[HYEJEONG X MINA] - Whole Heartedly

AOA One-Shot Collection

 

Characters:  Shin Hyejeong, Kwon Mina

Genre: Fluff

Word count:  1790

 


 

[A/N: ok here's another hyejeong x mina fic since ship them really hard, and for cute-eyes, your Seolhyun x Yuna oneshot will be next, ok? ^^]

 

In the breezy, chilly and warm-atmosphered night of Busan, there goes a girl walking down the sidewalks with her backpack bouncing up and down as she walks. She's alone and wandering around the place like she needs a shelter. The streets were lit up by the glow of the shop banners' lights which made the girl felt accompanied because the shops are still open altough it's 10 PM. It's a bit crowded in her surroundings, people and trasportations unhesitantly passed by.  As she walked, she rubbed both of her palms together and gently rubbed it again on her cold forearms.

 

She stopped for a while and bit her lip because she couldn't find any shelter to get herself out from the cold air outside. She looks around and luckily found her favorite coffee shop. Starbucks Coffee. The girl's eyes twinkled and her mood brightened up a bit. Happily, she walked there to warm herself up also with a light smile glued on her face. 

 

As she entered, she smelled the usual coffee scent of Starbucks. The orange-yellow glow of the lights plus there's no other customers made her heart flutter because she's alone with the attractive barista.

 

"Hi!!" the attractive female barista bowed as the girl opened the glass door.

 

"H-Hi." the girl replied nervously. The barista is greeting her like she's not a stranger. That's why she's attractive. The girl likes those kind of people. She immediately ordered her favorite hot drink from Starbucks, caramel macchiato.

 

"Alright, caramel macchiato? Which size?" the barista put her hand on the stack of cups.

 

"T-Tall.." the girl didn't realized she stuttered. She kept focusing on the barista's cute, adorable face, long and wavy dark brown hair, big dark brown eyes, unique facial expressions that made her giggle at, also lips that anyone would want to kiss. The barista smiled and her smile killed the other girl even more.

 

"What's your name??" the barista asked as she took out the marker used to write customer's names on the cup, getting ready to write it.

 

"Hyejeong." the girl said before she took her wallet from her backpack, searching for some money. She frowned because she didn't have less money than the coffee's price shown at the cash register's thing. Hyejeong glanced at the barista who's already preparing her drink instead of receiving the money first.

 

"Uhm..miss, I don't have enough money.." Hyejeong nervously said as she puts back the money inside her wallet, she knows that she will reply kind of negatively or even will cancel her order. But it happens to be the opposite.

 

The barista turned her head to look at a nervous Hyejeong, smiling kindly. "You don't need to pay for this. I saw you wandering around the streets outside and you look really cold. I'm gonna give this free drink for you." she replied unhesitantly, then continued to make the drink.

 

Hyejeong's eyes widened in her act of kindness. She was about to be extremely happy, but she thinked twice. "B-But.. what if your boss.. punishes you for giving a free drink to a customers??" she asked worriedly.

 

The other girl chuckled, "Our boss told us to always to love our job so that we don't even need money for that. We always do it whole-heartedly." she stated, making the customer smile in happiness and relief. "You're so kind." Hyejeong said flatly.

 

The barista smiled, and it killed Hyejeong. Again. "Here's your drink." she put the cup on the usual corner where you take your served drink at.

 

"Thank you." Hyejeong happily received the drink, took out a straw and sat on a nearby chair so that she still could stare at this attractive and cute barista. She spied on her who was cleaning up, because the shop is probably closing soon while sipping on her drink. She squinted her eyes to see her nametag.

 

"...Kwon..Mina." she read the barista's nametag unsurely and quietly. Then she shrugged off to sip some more of her drink, despite the awkward silence between both of them who are busy doing their own activities.

 

After Mina is done with the cleaning job, she went inside the staff's room to take her backpack and store her barista apron and cap. She wants to go home, but why would she leave a customer alone?

 

"..That girl is attractive. I should get to know more about her." Mina spoke to herself as she took her backpack.

 

Returning back, she had keys on her hands and locked the door. And quietly approached a hopeless Hyejeong who was still sitting nearby, looking at the window.

 

"H-Hey.. are you lost? We're closing soon so.." Mina patted Hyejeong's shoulder lightly, making her startled a bit.

 

Hyejeong lowered her head and sighed lightly, "Yeah. I'm lost." she guiltyly said.

 

The barista girl widened her eyes and decided to sit on a chair in the opposite position of where Hyejeong is. "But..where are your parents?? How do you even got lost??" she asked worriedly, staring at Hyejeong.

 

"W-Well, I ran from my family.. because they're too rude to me and they don't even consider me as their child.. so somehow I took a train to Busan and I got lost here.." Hyejeong explained with a sad expression glued on her face. "...And I don't want to go back to them again.." she continued.

 

"Aw...that's really sad.." Mina comforted the lost girl by giving her a side hug. "Hm, so would you stay with me? I'm originally from Busan, so of course we won't get lost." Mina offered.

 

Hyejeong didn't expect this to be happening. She's REALLY kind. Her mood goes up and she absent-mindedly hugged the barista. "Do you mean it??" she asked while hugging her tightly. "Why would I leave a lost customer alone at this cold night?? Of course I mean it." Mina smiled, hugging Hyejeong back.

 

-

 

They asked each other's name and tell more about themselves while waiting for the subway. Finally, it arrived.

 

"Where will we be staying??" Hyejeong asked cluelessly, entering the subway. They went home by subway.

 

"My apartment. I live alone, so don't worry." Mina unhesitantly said as she plopped down a seat nearby.

 

"Oh. Umm.. so do you get close easily with a stranger??" Hyejeong asked again, looking at the sleepy younger girl. It took her a few seconds to realize her question, when her head unexpectedly fell on Hyejeong's shoulders, she leaned on them as a 'pillow' to sleep on. Hyejeong blushed, as she looked at the sleepy girl.

 

"What?? What's the question you asked before??" Mina startled and sat back upright again.

 

"Uhm..are you sleepy?" Hyejeong changed the question without Mina knowing.

 

"Mhm." Mina simply stated without saying a word, looking at the taller girl beside her. "You won't mind if I lean on you, right?" she asked before she continued to sleep.

 

Hyejeong showed a big smile to her and lend her shoulder for the younger girl to sleep on. 'She must be really tired...' Hyejeong spoke to herself. She tucked some of Mina's smooth, silky dark brown hair behind her ear so she can clearly see her sleeping face. The older girl giggled when she saw Mina's adorable sleeping face. A few minutes later, the subway arrived in other station, where they had to get off.

 

"Mina-ssi. Mina-ssi." Hyejeong patted Mina's cheek, asking her to wake up. The younger girl startled and sat upright again, grabbed her backpack and yawned while leaving the subway, with Hyejeong following behind. They let other passengers to got off first.

 

"Ok. We just need to go up there and turn right, and there's my apartment." Mina pointed up the stairs as they got off, immediately heading there with Hyejeong obediently nodded.

 

-

 

The familiar sound of a beep when a keycard slides correctly into its slot can be heard. Mina opened the door and revealed a dark room. As she the lights and head inside, making Hyejeong's eyes widened because of how clean it is. She froze for a few seconds and went on her hyper mode abruptly. She ran inside, throwed her backpack and plopped down the mini couch. Mina grinned on how happy the other girl is instead of telling her to help or something.

 

"Feels like home, eh? This is your new home." Mina plopped down the couch too. "I heard you called my name as 'Mina-ssi' at the train.." Mina started a conversation. "Yeah, why?" Hyejeong cutted off a bit. "I'm younger than you, so let's get closer!! You can call me 'Mina'. And since you're older, you'll be my 'unnie'." Mina suggested names. "That's awesome!! I will feel like a unnie, Mina-ya." Hyejeong high-fived her happily.

 

There's some silence for a bit.

 

"Mina-ya, you know I just have known for a few hours, but now I feel really close to you." Hyejeong confessed, moving closer to the younger girl who was about to sleep on the couch.

 

"I feel the same.." she replied with a smile, "Shouldn't we be sleeping now?? It's almost 1 AM." Mina looked at the clock.

 

"Mhm. Here." Hyejeong moved her face closer to Mina's, making the younger girl's heart raced, Mina slide downthe couch so that Hyejeong could be on top of her. "Hy--" Mina tried to speak but the distance between her and Hyejeong's lips is no longer than an inch. "Shouldn't I be on top of you?" Mina pushed Hyejeong's shoulders back so that she's sitting again, then she turned the position so that she'll be on top unhesistantly.

 

"Continue the thing just now." Mina commanded.

 

Hyejeong pushed the back of Mina's head but stopped it when her lips was just about to hit her lips. Mina smiled widely and leaned in to kiss the older girl. Hyejeong's eyes were completely wide open, but then it closed because of Mina's kiss, yet she's sleepy, too.

 

2 years later..

 

The two girls got really close to each other.

 

"Mina-ya, what's your job??" Hyejeong asked the younger girl who's leaning on her cheesily, watching the TV together.

 

"Barista. But now I have another job." she said a sentence that made the other curious.

 

"What job??" she asked.

 

"This might be a bit cheesy, but.. loving you is my another job." Mina showed that wide smile to Hyejeong, making the older girl hugged her tightly, and when she came to think of it again, she even hugged Mina more tightly.

 

"And you know the best part? I do my jobs whole-heartedly. And one of them is loving you." Mina broke the hug.

 

"I love you whole heartedly."