[HYEJEONG X MINA] - Untamed Spirits

AOA One-Shot Collection

Characters: Shin Hyejeong, Kwon Mina.

Genre: Angst

Word count: 1174

 


 

 

Hyejeong sits alone by the window in a room. Her face is blank and pale, she doesn't move. It looks like she's a mannequin.

 

AOA's dorm is really quiet since yesterday, no one is outside. Usually, they would perform somewhere, drop by the FNC building to practice, or just play random games at dorm. All of the AOA members are filled with extreme sadness. They decided to not to attend any events and cancel all the ongoing events. Their fans haven't know about this and the reason behind this, yet AOA wouldn't let them know about this. Some may think they're too tired doing the activities as a rising, famous girl group, but what about the "extreme sadness" I mentioned just now?   

 

AOA had lost their lovely, bubbly rapper and bassist, Kwon Mina, due to a extreme car crash.

 

Hyejeong's eyes are red and her face is full of tears. She cried all day and night due to Mina's death. She's in Mina's room, which is the room she goes to the most. Hyejeong and Mina is one of the closest members to each other in AOA beside Seolhyun and Hyejeong, altough she still have Seolhyun, but how come she can just forget a friend she had so much memories with?

 

Mina's white bass guitar is placed on a stand, where she would play it with Hyejeong all night.

 

FLASHBACK:

 

"Hyejeong, let's play my bass guitar!!" Mina exclaimed as she lifted up the instrument.

 

Hyejeong nodded and jumped on her bed as Mina did the same thing. Mina put the body of the guitar on her lap and started playing random keys using her tiny fingers.

 

Hyejeong smiled as she saw the girl played the 4-stringed instrument. It makes her wonder why a girl with a cute face could play a difficult instrument for her.

 

The deep, calming tunes of a bass made the atmosphere peaceful for them both, since there's nobody else in the room. It's just rare when a female plays a bass. Hyejeong loves it.

 

Mina stopped playing to yawn for a while. It's a bit late at night. She looked at her digital clock, it's 11:46. All the members must have fallen asleep altough they don't have any schedule tomorrow.

 

"Why? Are you sleepy?" Hyejeong looked at the younger girl whose eyes were about close tightly.

 

Mina nodded, then she put back her bass guitar on the stand.

 

"Hm, ok then. I'll be going to my room!! We can play this tomorrow night." Hyejeong said as she got up, heading to the door, but then a hand grabbed her wrist tightly.

 

She looked over her shoulder, it's Mina who was looking her with puppy eyes.

 

"Hm..can you stay with me? I just want you here. I feel the most comfortable with you. If you can, can you sleep here?" Mina said her 'wish'.

 

Hyejeong can't help but blushed and smiled. She nodded, then put Mina around blankets and pillows, which will make her sleep more comfortable.

 

Mina blushed cutely as Hyejeong tucked her in bed. Hyejeong then hopped in, then drifted off to deep sleep since she's sleepy, too.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

They would do the activity above all night. But now Hyejeong couldn't do it again because now Mina's gone. Hyejeong can just cry about it, but it's useless because she won't get Mina back by crying.

 

She looked at Mina's clean, white bass guitar on the stand nearby the place she's sitting on.

 

The door creaked open. It was the group's mommy a.k.a Choa.

 

"Hyejeong-ah." she called Hyejeong. She came closer to the crying girl. Hyejeong didn't even answer. She's not in the mood to talk.

 

"Let's eat." Choa placed her hand over Hyejeong's shoulder. Hyejeong shook her head. She's also not in the mood to eat.

 

"But you'll be sick if you don't eat, Hyejeong-ah. I know that now Mina's gone, but you must take care of yourself, too." Choa comforted the younger girl.

 

The word 'Mina' would made her so happy and cheerful, but now it makes her sad and feel like crying. "I want to be with Mina, unnie." Hyejeong said, tears started to form again on her eyes. She actually wanted to say "We can't be AOA anymore without Mina, unnie.", but she changed her mind.

 

Choa gave her a look of confusion, "What do you mean?"

 

"Leave me alone, unnie. Please. You and the others can go but I just want to stay here." Hyejeong covered her face, crying again.

 

Choa doesn't know what to say anymore and just leave Hyejeong behind, she head to the door and shut it really quietly.

 

The crying girl sighed heavily and grabbed Mina's bass guitar, held it the way Mina held it, then started to play random tunes. She carressed the instrument while trying to hold back her tears, altough it flowed already.

 

-

 

Time: 12:34 A.M.

 

Hyejeong laid on her bed, with her eyes red due to too much crying. It's late at night, and she can't sleep. She tried her best to try to fall asleep, but she can't. She doesn't know if it's her hallucination or not, but she saw a spirit-like figure, brown, long, beautiful hair and skin as smooth as porcelain. The figure went closer, showing a clearer face. Hyejeong's eyes widened in shock, "Mina?"

 

The figure nodded and smiled warmly.

 

Hyejeong shook her head to make sure she's not dreaming. She then rubbed her eyes, as Mina's ghostly figure came closer.

 

"W-Why are you here?? Is this y-your spirit?? Your f-funeral was yesterday, b-but why are you here????" Hyejeong spat out words. 

 

Mina's eyes had tears on them. "You don't want me here?" she sighed. "I can leav--" Mina's words were cut off as she felt arms around her. It looks like Hyejeong is backhugging her.

 

"Don't go." Hyejong stated. "Can we please play your bass guitar?" she continued.

 

Mina smiled and nodded. Then they went to Mina's quiet room, after that Mina played the bass tunes as usual, which made Hyejeong really happy. Then she spoke up in the middle of Mina's performance.

 

"You know, Mina-yah."

 

"Hmm??" the ghostly younger girl responded, she stopped to play the instrument for a while.

 

"I want to be with you..like, in heaven." Hyejeong lowered her head.

 

Mina's eyes widened, she shook her head, "No, no. You must continue to promote AOA, even without me."

 

The older girl sighed heavily. "But I want to be with you. Should I die?" Hyejeong asked a ridiculous question, making the ghostly girl think twice.

 

"If that's the only way.."

 

-

 

Hyejeong and Mina's spirit went to the bathroom, then Hyejeong grabbed a cutter from a nearby drawer. She sighed again as she aimed it to her pale wrist.

 

The cutter hit Hyejeong's wrist, the girl stick the sharp object deeper as she could feel deep pain. She closed her eyes tightly as her world turned pitch black.

 

"Now we're together, Mina-yah."

 

-

 

Then both of them became 'Untamed Spirits' as their spirits are always untamed. However they're happy they're together.

-ThatFabAuthor