[CHANMI X MINA] - You Were Warned.

AOA One-Shot Collection

 

Characters: Kim Chanmi, Kwon Mina

Genre: Angst

Word count: 1510

 

Requested by: OneTrueShip

 

 


 

 

Italic fonts: things that happened in the past

 

Kwon Mina was quiet the normal girl. She would do random activities like going to school, eat meals, play around with her friends or just play her bass guitar to ease off her boredom. Her apartment is small but comfortable enough for her live in alone. She lived alone because she ran away anonymously from her parents for being too strict to her, from Busan all the way to Seoul. Everything was normal before she ran away with all her stuff packed. And the worst part is that her parents isn't worried at all about her runaway stuff. That made Mina feel a lot better. She wants to live the carefree life. But now, everything has changed.

 

Kim Chanmi is quiet the normal girl. She still do her daily activities. She has a normal family, both of her parents and two sisters. Despite being in a young age of 18, she learned a lot about life lessons and also she's a blogger who has a blog for anonymous counselling. People who came to have some counselling with her DO feel better because of Chanmi's great support and they got cured from the kinds of problem they suffered from without knowing who their counsellor is. That's why it's called anonymous counselling. Until that one day. The day where everything has changed.

 

-

 

Mina walked on the sidewalks of Seoul streets alone. She's wearing a beige coat, simple white shirt underneath, thigh-length black skirt and white sneakers as her footwear. She doesn't care about her fashion sense as long as the topwear has long arms to cover her scars - she has been cutting for months. Since she moved to Seoul, everything was normal at once and slowly she has been suffering from depression with an unclear reason. Neither it's because of running away from her parents or other cause.

 

She carries a cutter with her everywhere. Whenever she feels depressed, she can just hide and carve more scars on her wrist. She always remember the flashback long time ago when she decide to cut herself.

 

-

 

"It's okay, Mina.. It's okay to cut." Mina muttered as her aimed the cutter hopelessly to her pale wrist. She was breathing heavily due to the pressure surrounding her. She held her breath in suspense, lips trembling and legs shaking. Mina closed her eyes tightly and bit her lip as she aimed the sharp object closer, slowly making a painful, deep red mark with some traces of blood. She breathed out a sigh as she feel her world slowly blurring and darkening.

 

But..

 

It was all a dream.

 

Mina startled and abruptly sat up from her nightmare. She's still breathing heavily, cold sweat flowing down her temples from her forehead and eyes widened out of fear. Mina glanced around her surroundings, making sure no one's there to kill her or something. "I've had this dream multiple times.." she spoke to herself. "Should I really do it?"

 

The girl looked at the cutter she put on the table nearby. "I'll be needing that sharp object." she muttered under her breath.

 

-

 

By the time Mina's depression got worse, she believes she will have the opportunity to herself to go counselling. Internet counselling to be exact. Things didn't turn out better because there were a lot of internet counselling blogs, and none of them fully cured Mina's problem. Either Mina's depression is too strong or the counselling website can't handle it. Until she find out Chanmi's counselling blog. Either things will get better, or even worse. One of the girls may be a victim, too. But we'll never know who.

 

-

 

Mina typed the link to Chanmi's blog with so much hope in her heart. She's sitting on her bed at 3 AM, the only light was coming out of her laptop screen. She's also been suffering from insomnia not long before her depression got worse. The blog only shows a column where you write your problem and send it right away to the counsellor anytime.

 

The poor girl typed:

 

"Hey. I am Kwon Mina. I suffer from depression and insomnia. I have been cutting for months. Should I die?"

 

and clicked 'Send' right away before she closed her laptop and drifted off to sleep.

 

Chanmi's laptop beeped as Mina's message arrived. She immediately reached out for it despite being in a comfortable sleep. Chanmi read the message with a solemn expression, eyes suddenly widened when she saw the 'Should I die?' thing. She often get these kind of things along with her anonymous counselling. She would say nice things and fortunately, her 'patients' didn't end up killing themselves. Will Mina be different from them?

 

Chanmi sighed softly before replying her message.

 

"No. You don't have to die. I am here for you!" Chanmi simply typed a reply with a light smile glued on her face.

 

Since Chanmi replied, Mina didn't reply for days. That makes Chanmi wonder if she's doing fine or just continuing to cut herself. Until Chanmi decided to send a message to her again. Hopefully, this time she will reply.

 

"Why are you not replying? :( Are you doing fine?" she typed, and unexpectedly a reply came out so quickly.

 

"no.. i want to have friends.. so someone can talk to me about my depression.."

 

The 2 girls continued to talk to each other.

 

[A/N: i'll just continue to write in the normal font for this part cuz it gets tiring for me to always do the italic one lol  || CM: Chan Mi M: Mina]

 

CM: if you want friends, let's be friends with me! my name is Chanmi

M: thx :) i have 1 friend now. my name is Kwon Mina.

CM: i will be happy to be friends with u :D

M: be careful if you get closer to me

M: my depression can affect you badly.

CM: ok.. so, what's ur problem?

M: i suffer from insomnia and depression.

CM: what makes you depressed?

M: it's an unexplainable cause. by the time i moved to Seoul from Busan, this started to happen.

CM: i'm sorry but..

CM: we must get closer in order to talk about this more deeply.

M: fine.

 

As the girls continued to chat, Chanmi unknowingly got closer to Mina, altough she have been warned. She doesn't worry much about it. She believes she won't get affected badly by Mina's depression. They chatted with each other every night, whether talking about Mina's problem or just talking about random things. Chanmi doesn't feel like a counsellor anymore talking this way with her. Until Mina asked Chanmi to meet up with each other.

 

-

 

Mina still walked down the sidewalks, going to the cafe where she told Chanmi to meet up.

 

She stopped to look up the name of the cafe, she nodded by herself and entered the cafe. She sat on a chair and ordered a table for 2. Minutes passed until she saw a girl who walked into the cafe, too. She would assume that is Chanmi.

 

Mina's heartbeat raced when she saw Chanmi approaching her, she eyed the girl with her big eyes. "A-Are you Kwon Mina?" Chanmi asked Mina nervously. Mina nodded slowly, still eyeing the girl with those big eyes. 'Damn, she's pretty and cute.' Mina thought. Chanmi had given a good first impression.

 

"Y-Yes.." Mina replied.

 

Chanmi smiled and immediately sat down on the opposite side where Mina is and started a conversation. "Are you strong enough to live?" she asked straight-forwardedly. Mina stopped talking for seconds. "No." she replied flatly. "But you know, I kinda love you to supportively counsell me. No one ever did that in my life before." Mina confessed, not looking at the younger girl's eyes. Chanmi wonders why Mina is acting like this in real life. None of her 'patients' had confessed something like this to her before. 

 

The younger girl quietly blushed, "I-I've always been supportive to anyone. But I think you're the one I've been the most supportive to. You make me feel comfortable." Chanmi said.

 

"I don't know why am I like this.." Mina hopelessly said.

 

Chanmi couldn't say anything.

 

"If I die, would you die with me?" Mina looked at the counsellor who was giving her confused eyes. Chanmi was speechless as she nodded absent-mindedly. Mina smirked a bit and took her hand to the cafe's quiet backyard.

 

She pinned Chanmi to the wall, one of her hands are around Chanmi's neck and one more is supporting weight onto the wall.

 

"You were warned before, Chanmi-ya." Mina moved her face closer to the younger one. "You were warned to not to get closer to me." she took out a sharp object from her pocket. Chanmi either smirked or screamed at the same time. She's unknowingly in love with Mina. "So, if you want both of us together forever.." Mina moved the cutter closer to Chanmi's hanging arm.

 

"We should die together too." Mina said as she leaned closer to kiss Chanmi on the lips, as the cutter she's been holding carved a bloody and painful wound on Chanmi's wrist. With blood flowing endlessly through her hands..

 

Before she did the same thing to herself.

 

'Now we're together'