Lost in Love - Why?

Lost in Love

You made the right decision, Soojung. You did. You'll have your comeback soon, you can concentrate well without thinking of anything. Free of worries since you are no longer in a relationship. It would be better for you, for everybody. But...this hurts. So much I don't feel anything. Is this still right?

Three days passed. Until now, we haven't talked in person. I can't face him. I'm not yet ready. After I sent the message saying I want out of our relationship, he bombarded me with questions. He has been going in and out our house or wherever I am he's there but I never confronted him. My parents are already asking me what's happening, I just told them we're over. I didn't tell anyone about what I saw in his condo that day, no one knows even him.

Right now, it's almost night. I'm at our company. Practising. Since I broke up with him, I've been working twice as hard with our upcoming comeback. It helps as it become my outlet and diversion with every tough luck that has been happening in my life.

"Oh. Soojung-ah." Luna unnie said as she entered the practice room.

I stopped rehearsing and walked over to greet her, "Unnie. What are you doing here?" I said as I gave her a faint smile.

"You okay?" I just nodded my head, went at the corner and continued what I was doing, leaving her.

"Are you sure? Come on. Spill it out. What's the matter? Our managers told me you've been here for straight days now, going to extreme practices. That's why I'm here, to check on you. You are getting me worried, Soojung. We still got a lot of time. Slow it down. You, overworking yourself is not a good idea." She pointed out.

I turned to her, biting my lip. I feel like my eyes are starting to heat up and there it flowed. She ran over to my place hugging me and right then and there I burst out. I thought I'm done crying that day I saw him with another girl. http://imgur.com/GkhZ229

 

Luna Unnie stood silent while patting my back. I told her everything. She just listened. She didn't asked anymore questions. And I liked that about her. She advised that I should rest and go home. She offered to send me but I declined. I've been troubling her enough. And so, I left and drove home.

I stayed in my bedroom the whole night watching the moon shining brightly through my windows.

I was left all alone, my parents are at work and so is my sister. They'll be coming home late.

Not having to do anything, I laid down on my bed and minutes later I fell asleep. I just woke up feeling hungry. I forgot I didn't have lunch and I only had coffee for breakfast.

I went out of my room going straight to our kitchen. I searched our fridge and found lots to eat inside. My mom probably made it for us. It has been her habit to prepare and store foods in case they'll be home late or either when our comeback is nearing.

After eating contentedly, I washed the dishes and sat on our couch to watch. As I was silently flipping channels, I feel like someone's watching me from behind. I slowly turned my head back. And I was right. I saw him standing with a dark expression on his face.

Aish! When will I ever learn to lock my doors? I'm sure he climbed the trees and used the door on my terrace. That has become his entrance whenever he comes in the middle of the night. Those days when he couldn't bear not seeing me even just for a day. Those days when he was so inlove with me and he was mine. It's all in the past now. He got somebody else to do that from now on.

While avoiding his stares, "What are you doing here? How did you get inside?" I asked the obvious even though I already know the answer.

"We need to talk." He sternly said.

Sooner or later we'll have to come to this. I've been weak and coward, hiding from him. I'll officially end this tonight. I stared at him. "I know." I calmly said.

"Is that real? You broke up with me." He said matter-of-factly. I don't know if it's pain that is in his eyes but why would he be hurt if he's seeing someone else? I stood up, faced him and answered.

"Yes, it is. We're over." I answered. Good thing I finished it off without breaking my voice.

In utter disbelief he looked at me, "Why?"He said with his voice finally broken.

Why? Why do you need to know? Why are you even here? Isn't this in favor for you? You'll be free from me. You can be with the one you truly love. What are you trying to do? Have I stepped on your pride because I was the first to call it off instead of you?

I didn't answer him. We fell silent for a moment when he suddenly break the ice by saying, "Alright. I guess, that's it. I won't be asking you questions nor bother you anymore. I'll respect your decision. Just promise me that you are and you will be happy."

I don't know why but I was disappointed. Just like that. Just like that and he's letting me go. This is what I get for hoping there's still a chance and he'd fight for me. He really do have somebody.

Trying hard not to break in tears, I put on my best smile and nodded my head.

Letting out a heavy sigh, he bit his lips and slightly nodded his head as he finally took his steps towards the door, walking right pass through me.