Lost in Love - 1024

Lost in Love
With stress and tiredness, I easily got home. I parked my car and went out. That's when I saw his car on the streets, I'm not sure if it was his because it is already dark and it immediately started to drove off when I took a better look at it. I shrugged it off, thinking it was because of my drowsiness that I'm seeing things.

I know he doesn't care anymore but I still sent him a message saying that I was home. After that, I straightly hit the sack.

The next morning, it was a usual day. We have a practice but it'll be later this afternoon until dawn.

I was planning on going to him again. Since they spent the whole night rehearsing I'm pretty sure they have this day off. I'm just not sure whether he is at their group's dorm, his parent's house or on his own. I end up going first in his house, perhaps, I could find him there. I just really hope I'll reach him.

He wouldn't be too harsh to let me out, right? I said to myself as I took light steps in going near his condo. I shook my head as I remember the main reason I broke up with him, it is in this place that holds the memory.

I rang the doorbell once, twice and thrice being the maximum. Maybe he's not here. Should I just wait here then? I was having second thoughts if I'll wait for him here out or I'll get inside and prepare him a meal, since I do know his code. But remembering that with everything that has happened to us, it wouldn't be a wonder if he changed it already.

Still, I tried my luck. I cautiously entered - 1024. I anxiously held the knob and felt like a weight was lifted off of me when it opened.

My very first step, I could already smell his manly scent. I terribly miss that. I carefully closed the door.

I looked around, nothing's new. No doubt that this surely really is his place. It's too orderly and tidy. After some time of checking out on his space, I straightly went to the kitchen to make food for him.

Okay, what does he have here? I told myself as I scan his fridge. I took out a meat. He likes it too much. This one's good. Once I've got every ingredients prepared, there I started to cook.

In no time, since I've only did deep-fry, I finished it that fast. I'm only waiting for the rice to be cooked. For the mean time, I set up the table and put everything in there. Tada! Done.

I was patiently waiting when suddenly I've felt my need to use the bathroom. I quickly ran my way through the comfort room, but then I was stopped when I bumped into a broad and strong build.

Oh no! Biting my lower lip, I promptly scanned down and saw bare feet. Slowly, I raised my head up and saw him with only a towel on. So, this is where I collided into. And I may say, it is of the best place. As our eyes met, he had a dazed expression on his face and his hands over his head, drying up bits of water on his hair. I could clearly see his Adam's apple bobbing in his throat.

What now? We were in that position for a while when I remembered that I'm suppose to go to the restroom. I quickly went inside, locked it and left him there.

Tapping my face, I relaxed myself. I breathed in and out. He's pushing himself to the limit. Has he been working out? Aish! That was nothing. You saw nothing. But still I couldn't say that he hasn't got a good physique because he apparently does. I closed my eyes for a minute while shaking my head. I fastly did my business to push aside whatever it is running on my mind.

I consciously got out of the bathroom, feeling the atmosphere.

Where is he? Did he left? I questioned to myself as I come out.

My questions were answered when I saw him in the couch, watching TV.

I quietly showed myself and said, "I, uh, I'm sorry about earlier and for intruding."

Still, his eyes on the television, "You know, I've been busy, right? I didn't have much time to change the door's code." He said nonchalantly.

Of course, that hurt. Of course, he was planning on changing it. What are you expecting, Soojung?

Faking cough, I tried to compose my breaking voice. "I cooked you your lunch." I lively said.

Without saying a word, he stood up and went to the dining table. I followed, got the rice and I walked a little more closer to where he was, and placed it in front of him.

Before he started eating, "Aren't you gonna join me?" As he took a quick glance at me.

"Ah, yes." Is the only words I could say.

We only ate for the whole duration. You could merely count the words we uttered within all my fingers. I didn't bothered talking to him even though I'm dying too. I'm not gonna ruin his mood by saying the wrong things. Today is much more better than last night for me because he isn't being grouchy. This is fine.

"Thanks." He said as he finished eating.

"You're welcome." I said.

After that, we were back at being quiet.

Breaking the awkward silence, I asked. "Are you going somewhere?"

Before looking at me, he first checked his phone. "No. I'll stay at home." And answered.

He added, "And you?"

"Well, yes. I'll be going a little bit later." I responded.

Good thing, he's not going out. Our rehearsal starts at 3. I've got two more hours with him.

It was again dead silent, I stood up and collected the dishes. He still was on his seat looking at nowhere.

I occupied myself by washing the dishes.

Moments later, I felt his muscular arms tightly wrapped around my waist. While his head is leaning on my shoulders. I could already feel his breath, slowly tingling my whole body. My knees got weak, I don't know how I even got to stand that long. He didn't speak.

We stayed like that for quite awhile, before I heard him say, "What happened to us? We are here, so close yet at some point, deep down we know we really are too far from each other."

He turned me around, we're now face to face, I could clearly see his pained expression. He continued, as he caressed my face. "This is killing me, Soojung. I'm sorry but I'm taking back what I said. Call me desperate but I've waited. I've waited long enough for you. I can't let you go. Not now, not ever."

I'm at loss. I'm having a hard time processing what's happening to us. One time, he's mad and a second he is like this. I don't even understand what he is saying. He has waited long? For what? But I'd be a fake if I say that I don't want this.

I guess, I just have to be honest and settle our unsolved issues right here, right now. We are only complicating and making things hard for us if we are to lengthen this problem. For what it's worth, I'm prepared to reconcile with him.
--------------