[HYEJEONG X MINA] What You Don't Know

AOA One-Shot Collection

 

Characters: AOA

Word Count: 1173

Requested By: sooyoungiee

By: HYOYEONzxc


Prompt: Person A has a secret but doesn’t know how to tell Person B.

 

Hyejeong has been avoiding her team members for about a week now, she is even ignoring her best friend Mina. Everyone thought Hyejeong is just having her time of the month, and so they leave her alone. However, things are getting out of hand when Hyejeong flared up at Yuna once.

 

The girls are having breakfast before going for a photoshoot. Hyejeong is sitting two seats away from the girls, isolating herself. Mina scoots over to the seat next to Hyejeong, only to be meet by a word: “Don’t.”

 

Everyone is weirded out by Hyejeong. They are certain that they did not make Hyejeong angry.

 

Finally, everyone is ready and set to go.

 

“Hyejeong, will you tell us what is going on?” Jimin asks, before they enter the van.

 

“I requested for a separate car last night, so see you guys there.” Hyejeong replies, and goes into another car.

 

On the other hand, Mina is extremely devastated because Hyejeong is ignoring her. She doesn’t know why and she is dying to find out. 

 

Every time Mina goes near Hyejeong, the taller girl will move away.

 

Every time Mina tries to talk to Hyejeong, the taller girl will pretend to do something else.

 

Every time Mina tries to have skinship with Hyejeon, the taller girl will tell her to stop doing it and tells her to stop annoying her.

 

They used to be the closest in the team, doing everything together, hanging out together, sleeping together, eating together, gossip together, bully the team members together, cuddle together, and practice their choreography together. But not anymore, not when Hyejeong is ignoring her.

 

Once the girls reach the set, they see Hyejeong sitting at the farthest corner, reading magazine.

 

The girls spent about two to three hours doing their hair and makeup, when they are finally done, they hear the photographer shout, “Group shots first!” 

 

While doing the group shots, Hyejeong is clearly uncomfortable. She looks like she didn’t want to be there, she looks like she fought with her team members.

 

“Hyejeong, I need you to stand closer to Mina, or maybe, just put your arm around her shoulders,” The photographer said, prompting Hyejeong to look be more comfortable.

 

Mina thinks this is a great chance to interact with Hyejeong, since the photographer had voice out, the shorter girl thought Hyejeong will listen to him. However, she’s wrong.

 

“I’m sorry, I need a break.” Hyejeong throws her prop onto the floor and goes to the waiting room.

 

Whatever they say, Hyejeong will not go back onto the set except for her solo shots. The photographer couldn’t do anything, and thus resorting to photoshop Hyejeong in to their group shots.

 

Hyejeong had go on a separate car like how she did in the morning, when she opens the door, she is greeted by scenes like Yuna and Chanmi tickling each other on the couch, Choa and Jimin cuddling on the couch, Seolhyun carrying Mina on her back.

 

“Oh good gracious, will you all stop all these?” Hyejeong is clearly annoyed, the girls stop what they are doing and look at Hyejeong with a strange look.

 

Mina had enough, she had enough. She will not tolerate Hyejeong’s sudden attitude change and outburst anymore, she will settle everything with Hyejeong tonight once and for all. Mina doesn’t care if Hyejeong stop being her friend after tonight, but she had enough. She had enough of Hyejeong giving her cold shoulders and shows a disgusted look every time the members have skinships. She needs to know why.

 

“ENOUGH SHIN HYEJEONG! WHAT’S THE ING PROBLEM WITH YOU? YOU’VE BEEN TREATING US LIKE FOR THE PAST WHOLE WEEK. WE WILL SETTLE IT TONIGHT, SO SPILL YOUR OUT.” Mina’s outrage surprised the girls. They’ve never seen the bubbly Mina flare up. The girls sit back quietly, watching the two girls staring at each other. Hyejeong the bewildered look, Mina the “talk-or-I-will-kill-you” look.

 

Mina saw Hyejeong’s eyes swell up in tears. She feels sorry instantly and goes over to hug the taller girl. Hyejeong’s lower lip tremble and she hugs Mina back. After a good long cry, Hyejeong settles down and the group sit in a circle. Hyejeong is finally ready to talk to everyone, and the girls are ready to hear her out. In fact, they were ready long ago.

 

“Tell us your problem, Hyejeong. Tell us everything, yeah?” Mina holds Hyejeong’s hands, giving her courage.

 

“Yeah,” Hyejeong nods, and continue, “I’m sorry for being such a piss for the past week. I’m sorry for treating you guys like . I shouldn’t have done that. Before I continue, I hope you all can forgive me.” Hyejeong looks at each and every of her member.

 

They nod, and Hyejeong let out a smile of relieve.

 

“The reason why I acted like this is because I’m gay. I’m a lesbian. I like girls. But I don’t know how to react. I want to stop myself from liking girls but I couldn’t. I tried to distant myself from you all. I want to like boys, but I realise I am still attracted to girls even after trying to hang out with boys. I was flabbergasted, when I found out I’m gay. I don’t want to be gay, I want to learn how to be attracted to boys, but I am attracted to girls no matter how hard I try. And I am attracted to one specific girl. I fell in love with Kwon Mina,” Hyejeong turns her head to look at Mina, “I know you will freak out after this and stop being my friend and that is not what I want and I can’t lose you-“ Before Hyejeong finishes her sentence, Mina stops her by pulling her into a kiss. 

 

After a few seconds, Mina pulls out, “You silly girl, why are you so stupid? Who told you I will freak out after this? God knows how long I’ve a crush on you. I want you to tell us everything from now on, ok? I don’t want you to keep everything to yourself, I don’t want you to go through things by yourself. Tell me, tell us, we can and we will help you. You’re my girlfriend, I won’t let anything happen to you, I will protect you, if you let me. I love you so much.” Mina pulls the taller girl and let her snuggle into her neck.

 

The girls are touched and join the newly couple for a group hug.

 

“Thank you so much for not holding it against me when I was treating you guys like .” Hyejeong thank them again and this time she receive a knock on her head from Jimin.

 

“One more time you keep secret from us, my fist will land on your nose.” Jimin threatens, but hugs her again.” 

 

“No more secrets, no more, I swear.” 

 

Hyejeong feels like a big stone being lift off her heart. She’s loosen up and ready for a whole new adventure with her girlfriend.