Lost in Love - Bad News

Lost in Love

After his birthday, we rarely see each other. But we're constantly in communication. Whether in the middle of the night or the start of the morning we make sure to call each other. Just like today, I just finished talking to him on the phone and he told me he'd visit me anytime this day.

I was too excited knowing I'll get to see him today. Since it has been weeks that we last saw each other, I need to look good. And so I started searching an outfit on my wardrobe. While I'm busy choosing clothes to wear, I've heard my phone ringing. I am frantically searching for it, expecting that he's calling me again but as soon as I got hold of it and saw the caller ID, I was devastated and I begin to have a hunch that something bad would happen if I'd answer the call.

Pushing aside my theory, I clicked the answer button, saying, "Yoboseyo?" with calmness.

"Krystal. Where are you?" The man on the other line said.

"Home. Wae? Do I have some schedule today?" I asked trying to remember if I just forgot having an agenda today.

"Good. Stay there. I'll be picking you up." My manager said and ended the call right away not even giving me the chance to question.

I don't think the plan that we could meet with each other won't be possible anymore because of this sudden activity I might have.

Frustrated, I texted him informing I'll be doing something and I'll update him on my whereabouts just in case he'll still drop by and see me even for a little while.

Afterall the nervousness in picking clothes to wear, I ended up changing into my jeans, shirt and put on my sneakers.

Right when I just finished preparing myself I heard our doorbell ringing. I grabbed my purse, handphone and went down immediately.

As I opened the door, I saw my manager with a worried look written all over his face.

Before he could even talk, "Are you okay, Oppa? What's wrong?" I asked though I am feeling a little bit nervous.

"I'll tell you everything, later. For now, let's go to your dorm. We'll talk together with your members." He said and started to walk back to the car.

I just followed him. I didn't ask anymore. I guess my feelings awhile back was just right. This is bad news.

Since our family house is just blocks away from our company and dorm, we got there in just a short period of time.

I went directly inside, leaving our manager behind me. As I set foot on our dorm, I saw my unnie's sitting on the couch with a confused looked on their faces, "What's up?" Amber asked soon as she saw me.

I just shrugged and gave them an 'I don't know' look. I made my way over to where they are and fitted myself in between Luna Unnie and Amber.

Seeing the only two of them, "Where's Vic Unnie?" I asked.

"She's at her room, resting. She's kinda sick. But nothing serious and I'm taking good care of her." Luna Unnie answered while giving a reassuring smile.

I worriedly stared at her and gave an 'I-want-details' way.

"She's stressed and exhausted." She then gloomily said.

Aish! Our leader is overworking herself, as always. Good thing we have someone like Luna Unnie, our vitamin who strengthens us. I almost forgot Amber, our savior who would do anything to protect us. And Sulli, uri Sulli who may not be here but I know would be as concerned as me. I shouldn't be worrying now.

I shook my head, "Hmm. I'll just go check on her then." while giving her a small smile.

I am about to stand up but was stopped on my tracks when our manager arrived together with our sick leader who walks her way towards us.

"Unnie." I called out.

Smiling, "I am okay, Soojung." she said assuringly as she sat beside me and leaned comfortably her head on my shoulders.

"Okay, everyone. We're complete." Our manager then said.

"Not really. Our Ssul isn't around. But what is this all about?" Amber said.

A nervous laugh escaped from our manager Oppa soon as he heard Jinri's name.

Hesitating for a moment, "The president called in for a meeting. He wants to talk to you all." he heavily said.

We were appalled in our seats, I think we already have an idea of what this talk would be about, we just looked at each other for support. We are still hoping.

After that little meeting we had, I immediately checked my phone expecting for some good news but still what I received is another misfortune for he texted me saying,

From: KMH<3

"Krystal, I'm sorry but something came up. I am not sure I am able to meet with you today."

And so I just replied okay. In the end, we haven't gotten the chance to see each other.


 

"Good Morning everyone. I won't be keeping all of you for long. I'll get straight to the point. After months of talk and negotiation with Sulli, we finally came to an agreement. She decided she will be leaving the team and as it is her own choice, we respected it. Starting now, you will continue as a four member group." The president informed.

Hearing that, I automatically turned my head to look for my members reaction.

I first saw our leader who's beside me, she didn't talk and only has her head down.

Luna Unnie with her rounded eyes that is in despair, "That can't be true. You must be kidding us." said while bitterly laughing.

Amber then later added, "Come on, Choi Jinri. Come out there now." as she stood up and looks at every nook and cranny around the big room.

And I, I was just sitting there with no reaction. I honestly don't know what to feel. I am at great shocked, even though it comes as no surprise that Jinri would definitely choose her freedom.

The president just shook his head with a sorry look.

We knew it. After our manager announced that we are going to have an appointment with the President. We knew where this meeting will go and I hate it that we're right. We are obviously in denial now.

"Also, you will have your next comeback on the fall. Be ready." He added.

Our leader, Victoria Unnie who was silent all the while calmly said, "Is that all, Mr. President? Could we go now?"

He nodded his head as an answer.

We were about to leave when he suddenly spoke up, "Don't ruin this comeback. I hope you learned your lesson. I expect you not to be caught in another scandal again, not this time around. I'm watching you." in a menacing voice.

Does this mean I have to avoid him? I don't think I can do that. I need you now more than ever, Kang Minhyuk.


 

After our meeting with the President, the four of us spent the whole afternoon in our dorm normally like nothing happened and I decided I'll be staying with them for the meantime.

We talked but no one of us dared to start open up that topic. We are still sensitive about it. Give us some days and I'm sure we'll come around. But not today, not yet that it is still fresh.

Nevertheless, it's good the people aren't aware of the situation. I don't know how long before the news will come out but I hope it lasts for more months or weeks - at the least. So that even for a while, I could make myself believe that we are still complete.

And within those time, I & together with my co-members will try settling everything first with Jinri. I know that is what all of us would want. By then, maybe I - we will be ready to let go and accept her decision without having ill-feeling towards her.

I haven't informed Minhyuk Oppa about my situation. I think it would be best if I'll fix this first. Besides, he's busy and out of it. I don't want to bother him. This one's my fight along with my f(x) family.


 

The next morning, I woke up with the scent of a food. Soon as I was out our room I saw the back of Vic Unnie cooking our breakfast.

I missed this. It has been long since I've tasted her cuisine and hanging out with my members.

"Morning Unnie! Hmm. That smells nice, as always." I said and I started looking around, and added, "Where are they, anyway?" asking as I took a seat on our kitchen counter table.

"Here. Eat first." She said as she placed plenty of food on my plate. I started eating after saying my thanks.

Seconds later, she sat infront of me and began to eat too. We chatted in between our brunch. There she told me that the two of our members went out. Amber just left minutes before I woke up, she's meeting up with her friends and as for Luna Unnie, Vic Unnie haven't been able to catch up with her.

But we bet she is at our company practicing again. It has always been her defense mechanism everytime she's having a hard time, working herself up to forget and to better her skills. Still, a smart move. That's hitting birds with one stone.

"Thanks for the food again, Unnie." I said as I make my way out of our dorm.

Considering our comeback is nearing, instead of resting I opted to go on our company to practice and maybe join Luna Unnie.

Our leader wanted to come and rehearse with us too but she has a schedule she needs to be attending that's why she promised she'll follow first thing after.