Lost in Love - You Still Love Me

Lost in Love

In a hurry, I left him without saying goodbye. I impatiently wait for a cab around the area but to no luck, there is none passing by.

There's two things I could only do, it's either I'll go back inside, wait for my unnies and have myself experience physical, mental and emotional pain with his presence or I'll walk and get home after a day. Obviously, I'd rather choose the latter.

Argh! I scratched my head in frustration. I started walking, I was a little bit away from where the Fortress is when a pair of strong arms stopped me on my tracks.

"Where are you going?" He asked in a serious tone.

Raising my brows, "Home." I simply answered.

"And you'll walk?" He asked in disbelief.

I nodded my head and said, "Yes. Why?"

"Why? You're seriously asking me why? Are you even on the right state of mind? It's dawn, for pete's sake. You are a public figure. Your house is far from here. There's a lot of ill people lurking around and you're telling me you'll walk. Great! Just, great. You are coming with me, Jung Soojung." He unrelentingly said while dragging me with him.

What's wrong with him? We're over. I can handle myself. I could walk all the way until our house as long as I don't get to be closer to him. Can't he see that? I'm trying to get my distance. How could I forget if he's like this. Oh, right. I was the one who broke up with him, what does he know? But he's seeing someone else, what am I? An option, his second choice whenever his girl's not around? Hell no!

I shook my head while biting my lips. I attempted to let go of his grasp by pulling away but he's too strong.

Not too long we're infront of his car. He opened the passenger seat and put me inside. Before leaving out, he firstly placed my seatbelt. He's too close, I turned my head onto the side. Our situation suits the phrase, 'so close yet so far'. This is the main reason I left awhile ago but look where we are right now.

I heavily sighed. I couldn't really get used to a close encounter with him, even before. I think my heart will burst out and explode every time he is near me.

He slowly got out and done something at the side of the car door before carefully closing it.

We were silent the whole drive. No one of us talked. Once in a while I am stealing glances from him. Good thing, his eyes were all on the road.

I almost memorized his features. It's perfect, I can't say anything defective about him because honestly there is none. He's got a good skin - like the babies, a thick eyebrows with long curvy lashes and those warm brown eyes. His nose rightly fitted in his face. And a soft, kissable lips.

I shook my head and looked away. This is not right and healthy for me. I occupied myself looking outside the windows. It's too dark. Only the streetlights gives off brightness in our way. A few working vehicles could be seen in the road and that's that.

I'm honestly dead tired and sleepy as well but I fought it back. In any degree, I don't want to have another physical contact with him. Even though it's just a simple nudge. And knowing him, he'll surely don't want to wake me up. He will carry me all the way through my room and I'll be owing him something again.

In the end I just started to construct the words I'll say and things I should do in my mind until we arrive at our house. I've decided that I will simply thank him and then leave. And that's it.

I did exactly what I thought to myself, I said my thanks. Just when I thought things were going smoothly, the door can't be opened. I tried the second time around, still it didn't. I checked the locked keys, well, it is open and I went in for a third but to no avail, it won't seem to open. That's when I remembered what he was doing in my door before at the parking lot. I can't believe it. He used the child lock on me.

I gave up trying and weakly turned my head towards infront. There, he began explaining. "For safety purposes. You were fighting back earlier. What do I know if you'll escape from me." He was saying something else but I didn't get to hear it because he's saying it more to himself.

I didn't answer anymore. I pursed my lips, before saying, "Could you...please, just unclose the door?"

"Yeah, yeah. Sure, of course." He answered while holding the knob but still didn't move in his seat.

We kept silent for a while before he spoke up once more, "What were you doing in my condo that day you broke up with me?" he hastily asked.

I am supposed to mend things between us. What else should there be? But it seems like I was late....too late.

Deadpanned, I looked at him and saw him with questioning eyes.

I casually said, "I left a letter. Didn't you saw it? It's a break-up letter I wrote for you. I just sent you a message just in case you haven't received or saw that." while I kept my eyes on him praying he'll believe me.

GOD! I know lying's a sin but let me be this once. I hope he buys it. I hope he buys it. I hope he buys it.

He nodded his head. In a swift move, I was taken aback. My eyes grew wider when he suddenly claimed my lips fully with his. After that, he was nibbling my lower lip asking for entrance. I didn't respond. I was stunned in my seat, butterflies filled in my stomach. When we were together, we do kiss but we didn't get to go this far. He let go just right when we I'm about to lose air.

Chuckling, "You. Are. Still. In. Love. With. Me." he confidently said like he's a hundred percent sure.

I never did stop loving you, stupid. You did. You are confusing me. What is this all about, huh?

"Really, now. Why would I break up with you in the first place if I still do?" I know it sounds harsh but I just said that to provoke him.

His face hardened. His hands were in a fist. He closed his eyes while releasing some air through his mouth. As he opened his vision, his expression was once again cheerful.

He didn't answer my question but rather he said, "I am not giving up without a fight, Soojung. Get ready, because once I made my move I'll be making sure you won't even think of falling for another. I will make you fall for me twice as firm as you did before, that it would be hard for you to stand up again. You hear me?"

What are you thinking, really? Is this some kind of game for you? Are you trying to get your revenge on me? I can't read you anymore. Oh, I never really can read you in the first place. What I would do just to know what's running in that pretty head of yours.