[CHOA X CHANMI] - Awkward on stage, sweet off stage

AOA One-Shot Collection

Characters: [Main] Park Choa, Kim Chanmi [Side] AOA

Genre: Fluff

Word Count: 1446

Requested by: NamyuAfterschool

 


 

Choa and Chanmi – The oldest and the youngest. They are often seen as the ‘awkward pair’ with little to zero moments on screen. But why is that so? The reason behind their awkwardness is that they are dating. They weren’t able to reveal their relationship to their fans, their company, even to their own team members.

 

Tonight, they’re at a live viewable radio show. They are doing a section where fans get to send in questions for them. The DJ, Shin Dong, is picking out questions.

 

“The first question is for Choa. If you were to choose a girlfriend among AOA, who would it be?” Shin Dong asked the first question.

 

It’s a super awkward question because Choa didn’t know if she should choose Chanmi or not.

 

“I will choose Chanmi.” Choa answered bravely and saw Chanmi giggling.

 

“Oh, Chanmi is the maknae right? Why would you choose her?” Shin Dong asked out of curiosity because they are six years apart.

 

“It’s because I want to date a girl younger than me. I am the kind that wants to take care of my lover instead of the other way round.” Choa answered.

 

“But isn’t the a little too big?” Yuna asked.

 

“No, I think six years is quite appropriate for me.” Choa smiled at the camera.

 

“Next question is for maknae Chanmi.” Shin Dong said, “Chanmi nuna, I hope you can send a wink to Choa nuna and ease the awkwardness between you two!”

 

“Ohhhhh…” The members smiled.

 

“It’s a little awkward so I’m going to do it quickly…” Chanmi uncovered her face and quickly send a wink to her girlfriend. Choa smiled from ear to ear.

 

The questionnaire continued and most of the questions related to Chanmi or Choa are all about their awkwardness.

 

Finally, the radio show ended and they are on the van going back to their schedule. Choa and Chanmi are sitting together in the middle. Chanmi is using her phone while Choa is looking out of the window.

 

Choa look at her little girl and the latter is only using one hand to scroll through her phone. Choa then slyly slip her fingers into Chanmi’s. The younger girl got a shock out of her life and looked to the front and to the back.

 

“They’re all asleep.” Choa smiled slightly. Chanmi hived a sigh of relief and hit Choa on her shoulder.

 

Choa refused to let go of Chanmi’s hand and placed their entwined fingers on her right thigh. Chanmi blushed and couldn’t stop smiling.

 

“Chanmi-ah, why are you smiling? What is Choa unnie doing?” Jimin asked when she saw Chanmi smiling nonstop through the mirror.

 

“Oh, I just thought of something funny. Choa unnie is sleeping.” Chanmi quickly lied.

 

AOA are back in their dorm and are taking turns to bathe. Chanmi and Choa aren’t sleeping in the same room so they can’t cuddle like typical couples. Chanmi is so sad because of that.

 

It’s deep into the night; the members are all sleeping as they have to wake up the next day early. Choa is sitting on the couch at the living room. She texted Chanmi to come out after Yuna fell asleep.

 

“Unnie…” Chanmi called out softly.

 

“My baby, come give unnie a hug.” Choa opened her arms wide, wanting a hug from the little girl.

 

“Unnie, I’m so happy today, because you chose me when Shin Dong Sunbaenim asked the first question.”

 

“I’m not lying anyway. I love you.” Choa gave Chanmi a long kiss on the lips.

 

“Thank you for loving me unnie, even when I’m not pretty and perfect.” Chanmi pouted because she thought of how K-fans always said she’s the ugliest in AOA.

 

“No, to me you’re the prettiest. Don’t think too much and sleep in unnie’s embrace tonight.” Choa took the blanket and covered Chanmi and herself. They slept in each other’s embrace that night.

 

~*~*~

 

“Yuna unnie! Come here!” Hyejeong pulled Yuna to the couch as soon as she saw Yuna walking out from bathroom.

 

“What, fatty?” Yuna asked while rubbing her eyes.

 

Yuna widened her eyes when she saw the scene in front of her, “OMO!”

 

Soon, the AOA members all gathered at the couch, shocked at the scene of Choa and Chanmi cuddling with each other.

 

Choa opened her eyes and got a shock as she saw her dongsaengs all gathered around them.

 

“Ya! Why are you guys standing here looking at us?” Choa asked them.

 

“Because it’s shocking to see you guys sharing skinships! The both of you are always so awkward!” Jimin said.

 

“Ah… It’s because Chanmi said she scared after watching the horror film and Yuna fell asleep so she called me out as I’m the only one awake last night…” Choa lied but fortunately her members seem to buy her story.

 

“Okay… Today is Choa unnie and Jimin unnie’s turn to make breakfast.” Hyejeong went to see the daily roster planned by them.

 

“Okay.” Choa covered Chanmi with the blanket and went to the kitchen with Jimin after washing up.

 

‘Hmm… It feels so good to be in Choa unnie’s embrace… Wait, why is it so empty?’

 

Chanmi opened her eyes only to see Choa and Jimin cooking in the kitchen. Jimin had her arms around Choa’s shoulders and they were joking and laughing. Chanmi is extremely jealous. A jealous Chanmi is a scary Chanmi.

 

“Good morning our maknae!” Mina greeted Chanmi with her sparkling eye smiles.

 

“Good morning Mina unnie.” Chanmi greeted back and rubbed her eyes.

 

“Chanmi-ah! Do you want scramble eggs or omelet?” Choa asked excitedly after hearing Chanmi’s voice.

 

“I don’t want anything you cook…Psh.”  Chanmi muttered under her breath, “Anything is good.” Chanmi said coldly and went to wash up.

 

‘What happened to her?’ Choa thought.

 

After having their breakfast, AOA are on their way to Music Bank. They’re so excited because they are the first place contestants.

 

Chanmi went to the water dispenser at the corner of the corridor as they ran out of water in the waiting room. As the girl was filling her water bottle, a pair of arms hugged her from behind.

 

“Did I do something wrong for you to ignore me?” Choa asked.

 

“No.” Chanmi tried releasing herself from Choa’s hug but she failed to do so.

 

“Tell me why please. I don’t want you to be moody while recording later. Jimin will be unhappy about it if you’re gloomy.”

 

“So it’s all about Jimin unnie huh? Fine, go date her!” Chanmi slapped Choa’s arms away and ran back to the waiting room.

 

“Aigoo… That jealous pie.” Choa laughed and walked back to the waiting room.

 

Chanmi sat on the couch using her phone, typing something and deleting it so that she would look busy. Choa entered the waiting room and Chanmi glared at her.

 

“Let’s take a selca, Chanmi-ah!” Choa said enthusiastically and sat beside her girlfriend.

 

“No! I don’t want to!” Chanmi ran away with Choa chasing her from behind.

 

“What’s wrong with the both of them?” Seolhyun asked while looking at the oldest and the youngest running around.

 

Choa backhugged Chanmi again which made the other members shocked.

 

“Let go unnie! The other unnies are gonna stare at us.” Chanmi whispered.

 

“I don’t care. I will announce our relationship if we grab the first place today.” Choa promised but Chanmi wasn’t in favor of what Choa is thinking.

 

“You better be kidding, unnie. If not I’m gonna kill you.”

 

“Just wait and see.” Choa winked and went to the table in the middle of the room.

 

~*~*~

 

AOA and the other artists are on the stage, AOA and Kyuhyun were at the front as they are both contestants for first place spot.

 

“The winner is, AOA ‘Like A Cat’!” The MC announced and handed them microphones to make the acceptance speech.

 

Chanmi became nervous as she didn’t know if Choa will really do it or not.

 

After Jimin’s super long acceptance speech, Choa grabbed the microphone from the leader and winked at Chanmi.

 

“Elvis! I have something to announce as well! I’m dating our maknae, your cutest nuna/dongsaeng/chingu Kim Chanmi! Our lovely Elvis, Daepyo-nim and FNC’s Witch please bless our relationship!” Choa kept her promise and announced their relationship.

 

The fans and the members had their eyes widened as they couldn’t seem to believe it. Choa grabbed Chanmi over to her side and planted a kiss on her cheek. Chanmi blushed so hard that her face looked like a fresh tomato.

 

After the announcement of their relationship, Choa and Chanmi were never awkward with each other on stage anymore.