Holidays

Lost in Love

It's almost Christmas time and we haven't seen each other since my birthday. Phone calls and messages are not enough. I want to see him and when I do, I'll slap him and hit him so hard for making me feel this way. I just badly miss him and I'd like to be with him even just for a day. I don't know what he's doing but it's bothering me. He isn't that busy according to his schedules. Heck, he doesn't even have appointments. What is he up to, not showing himself to me? Knowing him, he's clingy. He couldn't stand weeks not seeing me. But for us not meeting for a month, that surely is odd. I'm not used to it. And speaking of the devil, he texted me saying,

From: KMH♡

"Krystal."

Heol! Krystal? Did he just call me by my stage name? I'm taking back what I said. I don't miss him.

Me:

"What did you say?"

From: KMH♡

"Krystal? Kekeke. Such a cutie! I am just kidding, Soojungie."

Me:

"Aish, Oppa. It's irritating."

I know it shouldn't be a big deal but I'm not accustomed with him calling me Krystal. And I just like the way it sound and feel when he mentions my real name.

KMH♡ Calling........

I answered it not making a fuss and just giving him a dry response.

"Soojungie. My lovely Soojungie. Stop being agitated. I'm sorry, ok?"

"You know I really hate it when you call me that. Why do you keep on doing it?" I don't know why but when he calls me Krystal, I feel like he's mad at me or something.

"Because you are adorable when you're angry." He said.

He's reminding me again of his birthday gift. I've been reading it all every once in awhile. But who am I kidding, I read it almost every day. Somehow, my rage vanished in an instant.

"I won't be long. Listen to me. Meet me later, alright? I'll send you the details right after this phonecall." He said as he hastily break the line.


When I was about to call him, someone rang me first. It was Jongin. Hmm. That's weird. He doesn't usually call. What's up? What does he need?

I answered it just in case it is an emergency.

"Hello?"

In an irritated tone, "Soojung-ah! When do you plan on going out of your house? We'll be late. Come and get your out here." He hastily said, and hanged up.

Woah! He sure has great manners. I sarcastically thought to myself.

I first peeked through the windows before getting out. I just wanna make sure he's not on some kind of prank or anything.

Well, it is strange. Why would he be here? Did Minhyuk Oppa asked him to fetch and send me wherever it is we are meeting tonight? But he wouldn't do that. There's only one way to find out, I should ask Jongin myself. And so, I went out and made my way straight at the back seat of his car.

"Hey, I'm not your driver. Sit here." He said as he points at the front seat.

I shook my head, "Alright." I surrendered. For a guy, he certainly is a demanding one.

I followed him. I got out and I tried to open the door but it didn't budge. Really? He's such a kid. Knocking on the glass window, I nibbed the car lock.

"Thank you!" I sardonically uttered as soon as I entered.

Laughing, "You're very welcome." He said.

Hitting his arm, "Yah! You've been galling me many times this night, now."

"Mian. It is just so fun." He said as he started the engine.

Furrowing my brows, I started firing him questions one after another, "Wait up! Why are you even here? What are you doing? Where are we going? I have plans for tonight." I am running late and I don't know where this man is taking me.

Out of the questions I threw at him, he answered the one that shouldn't likely have a response, saying, "Cancel it."

"No! I can't. I have to be there." I anxiously said while looking back & forth the road and my wristwatch.

"Relax! We'll just hang out. For old times' sake." He said, assuassively. I couldn't name what it is I felt realizing he's not here to bring me to my boyfriend, perhaps, disappointment? Why did I even think of it? They were right saying that you shouldn't raise your expectations high. Because if it didn't go the way you wanted, you'll likely feel superior disappointment.

Biting my lip, "Can't it be in another day? Tomorrow, maybe? I could even settle it for you. I really need to go. This one's important for me." I asked, negotiating.

Glancing at me, "I only got tonight. I don't even know when we'll have a spare time like this." He explained.

Breathing heavily, "Okay. But I'll only stay for an hour. After that, can you drop me off somewhere near the Han River?" I submitted. It's been forever since we last got together.

"Yeah! Sure, of course. One hour it is." He said, smiling.

Even though I am raging mad with my hell of a boyfriend, I still sent him a message saying I'll be late. I just hope he can wait like how I waited for him.

It wasn't that long when he parked the car. It's a nearby park, only few people were around.

"So, what are we gonna do? What's with the sudden barging in our house?" I inquired.

Looking at me, he gave a warm smile, "Nothing. Only a simple get together. It has been too long since the last time. Also, take this as one of my payback." He said.

"Payback, for what?" I wondered.

"For being a year late." He laughed, "And for not being there for you when youneeded me most." He said as he immediately avoided his gaze towards me and fixed his eyes in front of the parking area.

Well, Jongin is one of my trusted bestfriend. Ever since we were children, we frequently spend time together not until recently. EXO became big. They diligently work and fly from country to countries. They were busy, and we, f (x) as well that made it impossible for meet-ups same as this.

I looked at the window, "What do you mean?" Curiously, I asked.

"Don't play dumb now, Soojung. Last year, it was a pretty messed up period for you and me. We have significant people in our lives, who we've spent almost all of our time with...leaving us." He flat out said to me.

I let out a mild giggle, "I'm fine. It's okay, now. I totally forgot it. I reassure you too that I've already moved on regarding those issues." I nonchalantly said.

He fell silent as he nods his head. "Is that so?"

"Yes. But...how about you? I suppose you are all well by now?" I asked.

"Of course. I'm just glad you are fully recovered. Though, I am surprised how you did that fast." He astoundedly said.

Now that Ihe mentioned it, most of the work and effort came from Minhyuk Oppa's presence and of course, I'm giving recognition to the people who has been there for me throughout. For helping me to keep my head off of it and to positively go on with my life.

He continued, "Truthfully, the moment I heard the news, I.. I wanted to come and comfort you having experienced it firsthand. But then, the company's security has been tight it was harder for us to go out and also, I thought I really wouldn't be of help since I, myself was still trying to move forward. The point is, I'm here now. I want to make it up to you and I simply missed hanging out with you." And promptly went out.

I laughed a little and shook my head. For a moment, I was left there dumbfounded.

"Come on out." He said soon as he opened the car door for me.

I didn't answer. Instead, I got out after removing my seatbelt. Where are we? Hmm. The place looks nice. I thought to myself.

Like reading my mind, "This is one of my favorite place. I frequently go here when I'm stressed and all. Not just recently, though." He tattled.

We roamed the park, went to the playground and attempt doing the monkey bars, seesaw, slide and etc.

"Come on! Let's race over the bench. Loser needs to grant a request."

Without answering him, I instantly ran my way to where he mentioned, leaving him behind.

"Yah! Jung Soojung." I could hear him shouting out my name and later sprinted, trying to overtake.

Claiming victory, I jumped up and down out of excitement after arriving at the end point. He did catch up with me but luckily, I got first. If I didn't cheat, he clearly would win.

"Now, grant me my wish." I chanted.

Shooking his head, "Old habits never die, I see. You're still the same Soojung I know. Doing everything just to win." He let out a chuckle before adding, "Alright. What is it you want?"

I don't intend to make it hard for him because I only won through tricking him. Besides, I really don't have anything in mind. So I say, "Treat me a meal."

"Is that all? Sure." He cockily agreed.

"Ohhh. Someone's being arrogant. I'll be picking out the most expensive restaurant. Better be ready." I jokingly warned.

"I am ready. We can even go now if you'd like."

Holding out my hand, "It's a done deal then."

"Deal." As he takes my hand to shake it. 


"Shoot! Can we move the dinner some other time? I need to be somewhere like right now." I said, panicking.

Biting his lip, he looked at me and said, smiling, "It's alright with me. That'd mean I'll surely spend another time with you."

I enjoyed hanging around with him that I almost forgot that I had to meet up with Minhyuk Oppa. But I'm very fortunate that the location where we will be seeing is not too far from where Jongin brought me.

"You can drop me off of here. Thanks, Kai! Bye!" I hurriedly said before I got out of his car.

Luckily, I'm wearing sneakers that made it easier for me to dash towards our meeting place. Although, I'm already an hour and a half late and he may have left, I still sprinted my way to the restaurant.

I straightly went to the front desk, I told him the details Minhyuk Oppa messaged me earlier. He then, guided me to where he was. I felt guilty as soon as I saw him sleeping, he was leaning against the table.

I went beside him and watched him soundly asleep. I carefully removed the strands of hair covering his lovely face. He looks tired. He's growing stubbles, too. I could clearly see the dark circles under his eyes. Did I let him wait for that long? But how come he is this drained when he's not doing anything? He doesn't even show himself to me. What have you been doing, you little fellow?

Slowly opening his eyes, he stood up in a dazed as soon as he saw me. "Oh. You're here! I'm sorry. Have you been waiting for me to get up? You should've woken me up the moment you've arrived."

Pulling out the other chair for me, "Take a seat here. Have you eaten? Wait a second. I'll call for assistance." He said as he starts to walk away to bring someone to serve us.

"I'm fine, I'm fine." I told him as I pointed his seat.

Silently, he sat while still listening to what I'm saying, "I just finished my meal before you even told me to come here. How about you? Haven't you eaten anything yet?" I inquired.

He gave me his boyish smile before saying, "I was waiting and hoping we'd share a meal tonight." He added, "But it's okay if you don't feel like eating."

Why are you starving yourself? You're getting thinner. "Actually, there's still some room left for a midnight snack." I said.

In an instant, he stood up, saying, "Let's go!" As he waits for me.

Puzzled, I looked at him and at the romantic ambience laid out in front of me. I lately notice everything he prepared. It's beautiful and romantic. It just that I ruined it. "What? Where are we going?" I asked, surprised.

"Classy restaurant doesn't go well with midnight snacks. Come with me." He said as he put out his hands for me.

"But...but...." he prepared so much for me. This would be a waste if we'd leave it like this. Before I could even get myself to complain, "No buts." He said as he drag me out of the restaurant.

He let me inside the car first and I waited for him to come too but it wasn't for a few more minutes before he did. "I'm sorry, I talked to my manager to settle everything in there." He explained.

"We can stay. I'll watch you eat." I suggested.

"It's alright. I'm fine. Whatever you ask shall be followed and whatever you want, I want too." He said.

"It's a total waste. I'm sorry." I bowed my head down while playing with my fingers.

Taking hold of my hands, "No, it's not. Don't worry. I've asked my manager to give it to the homeless." Right, he's practical and considerate. Why did I forget that?

"But I've already ruined our night." I guiltily say.

"Says who? That was just the beginning. Our night's not yet over. "