[YUNA X CHANMI] - Happiest girl in the world

AOA One-Shot Collection

Characters: [Main] Kim Chanmi, Seo Yuna [Side] Shin Hyejeong

Genre: Romance

Word Count: 1122

 


 

“Ugh, she is calling again!” Yuna smashed her phone onto the floor and saw it separating into several pieces. The person that kept on calling Yuna is Hyejeong, Yuna’s older sister.

 

Yuna dislike her sister ever since she was young because of the favoritism her parents show towards Hyejeong. Hyejeong always gets the best, and Yuna gets the leftover. However, Hyejeong always tries to give the best to her younger sister and often gets mistaken by Yuna that she is just trying to be kind.

 

Yuna’s girlfriend, Chanmi is the sisters’ bridge. She tells what Yuna tells her to Hyejeong and vice versa. Yuna lives in a rented room, which are only a few units away from her family’s house.

 

The girl went to the nearest public phone to make a call to her girlfriend, telling her she doesn’t want a phone anymore.

 

“Hello, Chanmi?”
‘Yuna unnie?’
“I smashed my phone onto the floor and it’s broken now so I don’t have a phone. Are you free to meet now?”
‘Yes, see you in 30 minutes at our usual place unnie. I love you.’

 

Yuna is sitting on the bench waiting patiently for her baby girlfriend. She realized, not having a phone is also an advantage; it made her realize more about what is happening to her surroundings.

 

“Yuna unnie!” Chanmi shouted almost immediately when she saw Yuna.

 

“I missed you unnie!” Chanmi planted kisses on Yuna’s lips.

 

“I missed you too.” Yuna hugged Chanmi tightly.

 

“You don’t have a phone now… Should I buy you a new one?” Chanmi asked cutely.

 

“No, I don’t want a phone. Having a phone is too troublesome and annoying, they just keep on calling. I want some peace.”

 

“They? Is your Hyejeong unnie and your parents?”

 

“Don’t ask the obvious, Chanmi.” Yuna rolled her eyes.

 

“Why don’t you just talk to them nicely unnie? They really care a lot for you.”

 

“I’m not their daughter, remember? Hyejeong unnie is their only daughter.”

 

“Unnie! Don’t say that! Uncle and Auntie would be so hurt if they hear this.”

 

“I don’t care. Are you going to keep talking about this? If so, I’m leaving first.” Yuna stood up.

 

“Alright alright! Then how are we going to contact each other next time?”

 

“I’ll call you.” Yuna held Chanmi’s hand and brought her to somewhere else.

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

Yuna brought Chanmi to a mall. Turns out Yuna is currently teaching kids from 10-15 years old on how to sing and also kids who are interested in learning piano. That’s how Yuna get all her money from, by being a vocal and piano teacher.

 

“Unnie, how much do you earn per month?” Chanmi asked after Yuna’s lesson with a 10 year old girl.

 

“Mine isn’t a monthly income… It’s a daily income. One student is about $70.” Yuna said.

 

“WHAT?! $70?!?! How many students do you have now?” Chanmi looked at Yuna furiously.

 

“I have 5 now…” Yuna said shyly.

 

“Take these unnie. You need it.” Chanmi took out $1000 from her wallet and gave it to Yuna.

 

“No, I don’t need it. I can survive on my own using that income. Keep them Chan.”

 

“Are you sure? If you need money tell me okay?” Chanmi said, her eyes full of sadness seeing how Yuna is struggling with her life, obviously.

 

They went to a park and settled down on a bench.

 

“Chan, I’m sorry for making you suffer.”

 

“Don’t be sorry unnie! Dating you isn’t suffering. Dating you is the biggest blessing for me in my life.” Chanmi showed her toothy smile.

 

“Thank you so much.” Yuna gave Chanmi a loving kiss.

 

“Promise me something unnie, please start to accept your family… Okay? If you think that you’re making me suffer then I want you to have a good relationship with your family, and Hyejeong unnie, although it doesn’t make any sense as to what I’m saying hehe.”

 

“I can’t promise anything. C’mon, let’s send you home.”

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

Yuna reached home after sending her girlfriend home. She was walking along the corridor and saw Hyejeong watering the plants. She tried to walk pass her quickly.

 

“Yuna!” Hyejeong held Yuna’s arm but the younger girl glared at her.

 

“I’m sorry. We’ve discussed about you… You can move back into the house and I’ll move out. It sounds good, right?” Hyejeong said cheerily.

 

“You don’t have to. They’re happy staying with their daughter, so why let a stranger move in?” Yuna said sarcastically.

 

“Don’t say that! You’re my lovely sister, forever.”

 

“Never mind about that, do you want to come home for dinner tonight? Mummy cooked your favorite dishes. I can go out and dine if you’re uncomfortable with me having dinner with together.”

 

“It doesn’t make a difference. I’ll be there at 7.” Yuna said coolly.

 

“Does that mean I can have dinner with you?!” Hyejeong was so happy that she jumped up and down.

 

“Decided for youself.” Yuna had a faint smile on her face and that’s a first in a long time that Hyejeong saw Yuna’s smile.

 

Dinner

 

“Yuna, here’s your favorite sweet and sour pork.” Yuna’s mum put some food on her plate.

 

“Get some for your daughter too.” She said sarcastically and it made the whole atmosphere awkward.

 

‘Relax, Yuna. Remember what my cutest Mi Chan said.’

 

“Then eat this.” Yuna’s dad got her some food as well.

 

“Yuna, I don’t know how many times I’ve pleaded you about this but I’m not going to stop. Will you move back? Please.” Yuna’s mum pleaded her about it again and she saw those eyes filled with guilt. She looked at Hyejeong and her dad; she saw their eyes full of anticipation.

 

‘I want to stop making Chanmi suffer; I want to make her happy!’

 

“Wait for two months then.” Yuna said.

 

“Huh?” Many question marks appeared on top of their heads.

 

“I just paid the deposit for my rental for two months. I can’t back out now.” Yuna smiled again.

 

“Oh, okay okay! We understand! We’ll decorate your room in the meantime then!” Yuna’s dad, mom, Hyejeong couldn’t stop smiling that night. It was the happiest night for them.

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

Yuna is in her room, and she’s calling Chanmi using her landlord’s phone to tell her this piece of news.

 

“Mi Chan!”

 

‘Unnie?’

 

“I’m not gonna make you suffer anymore, I’m gonna make you the happiest person in this whole world!”

 

‘I don’t understand what you’re saying…?’

 

“What do you wish for me to do all the time?”

 

‘I wish you’d have a good relationship with your family?’

 

‘Wait… Don’t tell me?!’

 

“Yes! Hehehe.”

 

‘You’re the best unnie! I’m the happiest girl now!’

 

“Love you.”