Home

SHE

Chapter 55:

 

Jiyong’s P.O.V

 

For a year, I am desperate to still see Jihye and at the middle of second year, I have lost faith in seeing her. At the end of the second year, I see her again. Is the world making fun of me? I am about to free my mind of her. I am so close to giving up. Now that she is in front of me, the hurt, pain, anguish, whatever you call it, is building inside of me.

 

Jihye is sitting in front of me, calm and compose. She even wants us to be friends. Does she think that whatever she has done is forgivable on a whim? Did she think that I didn’t get hurt when she left me?

 

“I can understand if you do not want us to be friends but at least be civil with me,” Jihye remarks and she takes another sip from her drink.

 

She doesn’t care about me, I can see that. Why am I even hurting when I know that I mean nothing to her? Why this heart does beat fast only for her?

 

“Of course, I can be civil with you. Can you answer my question now? I may not look to be in a hurry but I am,” I respond to her as calm as I can be.

 

“Then my answer will be the same, Jiyong,” Jihye speaks seriously. “I left because I don’t want another fan to be like Haeri. I don’t want them to hurt me or them to become reckless.”

 

I stare at her. Is she really that selfish? She only thinks about herself. Am I really that blind to not know what she really is? I have found my answer. I stand up and didn’t bother to say goodbye to her. I contemplate everything about her, if they are real or not?

 

Jihye’s P.O.V

 

“I didn’t know that you are selfish, like how you say it,” Eunjae speaks as she comes out of her hiding place.  “Just tell him, how painful it is to lose something you protect.”

 

I sigh as she tells me something that I rather not remember. “How will I say it when I already lost it?”

 

“If I didn’t hear your mother and Aunt Chie talking about it, I wouldn’t have known till today, am I right?” Eunjae give me the knowing look.

 

“I guess.” I shrug, avoiding eye contact. I will like to keep that a secret as much as I like but unfortunately, Eunjae heard it from my careless mother and aunt. “Let’s go.” I stand up and smoothens my dress. “I’m not here for fashion week anyway but for business.”

 

“But you went to the Chanel runway,” Eunjae states.

 

“He visited me in Bordeaux, so, I feel guilty if I didn’t go to his show. Still, I didn’t anticipate being seated in the center,” I reply, walking towards the waiting car in the entrance.

 

“Paris is one hurdle but are you ready to face Korea? Fans may have stop bullying you but once you are back be prepared for their suspicious nature.”

 

I look back to Eunjae. “Am I the same Jihye? I may look like the passive Jihye still but I’m not her anymore,” I remark.

 

“But the heart is still the same, Jihye,” Eunjae utters with a matter of fact tone.

 

I heave a sigh. “I wish it was still Grey in my heart. It is easy to move on and I will not see him in the frequent places I go to.” It is a hurtful truth that I fell in love too much that it is so hard to move on from it. How I wish that my heart is cold and hard as stone.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

Korea, I am back. It is a good thing that I arrive at an early hour, I mean 3 in the morning and paparazzi are still sweetly tucked in bed.

 

“Welcome back, Jihye,” Chaewon greets with a sudden hug. “We missed you so much.”

 

“I miss you too, Chaewon,” Eunjae says sarcastically.

 

“You’ve only been away for a month, Eunjae, while Jihye is gone for two years,” Chaewon defends herself.

 

“Stop it, guys! We are not to fight in the airport in the wee hours,” I remark and my hands stopping both of them. “I am tired and want to rest already. I miss you too, Chae, Sumi and Dahee. But I am really tired since until the flight comes Eunjae and I are in business mode.”

 

“Yes, let’s go home,” Dahee agrees calmly. She ushers Sumi and grabs Chaewon away from Eunjae.

 

“Eunjae, I know that we lack sleep but please, don’t terrorize people in the wee hours of the day that lacks sleep also, like us.” I give her the look and she nods her head.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

I open my eyes not that long from my sleep. I check my clock in the side table and I am right. I’ve only been asleep for two hours and I am positive that I will not get anymore sleep than this. I sigh while sitting up from my bed and stretch my limbs.

 

“Time difference sure ,” I utter in annoyance.

 

I get up from bed and decide to take a shower.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

“Do I really have to go to YG?” I inquire to them while waiting for breakfast to be served, which is being done by Sumi.

 

Eunjae looks at me and sighs. “Unfortunately yes and fortunately, Jiyong is busy outside the country. Their concert tour is starting and fortunately, you are supervising the new boy group of YG, iKon and you have to meet with the other boy group, Winner and you have to see YG.”

 

“Do I really have to do that in the building? You do know that if I am seen going inside of YG building then another set of ruckus of speculation. Paris did a good job of speculation about me and Jiyong already and I am sure that we are on the news in here,” I point out glumly. I did not comeback to be a feast to people who doesn’t understand a thing.

 

“We are going with you,” Dahee butts in. “Just to be safe, YG-appa put a high barricade in the parking and entrance of the building.”

 

“Why do I have to supervise another boy group? I am so done with that.”

 

“But that is not our forte,” Chaewon answers. “It is yours and Sumi but Sumi is busy in her internship.”

 

“Sorry,” Sumi says remorsefully.

 

“It’s alright, Sumi. You must focus on your internship. I’m just whining like a child on a time like this,” I respond to her. “An hour is what I am only giving this schedule.”

 

“That is enough to complete the meeting and supervising,” Chaewon remarks and digs in her food.

 

There is nothing I can do but just go with it.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

“Welcome back, Jihye,” YG-appa welcomes me warmly.

 

“Thanks,” I reply not feeling comfortable being in here. “So, let’s get down to business, appa.”

 

YG-appa chuckles and shakes his head. “Is it really unbearable to be here? I know how this building makes you remember but can you not at least show me that you are okay?”

 

“Even if I show you that I am okay, you will still peel me like an onion with every query you ask,” I remark, looking at YG-appa accusingly. “Anyway, I am here on a business purpose and not for personal matters. Shall we start?” I smile warmly to his grinning face.

 

YG-appa smiles and nods his head. “Let’s go at the recording studio for you to meet, iKon and Winner. They are our newly launch boy group.”

 

“I’ve been brief about them by the girls and a fanatic, namely Chaewon,” I jest. “Let’s do this fast because I have heard that there are people that I don’t want to see are here in the building.”

 

YG smile falls and gazes at me seriously. “I’m sorry about that. Even if I want to change the date of our meeting, I can’t since they are busy and this is your only available time.”

 

“It’s alright. Accident happens,” I utter but I sigh when I realize what I have said.

 

YG stops walking. “It’s…”

 

“Let’s not talk about it, appa,” I say in sadness. “It’s still a little bit raw in here.” I point in my heart. “It didn’t heal at all because I treasure what I lost the most.” I wipe the tear that is about to fall in my eye. “Let’s stop talking anything that will remind me of the past.”

 

Mianheyo,” YG-appa mutters.

 

“It’s alright. It was unintentional from both sides.” I have decided two years I go that I will let go and move on but I didn’t move a single step, not even a little bit. I didn’t change at all. I am still the same weak Jihye, the weak Anna. I am weak when it comes to my heart. That will never change.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

“Boys, I would like you to meet Jihye Song. She is a very close acquaintance of mine. And she will be here to supervise you for an hour about your voice, particularly iKon.” YG introduces me and I greet them and smile to them. “These boys are Winner and iKon. The Winner members are ….. and the iKon members are….”

 

“Shall we start? I only have an hour to oversee everything, so, I will like every one of you in front of these mics and I will listen to your voices from this song. You have been brief about it, right?” I inquire with my work mode on. I clap my hand in realization. “The rappers, I will like you to sit for a while. I need to be a bit meticulous on you since that’s my forte.”

 

YG-appa chuckles and looks at me. “It’s a bit overwhelming to see you on your work mode again. That passion to music is still there.”

 

“It never disappeared. I just focus on my business career.” I clap my hands again to signal the band to start.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

“B.I, you need to be more careful on your clear pronunciation of your words. You sometimes forget the words and you scramble them up. It’s alright to do that but you are obvious when you forget them. Try to mask your expression. Bobby, well, I’m not a person who likes to hear curses in any song or dissing but you have your freedom but can you tone it down a bit. We are not in show me the money for you to dis your rival or anything. Mino, damn,” I cuss. Song Mino is entitled to be the next GD, his moves and angst is so like him and I am so damn curse with this company. “You have faults too. Nobody’s perfect, so, I think you can work it out to not too perfect since people hate perfect people. Let’s go to the next one.”

 

“JIHYE-noona!!!”

 

The door burst open with the sound of the familiar voice. I look at the visitor in surprise. “Hi,” I say awkwardly.

 

“Jihye,”

 

The next one is Top with an unbelieving expression.

 

“Jihye!!!” Youngbae and Daesung shriek in surprise.

 

The last person, behind all of them, is silent and staring at me blankly. It’s been passed an hour and I know that one way or another, we will meet. At least, I’ve met them inside the building rather than outside. “Hi,” I say again in a bit cheerful tone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading!

I hope you like it!

Upvote!

Comment!

Subscribe!

-authornim