[HYEJEONG X YUNA] - Unexpected Love

AOA One-Shot Collection

 

 

 

Characters: Shin Hyejeong, Seo Yuna

Genre: Drama

Word count: 1327

 

Requested by: TasDuStyle

 

 


 

 

"A true person who loves you is the one who knows how naughty you can be, how noisy you can be, how annoying you can be, but still wants you anyway."

 

-

 

The AOA members sat frozen at the hospital's waiting room. All of them were really nervous and sweating. The hallways were empty, because since the hospital doesn't have a lot of patients today. Some of them got up, sat back down and repeat. Jimin and Youkyung was trying to hold back her tears. The group's oldest Choa can just walk in circles, praying for the best. The three maknaes (Mina, Seolhyun, Chanmi) already had their tears flowed and their leaning to each other, crying. While Yuna, she's just sitting there, with her face pale and knuckles white, silently crying.

 

Oh, and who do you think is missing?

 

Shin Hyejeong.

 

And where do you think is she?

 

She's in the operating room.

 

What is her sickness so that she must be in the operating room?

 

She had been diagnosed with....

 

kidney stones.

 

Yeah. Hyejeong had been diagnosed with kidney stones. So that AOA and their manager sent her to the hospital to get some check-up. They had been together for 2 years, of course they're really close and care for each other. AOA's schedule messed up dramatically, when the doctor confirmed that she has this disease.

 

The members sent Hyejeong to the hospital pretty early in the afternoon, around 12:00 PM. And now they've been waiting for 3 hours. It's 3 PM now. All of them are sleepy as well, but they won't sleep.

 

They waited for another 1 hour. And finally, the door opened, revealing the doctor.

 

All the members immediately stood up and gather around the doctor, asking questions and stuff.

 

"How's her condition, Doc??" Choa asked like a mommy.

 

"Can we go inside???" Jimin added.

 

The doctor closed his eyes tightly, trying to focus on what he wanted to say instead of answering the members' questions. He sighed as the members hoped for positive answers. He cleared his throat before talking as usual.

 

"Ok. First, she's just fine. She fell into a 3-hour coma earli--" his next words were cut off by Mina. "So she's still in a coma now???" she started to tear up again and the doctor turned to look at her. "No, miss. She's awake. She just need a lot of rest..and a.." again, he's nervous to say the next words. "A what, Doc?" Seolhyun asked, eyes filled with tears, too. The doctor hung his head low, "I'm sorry to say this, but..she needs a kidney donor to live." he ended his sentence.

 

All the AOA members' eyes widened in shock, "Kidney donor?????" they said in sync. "Yes, we should test it if any one of you wants to donor. I let all of you discuss about this. You may come in. Simply tell the nurse to have me back if anything happen. I'm sorry. I have to leave." he bowed and leave to nowhere. "Thank you, Doc." all of them thanked in snyc, again.

 

The members stood frozen in place, before Yuna stepped forward and opened the door, revealing Hyejeong lying on the hospital bed with a pale face. The other members quickly entered and gathered around the bed before her.

 

"Hyejeong-ah..do you still remember us?" Choa pointed to herself.

 

Hyejeong squinted her eyes and rubbed it. Maybe it's because of the light. Her vision was blurry and a bit dark. BUt as soon as she rubbed it, it got better. "Choa unnie..." she murmured, and gave a weak smile to her.

 

She slowly sat upright to get a better position. "W-Why are all of you here? Shouldn't you be practicing? I'm ok by myself.." she said, still having that weak smile glued on her face.

 

"We won't leave our Hyejeong alone. We'll always be here for you." Yuna smiled, moving closer to the lying girl.

 

Hyejeong smiled widely at Yuna, then asked "What did the doctor told you earlier?"

 

The members' smile slowly turned to a slight frown. "Y-You need a.." Mina tried to speak. That made Hyejeong got more curious. "A what??"

 

"You need a kidney donor, Hyejeong." Jimin said the full sentence.

 

The sick girl can't help but smile weakly, she had accepted the reality. "That's ok. Even if I don't get one, too. You guys can still be AOA with me, right?" her words made the members cry once more.

 

Hyejeong got confused, "Why are all of you crying? That's not even sad for me."

 

The atmosphere became a deep and sad atmosphere. All of them are nervous about themselves if they donating their kidney, it's like between 'want', or 'do not want'. The members startled as Yuna yelled something.

 

"Our Hyejeong can't just die like that!!! If you die, AOA will disband. I'll donor my kidney for our Hyejeong."

 

Things got mixed up.

 

-

 

-

 

Rest fo the AOA members gathered outside of the operating room nervously. They can't control themselves. They had been told that Hyejeong fell into a coma again, and she must got sent into the operating room. Their knuckles were white due to too much clenching. They can just pray and hope for the very best for Hyejeong...and Yuna.

 

Location: Operating room.

Time: 15:00 PM

 

Yuna lied beside Hyejeong, holding her stiff, pale hand. "Everything is gonna be okay." she whispered at her ear.

 

Yuna got anesthetic syringed to her body, so that she can be unconscious while her kidney is being transferred to Hyejeong. Her sight got dark and she closed her slowly, and the donor process has started.

 

-

 

Location: Outside the operating room

Time: 17:00 PM

 

As usual, the members are busy of themselves. There's Choa who keeps on crying about Hyejeong and Yuna who already she considered as her 'kids' or maybe sisters. There's Jimin and Youkyung who comforted Choa beside her, altough she keeps tearing up too. Meanwhile in the other side, there's the 3 maknaes who were leaning to each other crying nor sleeping. The unnies understand that they're bored because the operation had lasted for about 2 hours. They haven't eat, altough there's a canteen at the ground floor.

 

"Is Yuna gonna b-be ok??" Choa asked to no one between her sobs.

 

"Of course, Choa-ya. Hyejeong, too. Stop crying." Jimin wiped off Choa's tears and kissed her cheek. There's Mina who watched them as the group's mommy and daddy, and somehow her mood lightened up a bit because of their relationship with each other. 

 

-

 

Time: 18:00 PM

 

Finally, the doctor came out of the operation room. As usual, the members got onto their feet and gathered around him. "How is it, Doc?? Is Hyejeong and Yuna unnie fine??" Seolhyun asked.

 

The doctor sighed in relief.

 

The members' eyes were filled with hope.

 

"Yes. Yuna's kidney is a total match to donor it for Hyejeong. Congratulations, the operation is a success. We just need to move them to the patient's room and wait for them to be conscious again. I have to leave now. Excuse me." he excused, bowed and leave.

 

The members still can't beilieve what he just said.

 

"YAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!" Mina cheered jumping here and there.

 

"WOOHOOOOO!!! HYEJEONG UNNIE GOT A KIDNEY!!" the other 2 maknaes cheered.

 

But Choa thinked twice. "But will Yuna live with only one kidney?"

 

"Yah, unnie don't think negative!! Yuna unnie is a strong person, I'm sure she will survive!!" Youkyung comforted the oldest girl.

 

Hyejeong and Yuna's bed bed was moved to the patient's room, and the other members followed.

 

They waited for minutes, until both of their eyes opened slowly.

 

8 months later..

 

Hyejeong and Yuna sat together on the dorm's couch, recalling back memories.

 

"You still remember who donated a kidney to me?" Hyejeong asked, leaning on the older girl.

 

Yuna giggled, "Yeah, it was me. You're fine with your kidney now right?" she patted Hyejeong's kidney area, smiling.

 

"Of course. It's unexpected that you would love me so much that you would donate a kidney just for me." the younger girl leaned closer. She held Yuna's face closer to hers.

 

"I love you." Yuna said before she crashed her lips against Hyejeong's.

 

Hyejeong received an unexpected love from Yuna. It's not all about kidney, though. It's about their REAL love for each other.

-ThatFabAuthor

 

"