[HYEJEONG X MINA] Series of Letters

AOA One-Shot Collection

 

Characters: Hyejeong, Mina

Genre: Romance

Word Count: 3392

Requested By: myungeun37

By: HYOYEONzxc


 

Mina stood at the bus stop, sheltered from the rain. She cursed herself for not listening to her mother this morning. She told her to bring an umbrella because the weather forecast predicted that it’ll rain in the afternoon. Mina was in a hurry and didn’t listen to her mother.

 

”This is what you get for not listening to Mrs Kwon… Aish!”

 

The petite girl read the time on her watch and it says 2:50PM. Mina had to get back before 3 if not she’ll get into the trouble. She has a curfew at 3PM and her school ended at 11AM today. Obviously, the girl went out to play with her friends until she forgot the time.

 

Mina looked at the sky, and the rain didn’t look like it’ll stop anytime soon. Mina had no choice but to run home in this rainstorm. She held her bag over head and made a mental encouraging note to herself, “Choose one Mina! You either want to do house chores as a punishment or you’d rather run in the rain! Second option of course, right? Right.” 

 

With that, Mina was ready to run across the road but she felt someone tapped on her shoulder. She looked up and saw a girl who’s probably a head taller than her. Mina shot her a questioning look but she only handed her the umbrella she was using.

 

“No… I can’t take your umbrella, you need it too.” Mina pushed the umbrella back to the girl but she shook her head and pushed it back to Mina. After which, she ran into the rain.

 

Mina was awed and fell in love with her right away. How could someone be so angelic? she didn’t know why she offered her the umbrella but she could confirm one thing — that girl was an angel.

 

The girl was wearing the same uniform as Mina, so she must be from the same school. Mina was determined to look for her in school tomorrow.

 

Thanks to that tall girl, Mina reached home just one minute before the clock strikes 3 and is clean and dry.

 

 

~~~

 

 

The next day, Mina put the umbrella safely into her bag. She was having such a great mood until her mum interrupted her thoughts, “Someone finally decided to take an umbrella to school…”

 

“Mrs Kwon! This is not a normal umbrella, like yours. This is from an angel…” Mina closed her eye and imagined the girl’s angelic face and smile.

 

“I think you should just get your out of the house! What angel? If there’s an angel in this world, I must be fairy god mother.” Mina’s mum flips her hair.

 

“Oh please! If school is Satan’s child, you must be Satan himself.” After saying that, Mina dashed out of the house just in case she gets smack on the back of her head. She sure knows her mum well.

 

Mina thought she was in luck today as there was assembly in school. She thought she could see the girl and return her the umbrella but she didn’t see her anywhere. Mina was sad and couldn’t concentrate on the first-third lessons.

 

During lunch time, Mina excused herself from going lunch with her friends and walked along the corridors to the toilet. While walking, she saw the girl whom lent her the umbrella yesterday. Mina got so excited and ran into the class. 

 

“HI!!! DO YOU REMEMBER ME?” Mina shouted although the girl was just in front of her.

 

“Shin Hyejeong,” Mina saw her name tag, “I thought your name was Angel…”

 

“I am Kwon Mina!” Mina extended her hand and Hyejeong shook it, but she didn’t speak at all. Mina was confused.

 

“Erm… I’ll be back!” Mina ran out of the class room.

 

A few seconds later, Mina was back with the umbrella Hyejeong lent her yesterday.

 

“This is your umbrella… Thanks to you, I reached home within my curfew.” Mina flashed her eyesmile. Again, Hyejeong didn’t say anything, she just smiled.

 

Mina looked at Hyejeong’s desk, she was reading a book when Mina interrupted her.

 

“She didn’t say anything. She was reading a book. I interrupted her. She doesn’t like it. She hates me. I get it. Mina, you stupid bimbo idiot.”

 

“I’m sorry for disturbing you… Goodbye…” Mina walked out with a slouch. She was utterly sad.

 

The rest of the day in school, Mina was either quiet, or she just burst out scolding her classmates, even her teacher. She just wasn’t in the mood after knowing Hyejeong doesn’t like her, or it’s just what she thought.

 

Mina is having calculus class and her teacher had asked her to answer a question on the board. She didn’t know how to do the question even after the teacher had explained. She went up to the board and wrote some stupid answers.

 

“Oh my god. I explained this question a thousand times and you still don’t get it?! You obviously ain’t paying attention Mina.”

 

“YA! IF I DON’T GET IT, CAN’T YOU EXPLAIN ONE MORE TIME?! ISN’T THAT YOUR JOB?! BY SAYING ‘YOU STILL DON’T GET IT’, ARE YOU IMPLYING THAT I’M STUPID?! YOU COME SEE ME AFTER SCHOOL WITH YOUR PARENTS!” Mina shouted and went back to her seat and slept throughout the lesson. Yes, she just told her teacher to go see her after school with his parents.

 

After school, Mina was walking towards the general office and saw her calculous teacher walking towards her. She turned and tried running away but her teacher shouted for her.

 

Mina turned back and flashed a silly laugh, “Hey, sup!” Mina showed her fist, wanting to do a fist bump.

 

“I thought you wanted to see me after school? My parents are overseas so they can’t come.” 

 

“Hehe… I’m just kidding right there handsome! You can’t sense it?” Mina shrugged and then laughed, hoping her teacher would let her off.

 

“Pay more attention in class. I don’t mind explaining calculous to you after school. Just come look for me anytime.” He knocked Mina’s forehead with his book and went off smiling. Mina was thankful that he didn’t say he wants to see her parents.

 

After settling some things in the office, Mina was walking towards the gate and is still sad that Hyejeong didn’t want to talk to her. She stopped on her tracks when someone blocked her way. She looked up and it was Hyejeong.

 

“Hyejeong!” Mina tip toed and hugged the taller girl, “You can hit me! You can scold me! You can beat me up however you like but just don’t ignore me! I’m sorry…” Mina cried while talking. Hyejeong pulled away and took out a notepad.

 

Please don’t be mistaken! 

I’m mute, I can’t talk. 

I am definitely not angry! :) 

I’m really sorry for not telling you this… Don’t be sad ^o^

 

Mina read the note and was totally stunned. Hyejeong is mute? She is mute? How can it be? As much as Mina was taken aback, she believes one would not joke about something like that. She took the notepad and wrote something on it.

 

Oh my god. I’m so sorry! 

I thought you’re angry at me…

Are we friends…? I want to be your girl friend!

 

Mina handed Hyejeong her notepad. 

 

Hyejeong let out a small laugh when she saw the cancelled ‘girl’ beside the ‘friend’. Mina was embarrassed and was rubbing the back of her neck.

 

Of course we can be friends!

I’m more than grateful that someone wants to be my friend…

Do you want to walk home together?

 

“Calm down Mina, calm down. Flustered heart, please calm down!!!”

 

Mina returned back to her senses and wrote her reply on the notepad.

 

Sure!!!

:D

 

With that, they walked home together. Throughout the journey, they converse through writing on the notepad. Mina didn’t mind, although Hyejeong couldn’t talk, her angelic face and personality made up for it. For the first time, Mina felt really happy and excited all the time. She wasn’t like this even when her mother is not at home and she could have the whole house to herself.

 

 

~~~

 

 

 

Morning at 7AM, Mina woke up even before her mother. Normally, Mina’s mum had to spank her buttock with her bolster this kid would open her eyes and get ready for school. But today, Mina woke up on her own accord and already washed up and changed into her uniform. What has changed Mina? Of course, it’s her angel, Hyejeong.

 

“Omo omo, are my eyes playing a trick on me? Kwon Mina is up on her own and it’s only 7AM? Are you sure you’re Kwon Mina?” Mina’s mum rubbed her eyes a few times, and of course to tease Mina.

 

“I am definitely Kwon Mina, young lady.” Mina flips her hair and looked back at a piece of paper on the table.

 

“Ya, what are you writing? Don’t you know how to do some housework since you’re up so early?” Mina got smacked at the back of her head. She pretended to hit her mum when she was walking towards the kitchen.

 

“Don’t try to pretend to hit me, young lady.” Mina’s mum copied her. Mina and her mother is in a love-hate relationship.

 

Mina woke up exceptionally early today because she wants to write a beautiful letter for Hyejeong. Whenever Mina thought of Hyejeong, she just smile naturally.

 

“God, oh God, why did you make Hyejeong become mute? It’s such a waste do you know that?!”

 

~

 

At school, Mina was standing outside Hyejeong’s classroom. Hyejeong wasn’t there yet so Mina stood by the window while waiting for her. It’s a good thing for Mina that their classrooms are just beside each other. The tiny girl suddenly felt someone poking her back.

 

Hi!

What are you doing here?

:) :) :)

 

Mina took over the notepad and wrote her reply.

 

Good morning!

I’m waiting for you :D

 

Hyejeong read what Mina wrote and was surprised that someone was waiting for her. Mina swore she saw Hyejeong’s cheeks turning red.

 

Ah… I see…

Why are you waiting for me then?

 

Mina didn’t say anything but handed Hyejeong the card she made and decorated this morning. Hyejeong again gave her the questioning look but Mina urged Hyejeong to take the letter. After accepting the letter, Mina ran back to the class room.

 

“She is so cute,” Hyejeong smiled as she watched Mina disappear in sight.

 

Hyejeong went to her seat and put the letter Mina gave her on the table. She admired the beautifully decorated card before opening to see the content inside. There was a long message and Hyejeong took her time to read it.

 

 

To: Angelic Hyejeong *^^*

 

Hi! I am Mina, Kwon Mina. The tiny girl whom you met yesterday.

Do you still remember me?

I remember how you lent me your umbrella and ran in to the rain…

Why’d you do that?! What if you get sick?

I’d like to know you better… Can we have lunch together today?

I know there’s a cafe that makes nice pastas nearby our school! 

And… You’re really beautiful Hyejeongie… I’m captivated by your beauty…

And, what did you eat that made you so tall? I look so tiny beside you, right? Hehe.

Maybe, just maybe, you’re not tall, but it’s just I’m too short kekeke.

But it’s not entirely bad about being short right?!

At least I can rest on your chest when you embrace me with your long arms….

Okay! That’s it! See you at the front gate after school, ok?

P.S.: I hope it rains today… So we can share one umbrella : P

 

 

Hyejeong blushed when she read the postscript Mina added after the message and the cancelled sentene. Sure, Hyejeong is pretty, many girls liked her but not anymore after they know Hyejeong can’t talk. Mina is actually the first girl that goes crazy over her.

 

The tall girl took and searched her entire bag, she managed to find a colored paper her brother had left in her bag yesterday. She smiled to herself and began to write on it. She smiled as she thought of how Mina is so clumsy and all.

 

After spending 15 minutes on writing the letter, Hyejeong went to Mina’s class to pass her the letter. It was still early, so there weren’t a lot of students. Mina was dozing off on her desk so Hyejeong made a soft knock after putting the letter on Mina’s desk. She smiled and left.

 

Mina was super excited, of course. She opened the letter and as expected, there was a message. Mina didn’t expect Hyejeong to write her a letter so she couldn’t contain her excitement.

 

 

To: MaengA ^-^

 

Hello… That is my nickname for you… Is it cute? Do you like it?

Thank you so much for the letter…

I didn’t expect someone like you would enter my life…

When I first saw you at the bus stop, I see that you’re ready to run in the rain. 

You’re so tiny, I thought you’ll fall sick the next day so I lent you my umbrella..

I don’t fall sick easily so it’s fine for me ^^

And, of course we can have lunch together :)

I’m excited for our lunch date later! 

See you MaengA~ :)

 

 

Mina started jumping up and down after reading Hyejeong’s letter. Did Hyejeong just gave her such a cute nickname?! Did Hyejeong just said lunch date?! Mina rubbed her eyes and read the letter over and over again.

 

“WOOOO!” Mina did a stupid dance and knocked into her calculous teacher, oops.

 

“Kwon Mina! You think this is a dance room?” He put his books down and knocked on Mina’s forehead.

 

“Can’t you be a little more lenient?! Do you want to come see me after school again?! Anyway, I won’t hold it against you today my friend! I’m in such a good mood today woo!” Mina went back to her seat and she didn’t stop smiling since then.

 

The moment the bell rang, Mina ran out of the classroom. She just chucked everything into her bag, not caring whether her worksheets are crushed or not. That’s how much she wants to see Hyejeong. 

 

Mina waited for about five minutes and finally saw Hyejeong walking towards her. She waved and jumped up and down. Hyejeong didn’t see her until she walked nearer.

 

To make it easier to communicate with Hyejeong, Mina has bought herself a notepad during lunch earlier. She took it out and wrote something for Hyejeong.

 

Did you see me just now?

I was jumping up and down! :D

 

Hyejeong read Mina’s message and then wrote her reply on her own notepad.

 

No… Probably because you’re too tiny kekeke

You should eat more shorty so you’ll grow taller!

XD

 

Mina read and blew her bangs. She put her hands at the ends of her waist and showed an unnie pose before finally jumping up onto Hyejeong’s back wanting a piggyback from the taller girl.

 

You’re going to piggyback me for saying I’m short!

Now let’s go! Move!

 

Mina kept on moving while on Hyejeong’s back but the tall girl didn’t mind. Piggybacking Mina was easy because she was small and light. Hyejeong was smiling all the way until they reached the cafe.

 

After they had their lunch, Mina was bugging Hyejeong to let her go to her house. Hyejeong didn’t allow at first because she remembered Mina told her she has a curfew but Mina lied to her and say that her mum went to Busan with her friends today and won’t be home until night. Hyejeong then allowed her to go to her house.

 

MaengA, I have to tutor my little brother.

You sit here and do your homework ok?

 

Mina read the notepad and saw Hyejeong pointing at the seat next to her. Mina nodded and took out her study materials.

 

Mina couldn’t concentrate at all, she kept looking at Hyejeong and saw how attentive she is while tutoring her brother. It was peaceful and she really fell hard for Hyejeong. Everytime Hyejeong smiles when her brother understood what she is explaining, Mina fell a little more in love with Hyejeong.

 

Instead of doing her homework, Mina was writing a letter for Hyejeong again. She loves writing it because then she could make Hyejeong feel special.

 

After about two hours, Mina was done writing her letters (yes she spent almost two hours decorating and writing the letter). She waved at Hyejeong and carried her backpack which is bigger than her and headed home.

 

Hyejeong was packing the messy study table and found a letter by Mina under one of her books. She smiled as she knew Mina wrote another letter for her. She opened and read it.

 

To: My Angel Hyejeong

 

Hyejeongie~ Hyejeongie~ 

You’re so beautiful and perfect when you were tutoring your brother.

You are so cute. Ah… I really like you… Can you feel it..?

Will you… Be my girlfriend Hyejeongie?

I’m so nervous… Even though I’m not with you T_T

I wish I had enough courage to ask you face to face but I’m so scared…

Like, what if you rejects me?!

Then, I don’t think I’ll be able to continue living…

If you accepts me as your girlfriend, please write a (reply) letter and meet me at the school rooftop tomorrow at 8AM…

I really want to see you there tomorrow :<

 

Though Hyejeong can’t really express how she feels about Mina, she really likes the girl too. A part of her was afraid, but another part of her really wants to be with Mina. Not because she desperately wants a girlfriend, but because she found someone who really love her this time.

 

Hyejeong began writing a letter on a new beautiful piece of colored paper. 

 

 

~~~

 

 

“7:59AM… Hyejeongie please come now… Please come…” Mina was talking to herself. It was really chilly and Mina’s lips had turned color. She was cold but she was more concerned as to will Hyejeong meet her.

 

Just when she clasped her hands tightly, someone put a coat on her. Mina turned and saw Hyejeong smiling like how she always does at her. Mina jumped onto Hyejeong and hugged her tightly.

 

“Hyejeongie!” Mina was already crying. She doesn’t care if Hyejeong accepted her or not but all she knows is Hyejeong came to meet her.

 

Hyejeong pulled away and handed Mina the card. She pointed at the card and urge Mina to open it while she turns away. The shorter girl didn’t know what that means but she assumed Hyejeong must be too shy.

 

To: My MaengA

 

MaengA-ya~ This is going to be the shortest letter I’ve written to you…

I love you.

That’s all I want to say.

 

“KYAAAA!!!” Mina went in front of Hyejeong and hugged her tightly once again. This time, Hyejeong carried Mina and spun her around.

 

Hyejeong stopped and Mina looked at Hyejeong with her ever sincere eyes. Mina cupped Hyejeong’s cheeks, she tip toed and placed a soft kiss on Hyejeong’s lips. The shorter girl wanted to pull away but Hyejeong grabbed her waist and pulled her in, giving her a deep kiss.

 

Both of them took time to savor the taste of each other’s lips, until they were short of oxygen. They pulled away from the kiss and Hyejeong enveloped Mina with her long arms. And Mina rested her head on Hyejeong’s chest, just like what she always wanted to do.

 

After a short while, Mina took out a red colored paper bag. She handed Hyejeong that and the taller girl opened it.

 

Inside were all kinds of colors of envelopes. Turns out that Mina took the whole night to write a series of letters for Hyejeong. From the typical “Open when…” letters to the letters of what she wants to tell Hyejeong everyday. There are approximately 100 over letters in side.

 

Hyejeong was touched that Mina did so many things for her, even when she didn’t deserved it. She pulled Mina in for a hug one more time and shed tears.

 

Even though Hyejeong could talk, Mina could feel that Hyejeong is really happy and is touched. That was all Mina needed to know. That Hyejeong is happy. That is all that matters, to Mina.

 

As long as Hyejeong is happy, Mina will continue her series of letters till death do them parts.


[A/N: What a looooooong one-shot! I didn't proofread, so I'm sorry for any mistakes!]