Holidays (Part 2)

Lost in Love

"Where are we going?" I asked, curious to where he'll bring me.

Looking at me, "Won't tell." As he evilly grinned. 

Pouting, I stopped asking. No matter what I do, surely he won't tell.

"Oppa." 

His eyes on the road, he responded, "Yeah?"

"I missed you." I said.

Glancing at me, "I missed you too. Very much." As he took hold of my hand and caressed it.

"Well, a month is too long. What were you doing, anyway?" I questioned in a low key.

"Nothing." He said plainly.

I trust him. He wouldn't be doing something that'll hurt me for sure. "Hmmmkay. I love you." I responded whilst looking outside the window.

I suddenly felt his hand letting go of mine as he suddenly pulled over.

In the middle of nowhere and in the road, I stared at him in wonder.

"What is it?"

He didn't answer me. Instead, he just gave me his lovely smile and shook his head.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

Wetting his lips, he took a deep breath and got out of the car.

"Oppa! What are you doing? Where are you going? It's not funny anymore. Come back here." I tiraded, continously. But promptly heave a sigh of relief when I found him just right outside of my car door.

As I opened it, he only stood there for a minute and bended his knees before me.

"Hey. What are you doing?"

"Soojung-ah, I'm sorry." Deadpanned, he said.

"Sorry? What are you sorry for? Yah! Kang Minhyuk! What have you done this time?" I panicky retorted.

His chortle was all over the place, it is the only thing I could hear in the open space. But what's funny? He's making me nervous.

"I'm serious, Oppa." I anxiously said.

He begin again, saying, "Alright, I'm sorry.

Here he goes with his sorry again, I eyed him and it seems he got what I meant as he humorlessly started, " I know I haven't been around in weeks. Though, we're not new to this. I'm certain we can even go for a year of not seeing each other. That's how crazy our schedule is. But maybe you're wondering why now that I got lots of time, I didn't show myself up." I nodded my head yes, and he continued, "Because for the past months now, something's bothering me. I don't know what happened, when is the right time or even where or how to say this. But I've been meaning to ask you this..." As he gets something from his pocket.

"Damn!" I heard him muttered under his breath.

"What?"

"Wait a sec." He said as he stood up, leaned forward the dashboard and opened the glovie, frantically searching for something. When he didn't saw what he wanted, he went out and started to fumble his pockets.

"What are you looking for? I might help you."

He was in the middle of his thoughts before answering me with, "Right. Yeah, sure you can. Ah, let me borrow your phone. Can I?"

"Okay." I said as I confusedly handed over my phone to him.

He gave it back not long enough. I don't know how that helped. Right now, he's down on his feet again, but this time, he knelt like he's proposing. It took me a minute before it all sink in. He was trying to - he is proposing! Piecing it all together, it surely is what he is doing.

"I know you don't want to hear this but I'm sorry. I'm sorry for ruining the moment. But as I was saying, I've been meaning to ask you something. And that month of not seeing you made me realize all this. That I can't live or go on more of not seeing you, not being with you. I just love you, Soojung. So, will you be willing to see me first for every waking moment of your life and the last each night to close your eyes? Will you...my love, Soojungie, make me the happiest man living and spend the rest of your life with me?" While laying out my iRing infront of me.

So this is what he meant when he said the night's not over yet. I don't know how to react. I'm happy but at the same time I'm scared. But if there is one thing I am certain about, it is that I love him.