[YUNA X SEOLHYUN] Driving

AOA One-Shot Collection

Characters: Seolhyun, Yuna

Word Count: 905

By: HYOYEONzxc


Today, both Seolhyun and Yuna are having their day off. They decide to go for some Christmas shopping. Seolhyun always love Christmas shopping. They do it together every year. However, there’s one thing that Seolhyun doesn’t like this year about Christmas shopping with Yuna.

 

And that one thing is Yuna will be driving. They have their own cars, but Yuna has purchased a new one recently and has been begging Seolhyun to let her drive around.

 

If there is one thing that should not exist, it should be Yuna’s driving license. Her driving is horrendous to say the least. Yuna’s eyes leave the road every five seconds and sitting next to a driving Yuna always makes Seolhyun want to throw up. Why? Because Yuna never drives at a constant speed.

 

“Babe, you ready?” Yuna asks cheerily, hopping out from the room.

 

“Yeah, Yuna, are you sure you want to drive?” Seolhyun asks again, worried painted all over her face.

 

“Yeeeeeap! Let’s go!” Yuna grabs her girlfriend by the hand and pulls her out to the garage.

 

Once both girls are in the car, Yuna toss her bag to the back seat and put on her seatbelt. She starts the engine and is ready to go when Seolhyun stops her, “Baby, you forgot to switch on the side view mirrors!”

 

“Oh, yeah, totally!” Yuna places a kiss on Seolhyun’s cheek before pressing the side view mirrors button.

 

Seolhyun could not be more anxious. She is constantly looking out on the road for Yuna because the girl keeps on talking and talking. Sometimes Seolhyun wonders how did Yuna get her driving license, did she bribe her examiner?

 

“Hey, what kind of Christmas tree do you want?” Yuna turns to Seolhyun, whose eyes are always on the road and hands clutched tightly to the seatbelt as if they were a life line.

 

“I don’t know. Anything you’d like.”

 

“Hm… Alright. Do you think we should invite our friends for Christmas this year or do you want to spend it with just me?” Again, Yuna’s eyes are on Seolhyun.

 

“We’ll discuss later. Yuna, you should focus on the road.” Seolhyun says seriously. Yuna could sense how serious she was and shuts almost immediately.

 

Yuna isn’t one who can keep quiet for even ten minutes. “Seol, can you pass me my purse?”

 

Seolhyun hands Yuna her red purse, and the shorter girl begin searching for something. Her eyes on her purse, her hands on the steering wheel.

 

“Found it!” Yuna holds the bagel she bought the day before and shows a victory smile, both her hands off from the steering wheel.

 

“YUNA LOOK OUT!!!!” Seolhyun screams and controls the steering wheel for Yuna, while the girl’s bagel flies off to the road. They almost drive onto the pathway and into a tree.

 

“Ah… My bagel…” Yuna pouts.

 

“Seriously? You’re trying to eat while driving? Do you know we almost died? We almost drove into a tree because of your lousy driving skills!” Seolhyun explodes and she regrets in an instant. Yuna stops the car by the roadside and gets out from the car. Seolhyun chases her.

 

“Hey, hey! I’m sorry, okay? I didn’t mean it.” Seolhyun hugs Yuna but the shorter girl pulls away.

 

“I know. You don’t like me driving. I get it. I’ll just take the bus then; you can drive home.” Yuna flings Seolhyun’s hands off her shoulders.

 

“I didn’t mean it that way, baby. I’m sorry, kay? You’ll drive.”

 

“Nah, I don’t want us to die or end up in a hospital. You should drive.” Yuna says sadly, obviously hurt by Seolhyun’s words.

 

“How many times do I have to say sorry for you to forgive me?”

 

“You don’t have to. I’m bad at driving. That’s a fact.”

 

Yuna turns and starts walking the opposite direction they were driving. Seolhyun sees her lover’s back and she screams internally at herself for screwing their date up.

 

Seolhyun thought of an idea quickly and sits on the floor. She knows Yuna won’t leave her alone here.

 

“AHHHH!!!!” Seolhyun screams and look away when Yuna turns around.

 

Yuna runs back to her girlfriend and helps her up, “Are you okay?! What happened? I turned around for only a second!”

 

“I think I hurt my arm… I can’t drive. Will you drive us to the mall?” Seolhyun says, showing her puppy eyes that Yuna can’t resist.

 

Yuna nods and Seolhyun stands up on her own, “you’re lying?! You didn’t fall?!”

 

“That’s the only way for you to stay with me. I’m sorry, Yuna, I really am.” Seolhyun hugs Yuna so tight she could hear Yuna’s heartbeat.

 

“What should I do to keep the both of us safe?”

 

“First, hands always on the steering wheel, no driving with knees. Second, eyes always on the road. Okay?”

 

“Okay.” Yuna nods and smiles which shows her deep dimples.

 

Yuna is about to put on her seatbelt when Seolhyun stops her, “Let me put it on for you.” Seolhyun stretches her whole body and after getting a hold of the seatbelt, she kisses Yuna on the lips. “I love you.” And then, she buckles Yuna’s seatbelt for her.

 

With that, both girls sit in the car in silence. Seolhyun is still nervous, but tries her best not to show it. Yuna is also trying her best to drive safely, though most of the time she feels like opening to talk.