Lost in Love - Twelve

Lost in Love

Twelve days has passed since he stopped showing up at our front door and following me wherever I go. That makes it almost two weeks that we haven't seen each other and that our relationship officially ended.

It's been hell knowing I'm not with him anymore. I always missed him. There are times when I almost call and send him messages but then before doing so I got back to the reality.

My friends has been a big help for me. They're always there and I'm thankful for that. They've been occupying my mind with activities and night outs.

Just like today, Amber's visiting me. I know why she's here. She'll insist on me going with them. Last night it was Luna Unnie who was bugging me. I think they have this alternating schedule every day. It would come as no surprise if Victoria Unnie will be the one asking me tomorrow.

"We'll be too busy the next months and this is our only time to hang out before that. Pretty pretty please, Princess? Come with us." Amber said in an aegyo manner.

I'm not really into parties but I'm sure it would be fun and since they're exerting so much effort in keeping my mind elsewhere, I had no choice but to go with them.


 

It's almost 12 midnight but still we're here at the Fortress, a club for those in high societies like chaebols, artists, actors and us idols. I'm not new to this place, I visited it a couple of times. My first was when my age turned legal, the unnies took me with them. The other times were merely just for fun.

"Soojung, let's go there." Luna Unnie said inviting me while pointing the middle of the dancefloor.

I refused, "No, I'll stay. You may go. Don't worry about me Unnie. Besides, we need someone sober. We have to go home still." I reasoned.

Amber's already gone in our seats. She's probably talking to random people around. Well, she's everybody's friend so no doubt about that.

"Are you sure?" She asked hesitant to go.

"Go!" I said and later smiled at her.

"Okay. I won't be long. I'll come back. Stay here." She said and left.

I nodded my head. I don't have plans on leaving either. I have no choice, we've used Amber's car going in here. So, I contented myself watching the bunch of people happily and crazily dancing.

I was silently sitting in the corner playing with my phone when I felt a man sat beside me and my heart suddenly wanted to come out of its place. Seems like the heart can't forget. I have only confirmed who it is when I smell a familiar perfume. It is a manly man scent- my favorite of all. I remember choosing that for him. Why is he still wearing it? Won't his girlfriend be mad? My heart ache only thinking of it.

What is he even doing here? He never really go to this kind of place. He'll only come when he needed to, like if his friends are calling for a drink or when, when I'm coming here. He'll always accompany me - no matter how busy his schedule is. He wants to make sure I get home safe.

With that famed eye smile of his, "Hi." He casually said while staring at me.

Just a simple 'Hi' and a smile, he got me again.

I looked back at him with the brightest smile I could ever flashed.

I missed the late night calls, the morning greetings, his presence. I badly missed him. Sadly, he doesn't feel the same way. He have someone else. The reason he talked to me last time was of course for seeking right closure, I get it.

"How are you?" I asked nonchalantly.

Still looking straight into my eyes, he answered. "I'm great! You?"

I wish I could answer the same but I can't. He's extremely happy. I should be too, right?

And so I answered the opposite of what I was feeling, "Same. Who are you with anyway? I mean, what are you doing here?" I abruptly asked.

He watched me with a mocking smile.

Oh God! I'm embarrassing myself. You broke up with him. You two are over. You are not his girlfriend anymore Soojung. Let it in your thick head. Why do you care?

I covered my face with both of my hands and looked away instantly.

Luckily, someone's phone rang. I checked my phone but it wasn't mine so I'm pretty sure it was his. He excused himself and went a little far from me.

Now, you better keep your curiousity all by yourself. I said to myself. I tried hard to occupy myself with anything to do but my unwilling mind is going elsewhere. My eyes darted to him. Whoever he's talking too, I'm grateful she makes him delighted.

I couldn't take it anymore. I've decided I'll go and take a cab. I'll just leave my unnies a message.

I stood up and about to go home when he got back. As he saw me his smile faded.

A sour smile escaped my lips. I'm not the holder of his heart any longer.

Every action I do even just the little ones makes him unpleased.