Lost in Love - He Is, Too

Lost in Love
It's a miracle I found myself lying in my room. It's already morning but my eyes are still wide awake. I'm not sure if I had slept last night. My head hurts, mostly, my heart. The sun is shining brightly through my windows, complete opposite of what I am feeling right now.

"Soojung! I'm going out. Your food's ready downstairs." My sister exclaimed as she took a peeked at my room to bid goodbye.

I answered, "Okay." and shifted my position to the other side of the bed to avoid her seeing me.

But her knowing me too well, entered and checked before anything else.

She looked at her watch and sat on the edge of my bed after and asked, "You want to talk about it?"

"We can, later. I see you have an appointment." I said nonchalantly.

Patting my leg, "You're more important than anything." she said.

Giving in, "He ultimately gave up. We're done, done." I explained.

"Nothing's done unless you're six feet on the ground." She commented and stood up.

She continued, "I believe you are old enough to know what to do. Add up that you're a genius." And finally went her way out.

Am I? I hope I am.
------

"Are you coming?" Luna Unnie asked for the nth time. Well, we're in the midst of our break. She's been hyped up questioning about the birthday party we will be attending later tonight. I'm still unsure if I'm going or not.

"I don't know. I'm not a party person." Is the only thing I could say.

Amber joining the club said, "Come on, Princess. Taemin's expecting you there. I bumped into him this morning, he mentioned he needs to tell you something. And it won't be a big party. Just a simple get together. That's all." Enticing me.

Sighing, I said. "Do I even have a choice?"

The two cheered for their success in making me go with them while I just shook my head on the side. This is just right, my diversion from everything.

After practicing, we went to a mall and searched for a gift and then we headed straight to the celebration of Taemin Oppa's birthday. Since it wasn't formal, we didn't bother changing our clothes. It's a reserved restaurant located just near our company. The place was nice and pleasant. When we arrived, there were already some people gathered around. All from our entertainment company's artist and staff.

As soon as we entered, we were warmly greeted by the celebrant who's at the front door welcoming guests.

"Happy Birthday!" We all greeted at the same time while handing him our gifts.

Getting it from us, "Thanks. But you shouldn't have bothered." he placed it on the near table beside him.

He sent us until we were comfortably sitted in our seats and excused himself shortly to accommodate his other visitors.

Like what Amber told me earlier, it really was a simple celebration. We chat and ate. Some sang and even dance. It was nice. For a while, I forgot my problems and felt contented.

As the night is getting deeper, so is my eyes. I think it's the effect of me not getting to much sleep last night. I quietly whispered to Luna Unnie who's beside me that I want to go home.

"Okay. The party's almost over, too. We'll go home together. I'll just call our llama and we will bid our goodbye to Taemin." She said as she stood up and take in action her plans.

I quietly sat and wait for them there in my seat. Minutes later, I saw Luna Unnie arriving with Taemin Oppa.

I went over to them to ask farewell to the birthday boy when he said, "Can I excuse you for a moment, Soojung?" with his jester smile on.

I took a glanced at Luna Unnie and saw her nodding her head while saying, "We'll wait for you outside."

Patting Oppa's shoulder, "Happy Birthday, again." She said while now looking at him.

"Thanks." He said.

We moved to a more small and secluded room next door. But what is it he want to tell me that need to be this private?

After closing the door, he turned his head on me and said, "I'll cut to the chase. Well, I got this phone call last night and you're the only one I thought of telling it to. It was from Minhyuk Hyung. He seems pretty drunk. He keeps on telling me that I should look out and take care of you. That he's grateful and at the same time sorry. There's a lot of things he's been saying about you, I lost track. What's up with you two?" he asked with an intriguing tone.

Oh, right. He only knows we're on the rocks. He's been quite busy with their promotions and all, while I was doing my own stuff that I haven't got to chat with him.

In an instant, my drowsiness left. I was absorbed with every words that comes out of his mouth. I haven't gotten the chance to answer because of the lump that is in my throat. I just stared at him with a sad looking expression. Good thing, I managed not to break down in front of him.

We stood silent for minutes before he broke the silence by saying, "Well, if you aren't ready or do not feel to share at the moment, it's okay. It's just I am worried for the both of you. And the call really bothered me because the whole time he was saying it all, he was crying."

Like a statue, I was struck there after hearing his informations. All this time I thought I'm the only one hurting and in pain. Never once did it crossed my mind that he is too.