Birthday Party

SHE

Chapter 32:

 

Jihye’s P.O.V

 

I am now preparing for my party which is by the way so cool to get off my mind from going back to Grey. I may have proudly told him that I love him as a brother but that doesn’t mean I love him less than anyone. Love is still love even if it’s in different type of form.

 

“What am I going to wear?” I mutter as I look at my clothes in the closet. The theme for my party tonight is something you are comfortable wearing. It really is simple and it doesn’t change every year. Well, for one, my party is like an IT girl’s party and all the rich children of my parents friends go to it and try to oust everyone in the party including me.

 

I smile as I found one simple dress in my closet. I still haven’t worn this one but it’s not new. When did I get this even? I don’t even know when I got the dress for goodness sake.

 

I walk towards my shoe cabinet and search for the perfect match of the dress. “Hmm…” I examine my cabinet through and through and groan. “Arhg! Now, I hate having so many shoes to choose on and not one is to my liking. A dime in a dozen as they say,” I mumble to myself.

 

“Well, that is the perks of being a model. Designer’s clothes and shoes are being sent to you for free.” I look back to see Eunjae leaning on the door of my walk-in closet.

 

I sigh and agree. “So, what the hell are you doing here? I thought all of you left to get the club ready?” I inquire then look back to hunt for the shoes.

 

“Love is nonetheless love even it’s in the form of brotherly love,” Eunjae states.

 

I chuckle and agree. She really knows me well. They call me the brightest in here but for me, she is the brightest in all of us. And Chaewon will be the most perceptive of our feelings, even if she is an idol maniac.

 

“I’ll meet you downstairs then,” she says as she leaves my room.

 

I grab the shoes that I finally found after long minutes of shoe hunting in my cabinet. I walk towards the bed and put the shoes down on the floor. I sit in the comfy chair and look at myself in the vanity mirror.

 

“A little pull then push it up then tie it like this,” I mumble to myself as I style my already curled hair. Aigoo, I’m the only IT girl who does her own hair and make-up for her birthday. I will be ridiculed to death if the arrogant girls know that I’m doing it myself.

 

I put on a light make-up and gloss for my lips to match with the sparkly cream colored puffy long sleeves and backless dress and a big pink colored bow tie in the back that I grab on my closet. This will surely bring him in giving me a jacket for tonight. He hates it when I wear something more revealing to his liking.

 

At least it’s the back that is revealing rather than the front one, or else all hell will break lose and he will wreak havoc on the party tonight.

 

I put on the dress and sit at the end of the bed to wear my shoes, pink shoes. It’s not like a adore pink; it is much like I want to be a little girlish for today and no fighter Jihye for tonight, except when my friend are being ridiculed, that will be a different story.

 

I walk again to my accessory cabinet to choose the right pair for my ensemble. As I look up to the clock in my room, I hurriedly grab my clutch in the bed and rush downstairs.

 

Well, I am late and I don’t like being late in my party especially when the birthday girl isn’t there to greet her guest even if sometimes she has to act like she is happy about her hateful guests in the list.

 

“Are you all set?” Eunjae asks with a smile as she looks at me from head to foot. “I guess you are. Shall we?”

 

“Let’s go, because I don’t want to be late and be gossip about being a late host for my own party.” I said sarcastically.

 

She scoffs and smirks. “The lady of the night can do as she bids,” she states.

 

“I know, I know,” I reply with a sly smile.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

We drive our own cars to the club because first, they will be doing something that I should not even open up especially Dahee and Top. Oh well, they are on the next level of their relationship and the shy and silent Dahee is gone with the wind.

 

Eunjae and Youngbae, on the other hand, are still on the getting to know stage. A stage where Eunjae usually skips and gets to the bed part but I guess Youngbae is doing me a favor on getting the normal Eunjae and not the playgirl Eunjae. I just hope he doesn’t make it worse than it is already.

 

Well, I hope that is the last pair to be developed with the Bigbang guys. Two is a crowd already. Hmm…Chaewon is not on the list. She may be an idol maniac because whether she likes it or not she is engaged to his bastard childhood friend, who is currently studying in New York. That’s why she can do anything while her fiancé is away.

 

Sumi, on the other hand, is a little too naïve to think about love and she doesn’t look like taking any liking to anyone of the boys, maybe, a brotherly love. Her mind is too young for the pressure of having an idol for a boyfriend. I bet she likes anime kind of guys. She watches a lot of those stuffs at home.

 

As I pass the entrance to go to the underground parking lot, I saw a lot of reporters already trying to get a good shot of the people who are invited. Well, my party is private tonight and the club is close. But that doesn’t mean the club will not be jam-packed. It will be because all of my friends are the social ones and they like going to clubs and parties. There are no worries, guests are not here yet.

 

“It’s time to start the party in a minute,” I chime with a smile.

 

“Let the party begins,” Eunjae shouts in the parking lot like a lunatic. I raise my brow at her incredulously. She giggles. “Just let it pass,” she tells me defensively.

 

“Let’s go.” I clutch her arm and drag her inside.

 

Then a music starts which is not very party like but it’s still good. I look at Eunjae, who is looking away. Omo! She knows something about what’s going on and she is trying really hard not to drop the bomb in me.

 

I stare at the stage in wide surprise to see the boys standing there while my best friends and 2ne1 girls together with YG-appa standing near a table watching me walk through the back gate. I couldn’t hide the smile creeping to my lips.

 

“This song is for the girl that we all like,” Top says over the microphone while pointing at me.

 

“And for the girl who captures our hearts, especially our leader here,” Seungri says nudging his leader.

 

“This one is for you,” Jiyong speaks while giving me his boyish smile.

 

I don’t know the song they are singing since I have only know them just a few months ago and I’m not into kpop music. It’s not that I don’t know any song; I know their famous ones, like Haru Haru and Fantastic Baby. But even if I don’t know the song, it is still beautiful.

 

“The title of the song is ‘Wonderful’,” Eunjae informs me. I give her an inquiring gaze and she points my face. “It says there that you don’t know the title of the song and for me knowing I heard them practice it earlier before I went to pick you up.”

 

I cross my arms and raise my brow. “So you knew about this ploy of them?” I ask mockingly.

 

“Sorry about that but it is Chaewon who suggested it,” Chaewon butts in and points herself.

 

“I know,” I nod my head and look again on the performers on stage. “You are the only cliché person I know that will make him do something that he is good at,” I answer.

 

The girls giggle including the 2ne1 girls and YG-appa.

 

“Yah! Why are you so harsh on me?” Chaewon whines, while looking at me with her widen eyes.

 

“What’s the next song?” I inquire at Eunjae, ignoring Chaewon and her little antics.

 

“It’s ‘with u’, but the ‘you’ is only written in letter ‘u’,” she answers ignoring the blubbering Chaewon, who is saying profanities in Japanese.

 

I nod my head in response then looks back to the boys, who are enjoying their performance. As their performance ends, I open my arms and they instantly run and fight to be the first to hug me. I laugh at them but still waiting for the first person to win.

 

Jiyong walks past them and hugs me without second thought. “Happy Birthday,” he mutters and gives me a kiss on the forehead.

 

“Thanks for the surprise,” I reply and close my arms to hug him back. He is then pulled back by Top-oppa, who instantly hugs me. And all the boys did the same thing, pulling and hugging, like they will not get a hug from me.

 

YG then stretches his hand to stop them. “That will be okay,” he tells them and they instantly stop acting like kids. He looks at me and smiles. “Happy Birthday, Jihye.”

 

I hug him and thank him for the greeting. “Let’s start the party.”

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

The party is in full blast and everything is going smoothly except when I see girls I hate and they act so flirtatiously around the boys I hang out with and the Bigbang boys. But Seungri and Dae talks to them while the other three boys try to put some space but is badly losing.

 

These girls are like a leech as I like to describe them and they will hang on to you till you lose a lot of blood.

 

I gaze around and see Dahee fuming wanting to pull the hair of Rin, who is clinging and pushing her body to Top. Eunjae, on the other hand, is busying herself in the bar making drinks for the guests and Youngbae is the one glaring at the guys flocking to her.

 

I, on the other hand, am busy going around accommodating all my friends in long chat and the ones I hate with a greeting.  “You look like you are so stressed about something?” Jin asks me, a friend of mine and she’s a girl.

 

“No, I’m fine. It’s just I didn’t expect that much people will come tonight,” I lie. Well, I’m being stressed out because one, Jiyong is glaring at me whenever I speak or get close to boys too much in his vocabulary, who are actually my friends and the second will be because of the girls and the guys that are being flirt and being fired at from both doings.

 

“Jihye, I have to go home and I will like to meet you in the office tomorrow afternoon,” YG-appa talks to me and places his hand on my back.

 

“Office? Wae?” I ask confused of the situation I’m not in yet.

 

“I have something to talk to you about since I am your legal guardian while your father and mother are traveling the world.” He reminds me of my missing parents on my own birthday. I am not holding a grudge on them because I understand how hectic it is for them to run a global company.

 

“It sounds fishy to me.” He just chuckles and shakes his head. “Arasso, I’ll be there after lunch since I have to meet someone later in the afternoon and it’s not him.” I already answer the usual question he asks when I tell him I’m meeting someone.

 

He laughs softly and nods his head. “Happy Birthday again and my gift and my wife’s gift is in the table.” He points out.

 

I nod my head in response and smile. “Thank you for coming and drive safely and…”

 

“I’ll send you a message when I get home safely, neh,” he butts in.

 

I grin and nod. “Don’t forget that if you don’t want me to worry.” I accompany him till the back door since there’s where he parked his car. “I’ll see you tomorrow then,” I bow then wave my hand.

 

I chuckle when I hear the voices of the performers on stage, the 2ne1 girls. Walking back to see them up close is so hard to do when you are constantly being stop by people who wants to talk to you personally and business ones. The latter is the part that I hate when you are known as one of a global company; many people will like to talk to you about business ventures.

 

But some are just dumb enough to try to seduce me to bed. Well, they are not one of my ex-boy toys and I doubt I can still flirt when a hawk eyes me wherever I go and he doesn’t like one bit the missing cloth in my back.

 

I see his silhouette in my side and I smirk. “If you like to have me as a date, you can ask my boyfriend for that,” I tell them and point Jiyong, who is in my side, placing his hand on my back.

 

I look up to see him smiling stern at them. “And what would you like to ask?” he inquires coolly. This brat really knows how to intimidate a suitor.

 

There is quietness in the air and an awkward atmosphere. I want to laugh so hard but that will be extremely rude. “I guess they have changed their minds, Ji,” I utter and intertwine our hands and pull him out of there.

 

“I really hate being in your party,” he says in frustration.

 

I laugh softly and kiss his cheek. “You are just too possessive. Anyway, where is your coat? I need it because my back is getting cold.” I stretch my hand for him to give it to me. He’s been offering his coat to me since the start of the party.

 

He gives the ‘I-told-you-so’ look. I just roll my eyes as he takes his coat off and put it in my shoulder. “Do you like to wear it?”

 

I smile and shake my head. “I wear sleeves and it would be stuffy since you have skinny arms,” I tease. He pouts at my remark but I didn’t retract it back. “Anyway, no matter how cute you are I will not kiss in you public places and be bashed again not by your loyal fans but by the arrogant girls in here who are eyeing you since the party started.

 

“I can just tell them I am your boyfriend,” he declares.

 

I look at him, surprised about that. “There’s no need for that and they will still not stop anyway. I should be entertaining my other guests, not only you.”

 

He grabs my wrist and pulls me back then kisses me on the lips. It was a deep kiss that everyone in the room keeps quiet and stares at us. “That should do it,” he chimes after he kisses me.

 

I can’t utter anything in disbelief and how childish can he get to mark his territory. “I bet it is.” I agree but wipe the smeared gloss from his lips.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

aa15a85fdf5660d88c9caca9784d1d7c.jpg

~ This is the dress Jihye is wearing for her party. It is simple but cute. That is also the style of her hair. :D

 

THANK YOU FOR READING!

I HOPE YOU LIKE OR LOVE IT!

PLEASE, LEAVE A COMMENT!

VOTE! ONLY IF YOU LIKE!

SUBSCRIBE! ONLY IF YOU LIKE!

THANKS A BUNCH!

-AUTHORNIM