The Magazine

SHE

Chapter 45:

 

Haeri's P.O.V

 

"What the hell is this?" I shriek in anger as I flip every page of the magazine that my husband Jiyong is. Why is he together with freaking Jihye in the cover of a wedding magazine? "Aaaahh! You, ing Jihye!!! Why are you wearing a wedding dress?" I shout to no one as I am alone in my apartment. "I'm going to kill you?"

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Kiko's P.O.V

 

I am laughing so hard, as I read the controversial magazine of the century. I even shipped the freaking magazine to Japan just to look at it with my own eyes. "She is declaring war," I say through my fits of laughter.

 

"Kiko, what are you reading that makes you laugh like that?" my friend asks me in curiosity.

 

"Hmmm..." I respond amused. "A magazine where my new found friend is,” I answer. “It's a little problematic and daring cover." My friend walks towards me but I stop her. "It's already time. You can just read it later."

 

Well, my friend kind of knows that Jiyong is my ex and I don't want her hating him for the wrong reasons. Jiyong is still a friend even though we are not together anymore and Jihye is one of the best girls I have ever met.

 

"Hey, isn't that Anna?"

 

I stop and look at the person, a staff with the latest shoot for a clothing brand. "Anna?"

 

"Yes," he nods, "Anna Song, she modeled for many fashion brands in Paris and here in Japan but she retires from modeling in 2011 in the Chanel fashion show. Do you know her?"

 

Anna Song? Does that mean she's the same Anna Song, I have admired. That's why I even sign a contract in the same company she used to be in Paris and Sarah even told me that Anna is already gone in the wind.

 

"If I am right, Anna stop modeling because of the death of her fiancé and she's been to drinking and a lot of unwanted attention because she became a playgirl after that. It's not a major issue but since she's been going out with almost a new guy every week, the whole modeling community buzz about it."

 

I'm not Ms. Perfect is what Jihye told me, but does that mean that Jihye now is different from the Jihye before? "Is Anna friendly and cheerful when her fiancé is still alive?"

 

"Anna? Are you talking about Anna, Chanel's designer favorite model?" the photographer butts in our conversation.

 

"Yes, we are," the staff answers honestly fast.

 

"Ah! That girl is the light of any photoshoot. She brings energy to everyone before the tragic death of her fiancé but after that she became a little wild than a loner. Anna is one of the best models a photographer would love to work with. She knows what the photographer wants and what the magazine needs. Why are you talking about her?" The photographer looks at the two of us.

 

"It's nothing. He just spoke about Anna Song and I ask him about it." Kiko replies in a hurry with a smile.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jiyong's P.O.V

 

The boys are looking at the photos in the magazine. It is like they are examining it carefully on how their focus doesn’t even gaze away for a second. I am completely embarrassed at what they are doing.

 

"Jihye looks super-duper cool in the magazine. No wonder, it is the main topic of any showbiz news in the television and even in the newspaper," Top expresses in amusement.

 

"How was she in a shoot?" Seungri giddily shrieks.

 

I think about it then smiles as I remember how I am at awe in how she is when she's at work. "Professional," I state proudly. "She never crosses the line of work and personal. I even shied away because somebody is even more professional when it comes to work. It is like seeing another side of my girlfriend." I gush out nonstop.

 

"Well, with this move sajangnim is making his final statement that you and Jihye are strong couple," Top states as he looks at the photos.

 

"Yeah," I agree. There is no doubt that Yg-hyung is not mad towards the people hating Jihye without knowing her at all, since I can't do anything about it because Jihye warns me not to get into it. Well, she is right to warn me because I may cause more hate for her. “But we are also not admitting that we are a couple.”

 

"But you should have seen this magazine," Daesung butts in and throws a magazine in the table. "My manager gave it to me on the way here. He said that Jihye is a model for real."

 

I grab the magazine and see nothing but amazement. Jihye really makes me proud of her. She is not the cover but she's in it for a spread and interview. Her name is written in small caps in the right corner of the front cover.

 

The guys hurry me to flip the page where she is and so I did since I am excited to see another side of her. The guys utter 'OH’s' and 'ah's' as they appreciate the photos of Jihye.

 

"She really does like Chanel?" Seungri says curiously.

 

"It is part of her contract that she has to wear one piece of anything Chanel in her every magazine shoot," I inform them. They are surprise just like me when I found out since that is like an exclusive contract from Chanel.

 

"But damn!" TOP exclaims in frustration. "Why is she so damn great in these expressions of hers?"

 

"Do you know that this magazine is sold out the moment it came out because of Jihye's interview section?" Daesung announces again.

 

"Why is it sold out?"

 

"It is looks like that it has been a while for Jihye to grace a magazine interview in Paris," Daesung replies unsure.

 

"It is because Jihye never does a magazine interview. She only does the fashion part then it is done. This is the first time, Jihye approve of an interview." Eunjae comes in explaining everything.

 

"So, are you telling us that noona's interviews are diamonds?" Seungri utters in disbelief.

 

"Ah, not like diamonds but Jihye usually rejects any interview since she say it's hassle for her," Eunjae clarifies. "Jihye is not perfect after all and her faults mostly lie on her honesty sometimes."

 

"Why are you here, babe?"

 

"Babe!!!" We shriek in surprise and utter shock.

 

"Bae, did you just call Eunjae 'babe'?" I ask in disbelief. What is happening? The last thing I know is that they are still in the getting to know stage. Now, they are in the calling endearment stage? That's quite fast, more than fast than mine.

 

"Yeah, what's wrong with that?" Youngbae says nonchalantly.

 

"What is wrong with that?" We shriek again.

 

"What is wrong with it is the part that Eunjae is blushing like crazy right now. That is not the Eunjae we know." Daesung points on scarlet Eunjae with his hand.

 

Youngbae gives them the 'I don't care look'.

 

I sigh but smile. I am so happy for my friend. Well, it is time for them to have a serious relationship. Their age is right to have a relationship that we have to cherish. "Congrats Eunjae but I hope Youngbae, don't give you headache," I congratulate them sincerely.

 

"Thanks bro but I think I remembered now why Eunjae is here," Youngbae says as she taps my shoulder. "I'll go first."

 

"Aisht! Why are we the only ones who don’t have girlfriends?" Seungri exclaims annoyed and aggravated.

 

Daesung looks at Seungri sympathetically then sighs. "You are not allowed to date, maknae. It is still part of your punishment from your mistakes."

 

Seungri sighs defeated. "I know," he replies.

 

"Ah! Seungri, Jihye reminded me that you two have a date tonight. She said she promised you about it," Eunjae looks back and utters.

 

Seungri jumps in joy. "Yes, I thought noona has already forgotten," he states cheerfully.

 

"Wait!" I shriek, "What is the meaning of this?" I look at Eunjae and Seungri, but it's more of a glare for Seungri.

 

Seungri jumps back in fear but Eunjae just chuckle at my sudden shouting of disapproval.

 

"Jihye warned me about your jealousy but I didn't know that your jealousy and possessiveness is a bit over the top that even with Seungri, you are touchy about it," Eunjae says amused.

 

"I'm not touchy," I defend sulking, "it is just that..." I fidget knowing my reason is a little bit petty.

 

"Hyung, I will not go if you don't want me to. Jihye-noona is still your girlfriend after all," Seungri says glumly.

 

I heave a sigh. "No, you can go. I'm just being a little bit selfish about it," I admit. Well, I'm a little bit possessive on there and Eunjae points it out straightforwardly. I am ashamed about it but there is nothing I can do. I am like this ever since.

 

"Jihye said too that Sajangnim is the one who told Jihye not to meet you yet since the magazine caused a stir. It is better for you, two, to be apart. And since you, two, are busy from work," Eunjae remarks.

 

"I know about that. It's the fact that I'm missing her since the last time I saw her is..."

 

"Yesterday," all of them say at the same time.

 

"Was it just yesterday?" I ask innocently.

 

"Yes," they reply not amused with my act.

 

"Aisht Jiyong! You're infatuation with Jihye is too much but don't you dare hurt her or else, I will punch you to death," Eunjae warns as she exits with Youngbae.

 

"Yeah right," I agree with her. I am really losing it when it comes to Jihye.

 

Top taps my shoulders and smile sympathetic. "I'm like that with Dahee," he states then grins, "but you are worse than me."

 

"Hyung," I sulk.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jihye's P.O.V

 

"What are you talking about?" I inquire aghast to Kiko over the phone.

 

"I saw the magazine and from what I have heard, you're former name is Anna Song. Then I finally remember that the owner of the bracelet that Jiyong is wearing is someone name Anna. Is that you?" Kiko explains, sounding serious.

 

"Uhmm..." I stutter. I don't know from where Kiko heard it but it's something I like to hide for a bit longer.

 

"Can I interpret the silence as a yes?" Kiko pries.

 

"I guess there's no hiding from you anyway. Yes, I'm Anna Song and I'm the same Anna that Jiyong once met and the one you're jealous of because of the damn bracelet," I admit.

 

"Well, if I'm still holding on to Jiyong this is a piece of good news to me but I gave up on him already and I know what you are. But, why don't you tell it to him?"

 

I sigh heavily. "If you heard it from some of the style shoots then they must have told you how reckless I am before I became Jihye and at the time Jiyong and I met, I am recuperating from it and yet, I falter because of Jiyong. I treated that night as a mistake but for Jiyong, it's a once in a lifetime dream."

 

"But, you are in love now. Why hide it from him still?" Kiko sounded confuse.

 

"Kiko, until now, I am treating it as a mistake and I told you I'm not Ms. Perfect. I have faults and most of them are cruel than what you heard. It's not as simple as being reckless. It's about me being another being. Anna is some dark history of me," I expound.

 

I heard Kiko sigh. "Jihye, trust Jiyong," she assures me. "I have known him for years and he will understand it. Try to put a little trust on his feelings for you."

 

A smile creeps on my face. I don't know if it's a joyful or sad smile but at least it's a smile. "I'll give it some thought," she remarks. "Well, when will you come back from Japan? Let's hang out again some other time."

 

Kiko giggles. "I will tell you when I know my schedule. It's kind of hectic but I will inform you as soon as I see a vacant week. You have promised that we will go to the beach with everyone.”

 

I laugh softly but agree with her. “Yeah, I did promise that. Then, I will see you in your free week,” I claim.

 

“Yes, see you in my free week,” Kiko repeats.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading!

I hope you love or like it!

Comment!

Upvote!

Subscribe!

And I love you all for the comments I am receiving from all of you!

Hengsho!

-authornim