[SEOLHYUN X HYEJEONG] - Choose

AOA One-Shot Collection

Characters: [Main] Shin Hyejeong, Kim Seolhyun [Side: Yuna]

Genre: Romance, Angst

Word Count: 128

Requested by: liannamagsino

 


 

Hyejeong and Seolhyun are having their breakfast at a restaurant since it’s both their day off. They could finally spend some time together as they were busy with work and couldn’t see each other for two weeks.

 

“Hye—“ Seolhyun got cut off by Hyejeong’s ringing phone.

 

“Hold on Seol, let me pick up this call.” Hyejeong said in a panicky tone.

 

“Hyejeong… I wanna die… now.” The person on the other line said.

 

“What are you talking about? Don’t you dare do some stupid things!”

 

“I have nothing left now; death is the best solution for me.”

 

“Seo Yuna! Listen to me! No matter what happen, I’m always here for you. Are you at home now?”

 

Yuna didn’t say anything and hung up the phone call. Seo Yuna is Hyejeong’s ex-girlfriend. Yuna is a famous actress. They broke up because Yuna became so materialistic and wants to have everything in her life. Hyejeong couldn’t stand Yuna’s change in her attitude and broke up with her.

 

After they broke up, Hyejeong met Seolhyun at her current workplace and fell in love with her silliness.

 

Even though Yuna and Hyejeong broke up, Hyejeong still cares a lot for Yuna as she’s the only person Yuna could confide in.

 

“Sorry Seolhyun, I have to go, Yuna needs me now.” Hyejeong grabbed her bag but Seolhyun stops her.

 

“Is Yuna really more important than our date?” Seolhyun asked.

 

“I’m really sorry. You do know that I’m the only person Yuna can confide in. I promise I’ll always be there for her. Moreover, she doesn’t sound good now, I’m afraid she’ll do something stupid. I’ll make it up to you.” Hyejeong gave Seolhyun a forehead kiss and ran off to find Yuna.

 

Seolhyun look at Hyejeong until her sight disappears. She started thinking if she’s really the girl in Hyejeong’s life. She can still feel that Hyejeong loves Yuna.

 

Hyejeong arrived at Yuna’s apartment.

 

“Yuna! Yuna! Open the door! I’m Hyejeong!” Hyejeong knocked the door for several times but no one is opening the door.

 

The tall and strong girl decided to use all her strength to kick open the door. Behind the door revealed the worn out girl. Hyejeong rushed to Yuna and picked her up from the floor.

 

She observed Yuna carefully. Yuna’s hair is so greasy that it looked like she hasn’t washed it for days. Her body reeks of alcohol. Her eyes that got Hyejeong to fall in love with her are now bloodshot red and puffy, and is full of sadness.

 

‘Why did the famous Seo Yuna become like this?’ Hyejeong’s heart broke when she saw Yuna like this. She cried while looking at Yuna in her drunken state.

 

“Who are you? Are you Hyejeong?” Yuna squished Hyejeong’s cheeks and got a clearer view of her ex.

 

“Yuna… Did you drink all those?” Hyejeong said pointing at the empty beer bottles on the floor.

 

“Yeeeeeeep.” Yuna nodded.

 

“Why?” More tears rolled down Hyejeong’s face.

 

“Why? Because drinking that makes me happy. Drinking that makes me forget about everything.” Yuna answered and took another bottle of beer from where she is.

 

“Stop drinking! Where is the beautiful, attractive and full of confidence Yuna I know?!” Hyejeong took the bottle away from Yuna.

 

“She’s dead long ago!”

 

-

 

The next morning, Hyejeong woke up with Yuna hugging her. She remembered Yuna told her to keep her accompanied so she stayed there the whole night. She washed her face and then went back home.

 

Hyejeong arrived at her condo and saw a familiar girl sitting by the pool. It was Seolhyun. Hyejeong ran there and hugged her.

 

“Baby, I’m sorry. I kept Yuna accompanied last night because she wasn’t stable so…” Hyejeong tried explaining but Seolhyun broke the hug.

 

“Save the explanation. I don’t have to know what you did with her, do I.” Seolhyun said in a sarcastic tone.

 

“Seolhyun, we did nothing. Yuna lost practically everyone in her life and have nobody left. I’m the only one she can count on.”

 

“Go back to her Hyejeong. I know you still love Yuna.”

 

“Are you asking for a break up?” Hyejeong was dumbfounded.

 

“…Yes. She needs you more than I do. Don’t do anything that’s going to make you regret for life.”

 

“Seolhyun! You’re the one that I love. I only love Yuna as a friend. And I… am going to attach to our branch in America for a year.”

 

“Then… That’s good for the both us. You can focus on your work and I can focus on mine.”

 

“Wait for me. I’ll come back and marry you.” Hyejeong hugged Seolhyun.

 

“Don’t choose me just because I’m your girlfriend now. Follow your heart. I know Yuna still occupies a big part of your heart; we can still be friends, can’t we? Wish you all the best.” Seolhyun gave Hyejeong one last kiss before they part.
 

 

One year later

 

Hyejeong returned from America and saw her two angels. She ran today and hugged both of them.

 

“Welcome back.” Yuna stretched out her hand waiting for Hyejeong to shake.

 

“Thank you.” Hyejeong flashed her charming smile.

 

“Hi.” Hyejeong looked at Seolhyun.
“Hi.”

 

“You lost weight, fatty!” Yuna squished Hyejeong’s cheeks.

 

“Ya! I gained so much at America! I ate so much.”

 

“You gained weight?! You don’t even have stomach fats now!” Yuna hit Hyejeong’s tummy.

 

Seolhyun walked behind them and saw them behaving like a couple. She guessed Hyejeong chose Yuna. She sighed and walked out of the airport. At the end, she still isn’t the one for Hyejeong.

 

“Kim Seolhyun!” Seolhyun heard someone calling for her and turned her head to the source of voice.

 

“I’m sorry to keep you waiting.” Hyejeong pulled Seolhyun into her embrace.

 

“”I thought you…”

 

“You thought I chose Yuna, right?” Hyejeong smirked.

 

Flashback

 

“It’s been a year, how are you Yuna? Have you got back up on your feet?”

 

“Yup. I went back to acting; it’s still what I do best, right? Surprisingly the company still wants me. Ha ha.”

 

“Of course they’d still want you. Seo Yuna’s acting is still the best and what everyone loves. Keep going, okay? I’m always here.” Hyejeong gave Yuna a hug, “I’m sorry that we can’t go back to how we used to be.”

 

“Don’t be sorry. I’m glad you found someone even better than me. Thank you.” Yuna showed her dimple smile.

 

“Huh?” Hyejeong didn’t know who Yuna was referring to.

 

“Pabo! Kim Seolhyun, she’s the one that is better than me and is meant for you. Hurry go and chase her back!” Yuna knocked on Hyejeong’s forehead.

 

“O—oh, oh my.” They couldn’t find Seolhyun when they turned around.

 

“See you next time, my assistant is her.” Yuna ruffled Hyejeong’s hair and went to her car with her assistant.

 

 

End of Flashback

 

“I love you.” Hyejeong dropped her bag and pulled Seolhyun in for a long kiss.

 

They broke the kiss as they needed oxygen. They knocked their forehead together gently and finally after a year, Hyejeong could smile genuinely because she found her Mrs Right.

 

“Wanna follow me to a place?” Seolhyun nodded.

 

After being on the cab for fifteen minutes, they arrived at a building. The couple got off the cab.

 

Hyejeong suddenly kneeled down and had a red box on her hand, “Marry me, Kim Seolhyun.” Seolhyun was smiling ear to ear. She nodded.

 

Hyejeong made a customized diamond ring for herself and Seolhyun such that there are only two such rings in the world. She brought Seolhyun to the Registry of Marriages.

 

Now, they are officially engaged.

 


 

[A/N: Sorry, i tried following the idea you gave me but it doesn't match my plot! hope you like this oneshot :(]