Menace

SHE

Chapter 51:

 

Jihye's P.O.V

 

I am out together with Jiyong for our usual date night. He's been a little grumpy ever since the fans wanted me to die from the accident. Well, they are really harsh but I can't blame them since they love their idol so much that is too frightening on my opinion.

 

"Ji, can we eat somewhere not too fancy," I inquire to Jiyong. I don't want any fancy restaurants or bars tonight. I need a little tone down on our dinner habits, his dinner habits. I always want to eat something not costly.

 

"Where do you want to eat? You are much more familiar in Japan more than me."

 

Yes, we are still in Japan and the boys are still doing their concert tour in here. So, I'm a bit safe in here since most Japanese VIP's like Daesung. Maybe if I hook up with Daesung, I will be a persona non grata in a country I love.

 

"Can we go to the night market? I know an ahjumma that sells great and cheap Japanese ramen. Her store is located near the night market, after all." I look at Jiyong with my dazzling excited eyes.

 

Jiyong smiles and kisses me in my forehead. "Arasso," he responds. "It's my treat tonight, right?"

 

"Yes, it's yours. I paid for our dinner last night," I answer and smile widely. So basically, we compromise about who will pay for our dinner in our dates. It is a long talk but one way or another, Jiyong agreed with me, finally.

 

"Mon Cherie, are you really not mad on how my or rather our fans treat you? They are way over the top this time and I hate to admit it but they are already getting on my nerves."

 

I look at Jiyong and shake my head. It's a lie of course. I am being affected badly since I do care for Jiyong and they think that I don't. "When I decided to date and be your girlfriend, I already accepted the wrath of your fans. It's like you’re a package. If they like me, I thank them and if they don't, I can't blame them," I reply seriously.

 

As a matter of fact, the worst thing that happened to me is not even this. These threats are nothing compared to losing a life. Well, it's another matter if they sent me death threats or dead animals in my home. I would have filed law suits to stop them, now.

 

"Don't hate your fans just because they hate who you are dating. It’s part of a celebrity life. Your life is not your own since you gave that up when you chose to be in this industry." I squeeze his hand and smile at him. "Eventually, remember," I remind him about our reminder about our relationship being accepted by fans.

 

"Eventually," Jiyong replies with an assuring smile.

 

"Come on!" I cheer. "I want to eat some ramen." I drag Jiyong with my pace. I have to at least take his mind of the issue. It's not like every time we go out he worries about me.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

"It's delicious, right?" I inquire giddily.

 

Jiyong, on the other hand, is busy slurping the ramen I ordered for him. This ramen house is a blockbuster in employees going out of work in the evening. I am bit thankful that we ate in a time when old people eat. They don't know Jiyong and it is peaceful.

 

"It is, Cherie," he responds.

 

"Japan is also my home," I remark and smile widely. "You better slow down and stop eating more. I'll be reprimanded by your trainer if you gain weight."

 

"I am not fat," he shrieks at me defensively and his chest puffing out like woman being ridiculed of her weight.

 

"I am not calling you fat, you ,"

 

"I'm not an ," he exclaims again.

 

This time I laugh at his antics. I place my hand on his cheeks with a warm smile. "I'm not suggesting anything about weight or anything about attitude," I clarify. Well, sometimes my boyfriend is a bit over dramatic. "As a responsible girlfriend, I have to watch over you. I have to prove myself at them, right?"

 

Jiyong places his hand on my cheek too. "Don't push yourself too hard. I don't want you getting too much pressure because of irrelevant things. The important thing is that we are committed to each other. I did promise I will never let go of you."

 

Yes, he did and I hope that he will really never let go of me. "You did," I remark. "So, are we done doing a scene in here?" she speaks and Jiyong looks around to see old people staring at us. My boyfriend instantly shies away. Well, at least I know that he can get shy sometimes.

 

“You should have told me that they are looking at us already?” he whispers to me.

 

I giggle and shake my head in amusement. “I actually like seeing you shy and defensive once in a while. So, what are we going to do next?” I look at my watch to check how much time we still have before the rehearsal starts for the concert tonight. “Shall we watch a movie or do you want to shop? You like to see some fashion brands in Japan?”

 

“It will be a waste of time to watch a movie and I don’t think we have that much time in our hands. Shopping? We have been doing that in every city. Can we not do something else?” Jiyong pouts. Jiyong does this when he is annoyed.

 

Well, we have limited things to do in here or anywhere. We can’t be careless again when we are going out since we are not yet out in the open and still people are still speculating about us. Our strategy is to deny and deny until they think we are not an item.

 

“How about we tell to the whole world that we are going out?” I . He hates it when I say that since I’m really not serious about it and yet, he is serious about it. The whole kpop world will be a wreck if he said that.

 

“Stop it,” Jiyong grumbles and glowers at me.

 

I stick my tongue out as a way to annoy him more. He then scowls more and pouts. “Arasso, I’m not going to tease you anymore. Let’s go to a nearby park and relax for a bit,” I suggest to him. “Like a normal couple, right?”

 

He smiles widely and nods his head vigorously.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

I am resting my head in Jiyong’s shoulder and his head on mine. He is holding my hand and caressing it. “Are you enjoying this?” I ask him. There are no people, not that much, in the park and we are really relaxing in peace.

 

“Yeah,” he replies contently. “It has been a while since we have a peaceful date in the open. It feels like this thing is so hard to get when we are together.”

 

I chuckle at his statement. “You can’t even relax even if you’re alone or with the boys. Fans will always scream your name and shout like there is no tomorrow.”

 

“As long as they shout that they love us then that will be fine but if they say something against you then I’m not okay with that,” he responds back. Judging from his voice, he is a bit mad.

 

I place my hand on his cheek without moving an inch from my position. “We are relaxing, remember?” I feel his hand holds mine. “We only have an hour more before your call back in the stadium. Do you want to stay here or want to do something else?”

 

“Let’s stay like this till the last minute,” he says sweetly.

 

I want to blush and smile like a fool but people are passing by and I don’t want to attract attention. We are even talking in Japanese to blend in and wear sunglasses. “Arasso,” I respond coolly.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Let’s go,” I say to Jiyong. He takes a nap while we are waiting for the time. Well, I know he is tired since their concert tour is jam packed like any other. Even if I’m itching to prank at him, I stop myself to let him sleep.

 

“Can we not stay for an hour more?” Jiyong grumbles like a kid.

 

I chuckle. “No,” I answer stern, “we still have to walk back to the van waiting for us and you still have to prepare for your concert. Your fans waited for this, give them the best show they can get.”

 

“And yet, you don’t hate them for what they are doing to you. I wish we are like Youngbae and Eunjae or Top-hyung and Dahee. They don’t get this treatment.” Jiyong sighs heavily.

 

“They are different from us. Dahee and Eunjae are not like me whose life is in the limelight, like you. I am a model and they are entrepreneurs and a student. They have private life while I have a public one, just like you again,” I explain for him not to envy others. Well, even I want to have a peaceful relationship but I can’t have that since people like me who earns through camera will be a public figure even if I want it or not. “But, we care for each other, remember? So, that’s what matters most.”

 

Jiyong smiles and nods his head in agreement. “Why do I have such an understanding lover?” He pinches my cheeks and grins at me.

 

I slap his hand. That hurts and I will not tolerate him for doing it. I’m not that compassionate. “Not that understanding but I do know when to apprehend feelings of others.”

 

“Still, I commend my girlfriend for being kind to our fans that bullies you.” Jiyong kisses me in the lips as an appreciation for my effort, a whole lot of effort.

 

I smile and graze my lips on his. “I commend my boyfriend for not fighting back and try to be lenient on his fans that are bashing me.”

 

“As long as there’s no harm done as you said, I will be as lenient as I can be to them.”

 

“That’s my boyfriend,” I praise and hug him. “You are the best boyfriend I have ever had.”

 

Jiyong laughs and shakes his head in disbelief. “You only say that when you are trying to set me up to change the subject.”

 

I sheepishly smile as he gets used to my changing the topic antics. Well, he always gets annoyed when the topic is about me and his bully fans. He will just ruin his good mood that we started in our date. I don’t want our date to end up with an annoyed boyfriend.

 

“Shall we go? We took a whole five minutes just talking,” I imply and stand up from the bench.

 

Jiyong sluggishly and slowly stand his way up then he sits again. He is like a child sometimes but it’s cute when I see it.

 

“Come on, Ji. We don’t have the whole time in the world with your ‘I don’t want to go’ antic.” I smirk at him. Yeah, that is what he is doing right now. He is buying time to annoy the hell out of me.

 

He smirks and laughs heartily. “It’s not an antic,” he defends, his arms crossing in his chest. “It is a strategy to annoy my girlfriend and, it’s working.”

 

I lean in and pinch his cheeks. “We better go now or else, you will be late and I’ll be the one reprimanded by YG-appa and not you.” This is my strategy for him to do things faster. He really is protective of me that when I say that YG-appa will reprimand me for his doing he will be like the flash doing everything in a hurry.

 

Jiyong instantly stands up and holds my hand, dragging me away from the park. He is like a person set on fire as he hurries back to the vehicle waiting for us.

 

“Now, you are rushing,” I tease while giggling in delight. I glance up and that’s when I notice the person walking towards us.

 

“It’s not funny, Jihye,” Jiyong whines but I barely hear it since my focus is on the person with a cold menacing glare straight at me.

 

My eyes go wide and I instantly hug Jiyong. It’s like in a fast forward, everything happened so fast and I’m clinging to Jiyong, clinging for my life actually. As I feel the foreign object enters my body, I know that it will be something will put my life at risk.

 

“Jihye,” Jiyong utters in shock. His hands wrap around me. “Haeri, what have you done?” he stutters.

 

“I….I…I…” I hear her and the cling of the metal falling from the floor. “It’s her fault. You are mine Jiyong. You are supposed to love me when you and Kiko broke up. She snatched you from me,” Haeri says hysterically. I don’t need to see to know that she is going crazy.

 

“Jihye…”

 

I can feel Jiyong tapping my cheeks to keep me awake but my consciousness is slowly fading away and I collapse.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading!

I hope you like it!

Comment!

Upvote!

Subscribe!

-authornim