and where it is buried. Aunt Miranda didn’t tell me where it is.”

 

“Let’s not dilly dally anymore, Jiyong.” Aunt Miranda propped up her hands and laces her fingers. “We are all caught off guard in the situation that you have seen in the television. I don’t even want to tell you about this but I can’t even promise that my child will tell you about it even if the news had spread over the media. Jihye is one strong woman that will try to hide everything that hurts her just to make everything easy on the other party.”

 

“This time I don’t want another year and years to come for her to hurt that will kill her inside, more this time, more than when Grey died. I know you know how Jihye loved you. This time she’s being selfless and is trying to sacrifice herself for you. Jiyong, I don’t want to lose my child again.” She cries. “This time she is sacrificing too much for you.”

 

I look down in shame even if I don’t know what Aunt Miranda is trying to say to me. “I apologize but can you be clearer. I am still confused about everything.”

               

“In the interview of Shin Haeri said that Jihye lost her unborn child and I think you have a hunch already who is the father of the said unborn child. I want to make it clear to you that she didn’t know that she is carrying a baby. And I want to apologize on behalf of my stubborn daughter, if she come and tell you everything about it. I want you to be open minded.” Aunt Miranda stands and smiles glumly. “I have to take my leave now. I only came here to clear the name of my child that is being called names again.” She bows and goes out.

 

I stay seated and a bit dazed at the sudden news. I didn’t know what to think about this. My mind is in chaos and it shut down.

 

“Jiyong let Jihye alone for a day. She will answer your call when her mind clears,” Youngbae assures me with a soft smile.

 

“Will she even call me?”

 

The two fall silent and look at me blankly.

 

“Yeah, we, all, don’t know,” I say in despair.

 

“Just leave her a message and tell her how you feel,” Seungri suggests. “Jihye-noona, she’ll come around. She always surprises us, doesn’t she?”

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jihye’s P.O.V

 

I can hear my phone beeping, telling me that its battery is low and about to die on me. I have received so many calls from Jiyong and everyone who didn’t know the real issue why Jiyong and I broke up, especially Kiko Mizuhara. That damn woman is making my ear bleed from all her shouting at the other side of the globe but it’s more damn of me to tell Jiyong my phone number.

 

“Are you not going to charge your phone? It’s been beeping since earlier and a minute or seconds from now, it will die off,” Eunjae points at my phone on her pouted mouth.

 

I look at my phone and sigh heavily. “I’ll do that before I sleep. I want to find some relaxation after all the shouting Kiko did.” I see that my phone is blinking again. When will he stop calling me? Is there no freaking chance that his mind subconsciously tells him that I don’t want to freaking talk right now? The whole Korea and Japan may have known about my accidental miscarriage but there is no freaking chance that I will have the courage to talk or speak to freaking Jiyong.

 

I’m afraid that he will blame me for the loss of his child. That alone scares the hell out of me. Just Jiyong telling me that it’s my fault, makes me feel that my world will crash again like nothing in front of me.

 

“Seunghyun wants to talk to you, Jihye,” Dahee says timidly.

 

“I don’t want to talk to anyone. Tell him that I need some time to think about this situation and tell his friend that I don’t want to talk about it to him,” I respond then look down. My shoulder slumps at my answer but nobody noticed it.

 

“Jihye-unnie, the outreach program will be tomorrow. Do you still want to come?” Sumi says warily.

 

“Yeah, you know that I love coming to your outreach program even if I have to disguise myself just so nobody would recognize me. I will be up at 7 in the morning and will come with you.” Yeah, I may be lying to everyone around me about the accidental miscarriage but I’m also lying about not going back to Korea for years when I always go back every time Sumi has an outreach program. It’s only Sumi and Eunjae who know about it. How many sins did I commit to my friends just to get the freedom and peace that my mind wanted? I can’t even count them.

 

“Okay,” Sumi replies.

 

“I’ll sleep already. I’m tired.” I stand up and sluggishly walk away from the living room.

 

“Remember that you can’t hide from him forever,” Dahee remarks.

 

“I ing know, Dahee. I ing know,” I shout angrily to her, no, but to myself.

 

“Jihye!” Eunjae and Chaewon shrieks in surprise.

 

“Just leave me alone. My mind is cray-cray at the moment.” I sigh and didn’t look back. But I heard Eunjae mutters ‘definitely in a cray’.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Good morning, guys. Anna is with me again,” Sumi says to her group.

 

“Hey! It’s nice to meet you again. So, what is our assignment for today?” I smile sweetly like my mind is not in total disarray. I didn’t have a wink of good sleep at all. All I can think about is how I will face Jiyong with a clear mind. I hope that this outreach will keep my mind off it for a minute or a day.

 

“We will feed the children on this orphanage,” Eunji answers. “And it is good to have another pair of hands that will help us in this outreach.”

 

“I’m always glad to help with your outreach and its fun when there are kids involve,” I respond charmingly.

 

“You are always welcome coming here,” the others shriek in happiness.

 

“I know,” I muse and wink at them.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jiyong’s P.O.V

 

“Where’s Jihye?” I ask Dahee and Chaewon even Eunjae but that girl is not looking at me. The girls are in the company building to talk to YG-appa to not involve Jihye more on the music video. They say they want her to rest and not stress her anymore.

 

“We will not say anything of her whereabouts Jiyong,” Eunjae answers coldly. “Jihye will eventually…”

 

“I hate that word. I have been told by her the same word you are spouting to me and it never happened. I hate the word eventually,” I mutter in grief. “And look where we are now? We are separated by her choice. Why does she always choose by herself?”

 

The girls look down and bite their lower lips.

 

“Jihye is caught off guard in the news and her mind is in a cray right now. She might say something that she might regret aga…” Chaewon stops then looks down in shock like she isn’t supposed to tell the word.

 

“We just want that when you, two, talk about the issue, Jihye has already composed herself and will not say anything rush,” Dahee remarks.

 

“Did she say anything harsh last night?” Youngbae asks in worry.

 

“Yeah, she did. Jihye is not perfect. She also loses her mind once in a while,” Eunjae answers. “But do you know that she accepted the work together with you guys because she wants to be friends with Jiyong again.”

 

“Friend?” I shriek angrily. “In Paris, she told me that and it didn’t settle with me. I didn’t ing…”

 

“Jiyong,” Daesung, Top and Youngbae reprimand me.

 

"Mianheyo,” I say.

 

“It’s alright, Jiyong. We are used to hearing that and not bothered by it anymore. We are club owners and people there tend to curse more when they are drunk,” Chaewon implies warmly. “Continue what you want to say.”

 

“I didn’t move on at all. I still love her even if she left me in a snap. I love her so deeply that even now that I heard about the news of our baby, I can’t get angry with her. I can’t ing get angry with her but I ing hate myself for not being there when she needed me.”

 

I put my hands on both side of my face and heave a sigh. “Doesn’t she need me?”

 

I can see the two girls fidgeting. Chaewon is playing with her fingers and Dahee is tapping her foot.

 

Eunjae sighs heavily. “You do love her that much,” she inquires.

 

“More than my career that she protected,” I respond.

 

Eunjae gives me a meek smile. “If you ask us, where is Sumi then we can answer the question you’ve been asking since earlier?”

 

Chaewon chuckles and looks at Eunjae meaningful.

 

“Where is Sumi?” I query confusedly.

 

“She’s in an orphanage doing an outreach program. You went there with Sumi the other year. I think you can find what you have been seeking there.”

 

I grab my bag and is about to walk out of the room but stops and smiles at the girls. “I owe you one.”

 

The girls smile and nod their heads.

 

I walk out in a hurry because I don’t want to lose any more time.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

Eunjae’s P.O.V

 

“You didn’t disobey Jihye, right?” Dahee asks worriedly.

 

I chuckle. “Well, technically speaking I didn’t but I did give a hint that he will find her there. So, if it doesn’t end well, I’ll be good as dead to Jihye.” If what I made is a mistake then I’ll take responsibility in everything but I am not going to regret the decisions I made for them to understand each other.