[JIMIN X YUNA] Elope

AOA One-Shot Collection

Characters: Yuna, Jimin

Genre: Angst, Romance

Word Count: 2384

By: HYOYEONzxc


Jimin held a rose on her hand while walking along the road. She stopped when she reached a particular bungalow. Jimin looked at the room on third floor. The fan was oscillating and in front of the opened window revealed a girl reading a book with her ever peaceful face. Jimin smiled and continued walking to the entrance of the house.

 

Jimin pressed the intercom and spoke through it. The gate opened and a woman in her forties came out. Jimin recognised the woman and bowed 90 degrees at her.

 

“Auntie, I’m looking for Yuna.” Jimin said.

 

“Yuna is reading her book, don’t disturb her. You can tell me anything.” Yuna’s mum, Mrs Seo said coldly.

 

“I’m here to pass her this.” Jimin took out a cheque of ten thousand dollars.

 

“Did Yuna give you this?” Mrs Seo asked.

 

“Yes.” 

 

“Our Yuna has always been this kind, she is always helpful towards her friends.” Mrs Seo said with sarcasm.

 

’Friend?’

 

“Can I see Yuna for awhile please?” Jimin asked with tears in her eyes.

 

“I’m sorry, Yuna has a date with her girlfriend tonight. Please leave.”

 

“D-date? Girlfriend?” Jimin couldn’t believe what Mrs Seo just said. She couldn’t believe Yuna didn’t tell her parents about them.

 

Mrs Seo smirked and went back into the house. Jimin dropped the rose on her hand and she walked out of the yard, thinking of what to do next. She looked at Yuna while walking pass, and she was still reading her book.

 

Back in the house, Yuna closed her book after finishing the last chapter. She headed downstairs and saw her mum talking to herself.

 

“Mummy! Why are you talking to yourself?” Yuna was full of smiles. 

 

Mrs Seo handed Yuna the cheque without saying a word.

 

“Jimin unnie came?!” Yuna wanted to run out of the house to look for Jimin but got stopped by her mum.

 

“I thought I told you to stop seeing her? She is not someone you should be hanging out with! And why did you give such a big amount of money to her?” 

 

“Jimin unine is tight on cash, she needs it. And, she’s my girlfriend mummy, I love her!” 

 

“Okay, okay. Stop all these nonsense. I want you to go doll herself up for your date with Hyejeong tonight.” Mrs Seo folded her arms.

 

“Mummy! I’m telling you for this one last time, I don’t love Hyejeong and vice versa.” Yuna raised her voice at Mrs Seo.

 

“Alright, alright, sweetie. The date is fixed and everything else has been booked.  You have to turn up at the restaurant tonight. Just for one last time, I promise.” Mrs Seo used the most convincing tone.

 

Yuna rolled her eyes and went up to her room. When Yuna is back in her room, she texted Hyejeong.

 

 

[Yuna: Hyejeong, I need your help.]

[Hyejeong: What is it?]

[Yuna: Cancel the reservation at the restaurant and let’s meet at the park tonight.]

[Hyejeong: I’m guessing it’s about your girlfriend.. Tell me about it later!]

[Yuna: You’re the best!]

 

 

Hyejeong is Yuna’s dad’s business partner’s daughter. Their parents decided to hook them up together, and claim that they’re a perfect match. Hyejeong told her parents that Yuna didn’t like her and had someone else in her mind. They were more open minded and accepted it. However, not for Yuna’s parents, or rather, her mum. They think that whatever they do for Yuna is the best. They dislike Jimin because she was poor, she’s older than Yuna and her education level was too low, compared to Yuna who studied abroad.

 

At night, Yuna and Hyejeong met at the park. They reached at almost the same timing. Yuna was always thankful for such a friend like Hyejeong, always supportive and willing to do anything to help her.

 

“Hyejeong, I’m sorry. Jimin unnie came to my house just now but my mum talked to her instead. I bet mummy said something very nasty to Jimin unnie so I have to go check on her.” Yuna said with a sad voice, obviously worrying about Jimin.

 

“Don’t worry. I got this. I know what to tell your parents tonight when they call.” Hyejeong made an ‘OK’ sign with her fingers.

 

“Thanks so much.” Yuna hugged Hyejeong before going to Jimin’s house.

 

 

Jimin’s house

 

 

The door opened on the third bell. Jimin looked at Yuna with her puffy eyes, she had obviously been crying for the past hour or even longer than that. Yuna felt sorry and the more she can confirm that her mum said something not so nice to her. Yuna pulled Jimin in for a tight hug.

 

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry.” Yuna rubbed Jimin’s back in a circular motion. At the same time she could feel her shirt getting wet but she could care less. She needed Jimin to be okay.

 

Jimin pulled away and wiped her tears, “Let’s break up.” 

 

“Tell me you’re kidding, unnie. What did my mum tell you?” Jimin walked back into the apartment and Yuna followed behind her.

 

“Auntie’s right. We are not suitable for each other. You’re a princess, and I’m someone who didn’t even complete my high school education.” Jimin sat on the couch.

 

Yuna kneeled down beside Jimin, “No… We can go through this together. I love you unnie, I love you and I can’t leave you. I can’t let you go.” Yuna tried hugging the older girl but the latter told Yuna not to touch her.

 

“Leave, and don’t look for me ever again. We’re done and I don’t want to see you anymore.” Jimin pushed Yuna out of her house.

 

Jimin slide against the door and cried on the floor. Her heart ached so badly. She couldn’t believe she said those things to the love of her life. She couldn’t believe she hurt Yuna when she promised she wouldn’t.

 

“Jimin unnie! Open the door! Open the door! You promised you won’t make me cry, you promised you wont hurt me, you promised you’ll go through everything with me, you promised you’ll protect me!”

 

“I failed as a girlfriend Yuna… I’m a bad girlfriend… I’m sorry…” Jimin put her hand over so she won’t make any sound.

 

“Shin Jimin, you won’t die without Yuna. You can do it.” Jimin wiped her tears and went to wash her face, wash away those tears stain on her face.

 

 

 

 

Yuna opened her eyes and adjusted her vision to the strong sunlight shining into her room. She could barely sleep last night after Jimin chased her out of her house. Her eyes were puffy from crying the night before. She went downstairs only to see her dad leaving the house with his luggage. She guessed her dad is going overseas for business again. Now, no one would stand up for her. 

 

Yuna’s dad always supported her. Even when her mum didn’t approve her relationship with Jimin. Yuna’s dad think that Yuna is old enough to make her own decisions and that he’ll not interfere about her relationship with Jimin. 

 

“Come eat your breakfast.” Mrs Seo said and pulled Yuna to her table.

 

“Don’t think making me my favorite breakfast would make me stop seeing Jimin unnie.” Yuna said with a cold voice and turned away from Mrs Seo.

 

“I don’t understand, Yuna, what is so good about that girl? She can’t give you happiness sweetheart.”

 

“Her name is Jimin,” Yuna turned to her mum, “Everything about Jimin unnie is good. If Jimin unnie can’t give me happiness, I’ll give her. It’s that simple.”

 

“Trust me baby, you won’t want to see how I turn if you don’t listen to me. I guarantee Jimin will not live a peaceful life.” Mrs Seo threatened Yuna but she decided not to show her fear.

 

“And you won’t want to see how I turn if you bring troubles to Jimin unnie. I will leave this house and never come back.” Yuna threatened back and could see the shock in Mrs Seo’s eyes.

 

“Fine. I’ll see how long you can last with that brat when she knows you don’t have as your back up anymore.” 

 

“Are you saying Jimin unnie is dating me because I have a good background and I have rich parents, Mrs Seo?” Yuna went face to face with Mrs Seo.

 

“Was I wrong about that?” Mrs Seo smirked.

 

“I’ll make you regret this mummy.” Yuna stomped back to her room.

 

In her room, Yuna took her luggage out and packed all the things she bought using her own money. She decided not to bring anything that her parents bought for her. She’ll look for Jimin after leaving the house and if Jimin doesn’t want her, Yuna’ll have to think of other ways out. But right now, Yuna couldn’t stand staying in this house with her ridiculous mother.

 

Yuna went down with her luggage, Mrs Seo was reading the newspaper on the couch. The younger girl went in front of her.

 

“These are the credit cards daddy signed for me. This is the bag you bought for me when I graduated in the US. I bought all these using the money I earned. And this,” Yuna put her phone on the table, “I didn’t take anything you and daddy bought for me. I’ll show you I can live without these luxuries.” Yuna left everything on the table.

 

Yuna isn’t one who needs all the luxuries she’s having now, of course she is grateful but she needs to show them Jimin is not going after her just for her money.

 

The girl who left home sat on the floor outside Jimin’s house. Jimin wasn’t home and Yuna was curious as to where is Jimin. She hoped the older girl didn’t call or text her since she doesn’t have a phone now.

 

The door to the lift opened and Jimin walked out while using her phone. She saw Yuna seated on her luggage and was playing with her fingers, it was such a cute scene to see. Jimin rushed to Yuna.

 

“Yuna? Why are you here with your luggage?” Jimin helped Yuna up.

 

“Unnie, you have to take me in now… I’m homeless.” Yuna pouted.

 

Jimin unlocked the door and took Yuna’s luggage for her. 

 

“Tell me, what happened?” Jimin looked at Yuna with her strict eyes.

 

“I fought with mummy because she said you’re dating me because I have rich parents. I told her I’ll show her that I can live without them and that you’re not after my money. So I left home…” Yuna became smaller as she knows Jimin would give her a piece of mind.

 

“Why are you so silly? I can’t provide you a good life, I’m poor and I don’t even earn a thousand each month. You’ll only suffer if you live with me. Don’t do stupid things Yuna. C’mon, I’ll send you back.” Jimin tried to pull Yuna up but the skinny girl won’t budge.

 

“No! I want to experience your kind of life unnie. I’m tired of mummy treating me like her puppet. I want to show her I can live with you and I want to show her we truly love each other!” 

 

“How do you know I’m true to you? I might really be going after you because you’re rich.” 

 

“No, you won’t do such things. Although you always annoy me, I know you really love me. I know you won’t hurt me. I know because I love you and you proved it to me over these few months.” Yuna cupped Jimin’s cheeks.

 

Jimin pulled Yuna in for a bone crashing hug, “Thank you, silly girl. I can’t give you luxurious life, but I’ll give you the best I can. It’s okay if I don’t have any food, but I won’t make you starve.” Jimin brushed Yuna’s silky hair.

 

“Unnie, let’s elope.” Yuna looked at Jimin with her ever serious eyes but Jimin let out her signature laugh.

 

“Are you crazy babe?” Jimin knocked Yuna’s forehead. Yuna pouted and rubbed her head but Jimin immediately placed kissed on her forehead where she knocked on it and then placed a kiss on Yuna’s pouting lips.

 

“I’m not crazy, I’m serious unnie. Let’s elope to Europe and we’ll get married there. We can look for jobs there and live there. Nobody will disturb us, nobody will disapprove our relationship. Let’s start a new life there.” 

 

“But how are we gonna go? I only have a few hundred dollars in my account now.” 

 

“Don’t worry. I still have savings and it’ll last us for few months after buying the air tickets. We can look for jobs together and when we have enough money, we can have a simple wedding at the beach.” Yuna wrapped her arms around Jimin’s shoulders.

 

“I wanted to give you a grand wedding that you can remember for your life, but I guess not anymore…” Jimin rested her head on Yuna’s chest.

 

“Don’t be silly unnie. I don’t care about how our wedding will be held, I don’t care if I don't get to wear a wedding dress as long as I can be with you for my entire life.” Yuna brushed Jimin’s cheek using her thumb.

 

“No, you have to wear a wedding dress when we get married. I don’t mind if I don’t get to wear it but I’ll make sure you get to wear it.” Jimin promised Yuna and she’ll make sure she fulfil her promise.

 

“Alright! Everything’s set then! We will elope together tomorrow.” Yuna intertwined her fingers with Jimin’s and the shorter girl nodded.

They then went to Jimin’s room to use the laptop and book their flight tickets for tomorrow to Europe.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jimin and Yuna got married at Europe a few months after they got there and Yuna decided to cut all her ties with her parents until they are ready to accept Jimin as their daughter-in-law. After this, there’s nothing the couple cannot overcome anymore. Although Yuna doesn’t have any experience in working, she’s willing to take in hardships and learn new things. Jimin always find Yuna amazing. How she can still live with Jimin even though she knew she’s going to suffer. They are the perfect couple, they have the cutest and sweetest relationship everyone would love to have. They are meant for each other.