Ring

SHE

Chapter 23:

 

Jiyong’s P.O.V

 

She’s at home to get prepared for our so called date while I’m trying every coat I have in my dresser and nothing fits my taste today like any other day. Am I going to be like a girl who goes to his first date and doesn’t know what to wear? I stomp my feet in annoyance that I can’t choose anything.

 

Someone knock lightly on the door. “Jiyong, are you not done yet?” I distinguish the voice as Top-hyung.

 

“I’m not done yet!” I reply annoyed.

 

He chuckles. “Are you dress? I will enter your room together with Youngbae.” He speaks a little exultant that I’m having a hard time finding the right clothes for a freaking simple dinner date.

 

I see the knob twist and the door creaks as it open. A smile plaster on their faces, so wide, that I want to crush their faces. “What’s with those faces?” I snap at them.

 

“It’s nothing. I just see what I’ve been doing when my first date with Dahee came.” Top-hyung answers with a smile on his face.

 

“And how did you come up with the perfect get-up?” I ask back, a little strong in tone than I expected it.

 

He smiles understandingly. “Jihye,” he answers fast. “She is the one who dressed me up that night. She says first dates for girls are the make or break for the boy, so I must look appealing but simple at the same time. So she picked the clothes for me.”

 

I glare at him. “Are you trying to pick a fight with me? Are you telling me that if I can’t make her smile with my clothes then I can’t even land a very good first date?”

 

“Jiyong, he is not talking like that. In the first place, you are the one who ask him how he got his perfect get-up.” Youngbae reprimands me with stare saying that I’m going too far.

 

“Knock, knock,” Seungri chimes, “Hyung, there are people looking for you. Shall I let them in?”

 

“Who are they?” I shout back.

 

The door opens and two girls are grinning from ear to ear. “We are the stylist called for Mr. Kwon Jiyong. Is he here?” Chaewon tells, still with a wide smile.

 

“Good evening, Jihye says that you might have a hard time like Top here when it comes to a date.” Dahee says politely as usual.

 

I smile and thought that Jihye is someone who can read people. She knows when someone is in trouble, like me or Top or anyone with her girls.

 

“Boys, will you please leave Jiyong and us, girls, alone in the room for a minute or two,” Chaewon voices out charmingly.

 

The two boys go out of the room still baffled to the sudden show up of the two girls. But they didn’t argue with them anymore because it’s almost time for me to meet Jihye.

 

“Shall we start?” Dahee says smilingly.

-----------------------------------------------------

 

I am waiting for her in this get up. They dress me up in a kind of formal clothes, a coat over the black turtle neck top and black pants. She is taking too long to arrive. The girls say that she will meet him on the restaurant since they don’t like their house to be known to anyone of us, yep, including us. Top-hyung said to me that even he didn’t even step foot or see what their house is like.

 

Hmm…that will only make me more curious where they live. Anyway, this restaurant is really hidden and they didn’t even glance at me when I entered without my glasses. Hmm…that’s quite surprising but who knows, I’m not that popular maybe.

 

Then a girl wearing a black blazer, a tight black turtle neck paired with a metallic gold skirt came in. I only recognize her with her sunglasses that is same as mine and the Cartier bracelet we are wearing, right now. She removes her sunglasses and smile as she sees me sitting to the reserved table. Cliché as it may seem but she looks perfect even in the simplest outfit. How many times have I've been awed by her awesome sense of style.

 

“Hey, sorry for being late, I have been caught by the traffic,” she says as I help her in her sit and she mutters thanks. She removes her blazer which by the way that has a hood, it makes it look casual, and places it on her lap.

 

“It’s alright. I’m just thinking that you have stood me up on our first date.” I stop dead in my tracks when I saw that we are wearing the same colour of the turtle neck. “We match,” I point at our tops.

 

She looks down on her top and chuckles. “Ah, we sure are. What a coincidence?” she says in amazement. “Shall we order?”

 

I nod my head in response and she calls the waiter. We tell the waiter our order and he leaves us after that. There is only silence between us and I can’t come up with something to talk about. Wait! I forgot the freaking flowers on my car. How stupid can I get?

 

She giggles and shakes her head in amusement. “You really look troubled. What are you thinking so hard that it made a crease on your forehead?” she inquires.

 

I can’t help but smile when I see her laugh like that. “I’m thinking of a topic on what to talk about. I can’t come up with one and it’s annoying me.” I reply not bothering to lie because she will know it if I lie but I still left the thing about the flowers. That will be hilarious and embarrassing at the same time.

 

“You’re acting like someone who hasn’t dated before. Besides, we can talk normally like any other day, and please relax.” She speaks again amused but I can’t get mad again even if her amusement is me.

 

“I have heard the girl sings the songs of 2ne1 but I haven’t heard you sing. Why?” I ask curiously.

 

She eats a mouthful of her food and looks at me flatly. She carefully chews the food in and swallows it before talking. I am used to it by now since we always have late dinners whenever we stay so late in the office for the new album. She always stays back for me. She's sweet, right?

 

"I can sing the songs but not as good as the girls. It's not my hobby, so, I didn't sing much at all." She shrugs it off then takes another mouthful of her food.

 

Not as good as the girls? I have fallen in love with her singing our songs on the New Year's Eve. I nod my head and didn't push the topic much. "Where do you want to go after this?" I ask to change the topic.

 

"Hmm..." she sips on her drink and smile, "we can't really go anywhere without being photograph together. Where do you want to go?" she asks back.

 

"I really can't think of a private place without the eyes of the paparazzi and other people."

 

She smiles all of a sudden. "Will people recognize you with this get up in the night?" I shrug because I don't even know the answer. "I want to try a normal date but I guess it isn't possible." She sighs and pouts like a kid sulking.

 

"We can do that, baby girl."

 

"Ani," she shakes her head. "I did promise YG-appa that we will not go to crowded places."

 

"Then, we won't get caught. You do know that I will do everything just to make you smile, baby girl." I smile with my favorite boyish smile. It is something she can't resist.

 

She pouts and looks at me pitifully. "You're not playing fair right now," she accuses cutely sulking. I stare at her, acting not knowing what she is talking about. But I surely do know that I'm hitting her weakness.

 

"GD," she whines like a kid and that's so cute.

 

"Come on!" I stand up and hold her hand.

 

She grabs her blazer and her bag with her other hand. I stop in front of the maître d' to pay for what we have eaten. After I pay, I intertwine our fingers, which are so natural already, and say, "We'll get your car later. We'll use mine for now."

 

She chuckles and nods her head.

 

Jihye's P.O.V

 

This GD that I'm seeing right now is so different. He is being carefree and full of smiles these days. Well, it's much better than the sulking GD.

 

I look at the fingers locked together as we walk like any other couple walking in the streets, if we see one that is. The street we are taking is kind of deserted and once in a blue moon there are people walking not noticing or gawking at us. It is kind of fun walking in the street normally but there is no shop that's catching my eye.

 

I let go of his hand and hook my arms around his. Resting my head and this feels like we are more normal but a little bit showy. Well, there is no harm in here since there are less people.

 

"Shall we buy a couple ring?" he asks, pointing on a street stall selling accessories.

 

I stare at him, looking if he is serious in what he is talking about and he is. He gazes back at me with a look of seriousness. I give out a perplex expression.

 

"Sure," I answer courageously with a smile.

 

He smiles, his boyish smile that I love and drags me towards the stall. Well, small and simple things are much valuable than expensive ones. We look at the rings the girl is selling.

 

I glance at GD and he is really examining each of the couple rings on the stall. A smile creeps out of my lips at the expression of GD. He is exuberant in what's happening.

 

I shall give him his fun once in a while. The stress is building up with all the composing and giving life to the songs. I can fathom that since I've been on his side since the first day of it.

 

"Have you picked the one you like?" his head turns back at me.

 

I shake my head in answer. "I'll be happy if you choose the one you like," I utter warmly. He gives me a confuse look. So, I cup his cheeks and kiss him on the lips, just a smack and smile.

 

He looks astonished for what I did but he's been doing that to me lately in the recording room. He's always stealing kisses from me and he quickly runs away when I grumble about it.

 

"Have you found something you like?" I inquire back.

 

He gives me a lopsided smile and a shake of his head. "You're unbelievable." He wounds his arm around my waist and points at the simple ring. It didn't have any design. It's only a thick silver band.

 

I raise an inquisitive brow. "Are you sure that's what you want?" I ask in disbelief.

 

He nods his head and his eyes assure me that he isn't pulling my leg. "I want a simple band since everything about us is grand."

 

I giggle and agree with him. "Then we'll take that one," I say to the girl and she looks at me. Did she recognize us or maybe, it is GD? I snap my finger in front of her because she's staring at us blankly.

 

"Oh!" she mutters in surprised. "I'm sorry," she bows and bows again, "I'm quite amazed that I get a chance to see..."

 

"Uhmm...sorry for being rude but please, don't tell anyone..."

 

I elbow him on the side to make him shut up and smile at the girl. "I'm sorry about him. But please, keep this as a secret." It's not yet official, I mouthed to her.

 

"Ah," she mumbles in shock, "then you'll take this pair?"

 

"Yes, we'll take those."

 

We are holding hands again while walking in a much more crowded place but as we try to blend in, nobody notices us. The people are all busy to what they are doing and minding their own business.

 

GD pulls me to the side and gives me a kiss, not a smack this time. I pulled up my hood to hide both of our faces to the people, who are still oblivious to us.

----------------------------------------------------

 

I sit on the doorstep in front of our house when our date is finished. We, both, separated ways because he is going to sleep early tonight since they will be busy again this week.

 

I sigh and raise my head to gaze at the shining ring on the moonlight shine. "Falling deep," I mutter in dismay.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading!

I hope you love or like it!

Please, leave a comment.

~authornim