Drunk

SHE

Chapter 5:

 

Jihye's P.O.V

 

It's been a while since I roam around Tokyo, alone. The girls are sleeping in the hotel because they are tired from the entire trip they did in the Philippines. They visited so many places Tagaytay, Cebu, Bohol and Davao in four days. Can you believe that? We traveled four places in four days. But even if I'm tired I can't sleep after a plane ride. And tomorrow, we will see another concert of BigBang. I sigh; I already know their songs even if I'm sleeping.

 

I shall reprimand Chaewon in watching too much BigBang. Shall I introduce her to another group? Aisht! Even I don't know any singers except for 2ne1 and BigBang, who are the favorite topic of Chaewon to talk about.

 

It's still a little cold here in Japan. My outfit is just right for this weather, a jacket with hoodie over a long white shirt paired with skinny jeans and snickers, not that thick to be warm not that thin for coldness. Shall I go to a coffee shop for a dose of caffeine in my system? That sounds good to me.

 

Tokyo is like a place we knew by heart since it is our second home after Korea. We always go here to find some clothes for our closet after we have a garage sale.

 

After a dose of caffeine, I shall go to a night market to find some cheap clothes that suits me. Most of our clothes are not branded since there are gems in small stores.

 

I open the door of the first coffee shop I see. "One caramel macchiato hot," I say that in Japanese. I know a lot of languages since our business is worldwide and I have to converse in their language for me to understand them.

 

I sit at the far end of the shop near the window. The waiter places my coffee in the table and leaves me after. My phone beeps; it is a message from Chaewon.

 

Bring us food. A sushi platter from our favorite restaurant, please, (pleading face) and bring coffee for us, same orders any store will be fine. (Smiling face now) Anyway, wake us up when you arrive. Goodnight.

 

I can't buy coffee now or it will just get cold before I get back to the hotel. Shall I go to the restaurant to pre-order sushi before roaming around? Yeah, that might be good option and less hassle too.

 

"Kombanwa (Good evening)," the waitress greets me in her usual kimono get-up.

 

"Kombanwa (Good evening). Is Chef Sato in?" I ask in Japanese again. She nods but says that he is busy serving VIP guests. "Can you tell him that Jihye-chan wants to speak to him for a moment?"

 

"Hai (Yes)," she enters while I wait in the entrance of the store. She comes back a minute after. "He said that you can enter the store."

 

"Arigatou (Thank you)," I bow to her and enter the store. I halt again and have this surprise annoyed reaction to my face.

 

"Ah, Jihye-chan, it's been a while. Come on sit." He says merrily and his guests turn to my direction. They look at me surprise too.

 

"Noona, you wear eyeglass," Seungri mutters. It’s not ‘noona, you’re here’. Well, I do look weird maybe, that’s why they have those expressions.

 

Ah! I forgot that I'm wearing my reading glass. I'm reading a book when I left the hotel. I must have forgotten that I'm wearing it. I smile to him but focus my attention to Chef Sato. "Sato nii-sama, I came here to pre order 2 platters of my favorites. Can you make it?" I ask. The boys look at me as I speak Japanese fluently.

 

"Sure, will I deliver it?" He asks but continues making sushi for the BigBang boys.

 

"No, I will pick it up. I'm just going to the night market for fun." I look at my watch. "Around 10 pm, I'll pick it up."

 

"Okay," he makes an OK sign. "Do you want to drink sake?" He offers.

 

I decline and say, "I'm drinking coffee. It is not a good match. Besides, I have to go." He scowls at me. It is really a pain when an older one offers you a drink. You can't decline. "Fine, only one drink," I agree forcefully.

 

The girl waitress pours the sake on a small cup. I slightly turn my head and drink it in one go. I really don't like the taste of sake or even soju. "You still hate sake that much," he laughs at me.

 

"I have to go now Sato nii-sama." I say and he looks at me and nods. I look at the boys looking at me. "It is nice to see you, here. This is the best sushi bar I know." I give them two thumbs up before leaving.

 

Around 10 pm, I come back to see the platters already stack in the bar then sees the boys limping from drunkenness. "Manager Lee, right?" He looks at me and has this inquiring stare. "Where are the other managers?"

 

"Ah, Jihye-ssi, I didn't recognize you from the glasses." No wonder, he is staring at me like I'm not someone he knows. I've met him and the other managers in the Philippines when we hang out with the boys in their suite.

 

I am putting space to me and Jiyong as much as possible because he is staring interested on me. Yeah, I know it even Eunjae and Chaewon. Chaewon looks like nuts but she is sharp when it comes to this. But the girls like hanging out with them. They like their company so as much as they like the girls spent time with them.

 

"Do you need help?" I inquire. He looks like he's about to give up on them. "Do you have a car or a van?" I ask.

 

"The driver is already asleep but I'm driving it and these boys sneak out of the hotel and now, they are drunk as hell. If YG and the others knew about this, I will be dead." He says worriedly. Omo! They just take a life out of him.

 

"I understand. The hotel I'm staying in is just near here. They can stay in our suite for the night and you pick them up with change of clothes tomorrow morning, will that be fine?"

 

He looks at me relieved. "Really?" I nod in response.

 

"Come on. Let's carry them one by one to the van." I look helplessly on these heavy boys.

 

It is a good thing I know the general manager of the hotel. He can help me put them in our suite without causing ruckus in the lobby. This will be news if paparazzi found out them drunk like this. He even helps us carry the boys in my room.

 

"It is a good thing you have the biggest bed. They can fit well." My friend says as he looks at the boys sprawled on my bed.

 

"Jihye-ssi, I apologize for the disturbance." Manager Lee bows and really looks remorseful.

 

"She will help even if she hates the person," my friend assures Manager Lee.

 

I pinch him in the side to shut him up. "It's alright but be sure to be here at 8 in the morning. You really look pitiful earlier after all." He really looks pitiful earlier that you will help him even if you don't want to.

 

Jiyong's P.O.V

 

My head hurts. What the hell did we do last night? I look around and notice that this is not our hotel suite. Seunghyun-hyung is also awake but still disoriented.

 

"Where are we?" He asks.

 

I shrug. "Even I don't know where we are."

 

He groans in pain. We really must have drunk a lot last night. I don't have any memory of how the hell we ended up here. I enter the bathroom and see that there is a toothbrush prepared for each of us.

 

"Whoever suite is this, the person is prepared." Hyung says and picks up the toothbrush and brushes his teeth. I did the same.

 

We both walk out of the room to see Eunjae sipping coffee in the counter top. "Do you want coffee?" She offers.

 

We are rooted in place both trying to remember on how we ended up here. Why are we in Eunjae's suite? Did we see her last night?

 

She chuckles and answers our confused minds, "That girl there," she points on the couch. We see a serene sleeping face of Jihye. Even in sleeping, she looks beautiful but I know that I saw her sleeping in the café already. "I think was responsible of you being here. You are all sleeping after all in her room."

 

She must have came back to pick up the sushi platter she ordered. How did she carry us out of the store to the hotel?

 

"She even ordered breakfast. What do you want to eat? She ordered a lot." Eunjae isn't even fazed that we are here. She just kept on walking towards the kitchen getting water.

 

"Oh! The guests are awake." Chaewon walks out of her room drying her hair with a towel.

 

"Are you not even shock that we are here?" Youngbae asks when he walks out of the room.

 

"Ani (No), knowing her she will help even without second thoughts." Chaewon says looking at her sleeping friend.

 

"She looks beautiful even when sleeping, right Jiyong?" Eunjae teases and smacks her hands with Chaewon.

 

A phone rings before I can come up with an answer. Jihye moves and search for her phone still eyes close. "Yeoboseyo," she says sleepily. "Ani (No)," she opens her eyes slowly then blinks twice and sits up. She stares at us groggily. "Yeah, some are awake already. No, they don't need a towel anymore. I ask for it in the room service to be delivered early in the morning." She listens to what the caller is saying. "The food is here already. Everything is fine. So, let me sleep." She hangs up and lay down again.

 

She covers her eyes with her arms. "Manager Lee will be coming shortly with your change of clothes. And please, don't sneak out of your hotel just to get drunk.” She yawns and sits up again. "I'll be borrowing your shower again, Eunjae."

 

She stands up. My eyes instantly roam from top to bottom. She is wearing an oversize shirt and walks confidently even if there are boys around. She is definitely y and she is not afraid to flaunt it.

 

"y isn't she?" Chaewon teases now.

 

"That's her usual get-up when she sleeps after all, even Dahee." Eunjae looks at hyung meaningfully. Now, it was hyung's turn to get tease. Eunjae ushers us to sit with her on the dining table giving us coffee.

 

"The sushi are cold already even our coffee," Chaewon grumbles as she pokes the sushi. "She really always spoils us, especially the young ones in our group," she mutters.

 

"Ditto," Eunjae says.

 

"Noona, you are an angel from heaven," Seungri praises her while we are having breakfast. All of us are awake now and some are having headaches. The girls even reprimanded us that sake is a traitor drink like soju. You think you're not getting drunk but you are.

 

"Arasso, as if there is an angel in hell," she spat playfully. The doorbell rings. "It must be Manager Lee," she voice out. She walks towards the door wearing a casual outfit. This is the first time I saw her wearing a day outfit not the formal or business casual type of clothes. She is wearing a ripped white jeans and a floral top.

 

“You’re staring at her again,” Eunjae points out smiling sheepishly.

 

She comes back behind her is Manager Lee and… “Kiko,” I blurt out standing up in the process.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading!

Really, I am thankful.

I hope you have enjoyed reading.

Please, leave a comment.

-authornim