[CHOA X SEOLHYUN] Merry or Miserable Christmas?

AOA One-Shot Collection

 

Characters: Choa, Seolhyun, Jimin, Hyejeong

Genre: Romance

Word Count: 862

Requested By: YoonAddict93

By: HYOYEONzxc

A/N: Sorry for any mistakes you spot!


“We’ll be there soon, yeah, in about twenty?” Choa speaks into the receiver on her phone while driving using her free hand and keeps stealing glances at her girlfriend Seolhyun, who is looking out of the window.

 

“Oh, erm, I’m bringing a friend home, remember? Yeah, Seolhyun, my best friend.” Choa smiles nervously, knowing how much Seolhyun dislikes when Choa refers to her as a friend.

 

“I’ll see you then? Alright, bye.” Choa ends the call, and chucks her phone aside.

 

“You know how naggy my mom is.” Choa chuckles awkwardly.

 

“Of course I know, I’m your best friend.” Seolhyun rolls her eyes.

 

The car pulls to a stop in front of the red light and Choa grabs Seolhyun’s hand, “We’ve been over this, Seol. My parents are not ready for another daughter-in-law.” Choa lets go of Seolhyun’s hand and continues to drive.

 

“Yeah, yeah, whatever.” Seolhyun plugs in her earphones and the rest of the journey was covered by a deafening silence.

 

Choa parks the car in front of her house and goes to the other side to open the door for Seolhyun.

 

“Thanks, best friend.” Seolhyun rolls her eyes for the umpteenth time at Choa.

 

When they enter the house, Choa’s mom, Song Im, greets them with hugs. “I missed you so much, my baby! How’s working life? And hello, you must be Choa’s best friend! Merry Christmas!” Song Im hugs the girls about a minute or more but it felt like eternity for Seolhyun.

 

Ugh, I hate that title so much.

 

“Hello, Auntie. Merry Christmas. How are you?” Seolhyun smiles when they break the hug.

 

Choa brings Seolhyun to the living room while Song Im continues to cook the last two dishes for dinner.

 

“Jimin, this is Seolhyun. Seolhyun, this is Jimin. My little sister.” Choa introduces Seolhyun and her sister to each other.

 

“And this is my wife, Hyejeong.” Jimin introduces her wife to Seolhyun.

 

Choa and Seolhyun sit opposite the couple. Seolhyun looks at Jimin and Hyejeong in envious. If only Jimin didn’t come out earlier than Choa. If only she could openly kiss Choa like how Hyejeong does to Jimin. If only Choa has the courage to come out to her parents earlier.

 

“Babe, you okay?” Choa asks, gently patting Seolhyun on the back of her hand.

 

“I need to use the toilet, excuse me.” Seolhyun remove Choa’s hand and tilt her head to the side.

 

Choa got the hint and guides Seolhyun to the toilet. Once the bathroom door is closed, Seolhyun grabs Choa and starts ing her shirt.

 

“What are you doing?” Choa asks, confused. Seolhyun is not doing it here.

 

“I want you.” Seolhyun replies with a deep and husky voice.

 

“We can’t do it here. We’re at my parents’.” Choa pushes Seolhyun away and buttons her shirt back.

 

“You’re a ing , Choa. I’m leaving.” Before Seolhyun gets to turn the doorknob, Choa pulls her back and gives her a deep and passionate kiss.

 

“I’ll tell them. Tonight. I promise you.” Both pant heavily, and after tidying themselves, they head back to the living room, just in time for dinner.

“So, are you enjoying yourself?” Choa’s dad, Ji Hoon, asks, looking at Seolhyun.

 

“Yeah, it’s really cosy here.” Seolhyun replies and look at Choa on her right.

 

“Uh, I, um… I have…” Choa stutters and drops her fork.

 

She picks back up and sees Seolhyun mouthing ‘tell her! Say it!’ to her. Choa gathers her courage.

 

“I, actually, mom, dad, I’m gay. Seolhyun is my girlfriend.” Choa intertwines her fingers with Seolhyun’s and paint on a nervous smile on her face.

 

“Well, we thought so.” Song Im puts her utensils down and smile at her girl.

 

“You and dad knew it long ago?” Choa asks with wide eyes.

 

“Yeah, well, you had little interests in boys since you were in twelve grade. You don’t even give little attention to the cute boy next door! I also notice you always check girls out when we’re outside. When boys try to hit on you, you give them a look of disgust. We were waiting for you to come out to us.”

 

“I’m so sorry for letting you down, mom, dad, Jimin. I know you’ve always wanted a son-in-law, but here we are, both giving you daughter-in-laws instead.” Choa looks down, but Seolhyun side hugs her.

 

“Oh c’mon, kid. As we age, we don’t care about who’s going to take over our company anymore. We just want both of you to be happy.” Ji Hoon softens, and Choa runs over to hug him.

 

“Thank god, I was so worried! I thought I will never come out. Thank you so much, mom and dad.” Choa is in so much joy she is crying.

 

“Merry Christmas?” Seeing it’s the best time to say the correct words, Hyejeong holds her glass of champagne up for a toast.

 

“Merry Christmas!” They all hold their glasses up for a toast.

 

“I love you.” Choa whispers and places a kiss on Seolhyun’s cheek.

 

“I love you, too.” But this time, Seolhyun places a kiss on Choa’s lips, everyone cheers for them and a shade of pink quickly appear on their faces.