Lost in Love - Forever

Lost in Love

What have I done? That was all running in my head after talking to the two who left hour ago. I'm in deep contemplation of my past actions and choices. I should've just confronted him that night but I didn't because I am scared. Scared of his answers that may break me. Then again, I'm broken because of him. I should've just risk listening to him rather than getting myself into paranoia not knowing the truth. I am completely in total regret.

I was sitted on my bed thinking when I heard a knock on my door and seconds later were opened by my sister.

"Can I come in?" She asked.

I gave her a smile and said, "Of course, Unnie."

She started by asking, "How are you holding up?" As she sat beside me. She's been out and about the country, the reason why I haven't told her my situation. But we already talked last time and like what I told Luna Unnie, I told her everything.

She is in shock, she couldn't believe it. And since then, she frequently checks on me, asking me how I'm doing just like today.

"Uhm, fine." I answered.

But who am I kidding? If there's anyone that knows me well, it is my sister. Why am I lying anyway?

As I expected, she raised her brows to me. I have no choice but to tell her, "Well, no. My friends drop by earlier."

"Cool. Then?" She said, still waiting for what I might add.

Looking at her, "I now know who the girl is. I confirmed it with them awhile ago." I said while playing with my hands.

"Oh."  She answered.

"But that's not it. I'm... unsure. I am already in doubt that he cheated on me." I said feeling regretful.

"Then," thinking things through, she paused. "Tell him all about it. It's high time for you to be honest and talk it through with him. You're only making things harder for the both of you." She said full of encouragement and conviction.

"You're right." I said while coming to a decision.


 

It's almost midnight. I've been waiting the whole afternoon for him. I sent him a message, saying that we should talk. I'm really not sure if he's coming because I haven't gotten a reply from him. I obliged myself to wait, no matter what, even though I am not certain if he will show up or not. It is the least I could do for now, I think. I didn't bother sending him another text because I don't want to sound clingy. I just hope he'll come around.

Yawning, I covered my mouth and slightly slapped my cheeks to take away my drowsiness. I took a quick glance on my clock, it's already 12:06. I was about to switch off my bedroom lights when I felt my phone vibrated on my pocket. I promptly fished it out and catch a glimpse of his initials, obviously, I haven't even changed his name. It was a message coming from him. I started to feel my heart beating fast. I closed my eyes for a second and breathe hard before opening its content. After doing so, I immediately read it.

From: KMH♡

"Are you still awake?"

Saying yes, I typed back. Seconds later, I received another one that says, "Okay. See you in a few."

He's coming, he's coming. I thought he'll stood me up. I hastily went over to my bathroom and do a quick retouch. I was taken aback when I got back at my bedroom and saw his piercing gaze right through me. I turned my eyes away from him, I only fixed gaze on his back since I couldn't take his intense stares. Did he already find out? I was thinking hard of what I did this time. What could I possibly do that make him anger like that? Oh, shoot! Why do I always forgot locking doors when he's around?

So I could divert his attention, I quickly changed topic, "I... we need to talk." As I took a jacket and rapidly made my way out of our house.

Not long I heard his footsteps following me. I sat on the chair on the far end. Soon after, I saw his back, he's leaning in on the rails of our veranda.

He started by coughing up and saying, "I, ah, I'm sorry for being late. I ran some errands. So, what is it you wanna talk about?"

"No, it's okay. I'm sorry for bothering you but I just couldn't help it anymore. I'm dying to know the truth." I said straightaway.

He stood straight while placing both of his hands on the rails. "Truth about what? You know I can't lie. I'll tell you everything you wanna know, if you just ask."

"By any chance, are you...seeing someone else these days?" I said whilst playing with my fingers. I don't know his reactions is because I couldn't see his face,

"Yes, I am." but he answered with sincerity and calmness.

I felt like I was stabbed in my chest after hearing him. I'm not yet done, I still have a lot of questions that I want answers. Even if it hurts, I still managed myself to stay and inquired, "Who?" in a deadpanned manner.

"You really wanna know?" He asked in a serious tone.

"I'm not joking. You can tell me. I won't be mad." Yeah, lie some more, Soojung

"If you insist. Well, she's known as Krystal. But prefers to be called as Soojung. Do you even need to ask that? Of course, it's you. No other than you." He irritatedly said while now looking at me.

My anger soon faded and was changed to my face turning bright red. My blood gushing up my cheeks. Now, tell me. Does anyone could honestly not fall for this guy's trap?

Turning my head away from him, "But..but you're with another girl. That day I broke up with you, I saw you with someone. You two were so close. Too cozy." 

Stunned, he bit his lip. "You were there? Is that it? Just because I was with a girl you thought I was cheating on you? Or maybe you really just want out? Dammit!" He frustratedly said as he ruffles his hair.

My eyes grew wide. I saw him mad for a couple of times but this one's different. It is like I made a crime for what I did and I am freaking guilty.

"I know I told you that I'll make you mine again but I can't seem to make the right things for that to happen. I don't know what to do anymore, Krystal. I'm at lost. I reckon you really don't want me back in your life." He hoarsely uttered, his voice close to breaking down.

Turning his back away from me, he added. "From now on, you're free. I'm letting you go. I hope you...be happy." And started to walk out from me.

My throat began burning up, my eyes became blurry because of the tears flowing while my hand covered over my mouth. I can't breath.

Did I just lost him, for...forever?