[MINA X CHOA] - Grab Some Courage

AOA One-Shot Collection

Characters: [Main] Park Choa, Kwon Mina [Side], AOA

Genre: Fluff, Romance

Requested by: sooyoungiee

Word Count:  1370


 

“Kwon Mina, you’re such a useless kid. I… I give up.” Mina sat at the corner of her shared room, hugging her knees tight.

 

They were preparing for their debut single ‘Elvis’ but Mina kept on forgetting the choreography and lyrics. She started thinking if she is suitable for being an idol.

 

Mina wiped her tears and got up from the spot. She changed into a more formal outfit and went out of the room. Out of the room, she saw Yuna and Hyejeong playing tic-tac-toe, Jimin painting her nails, Chanmi reading her favorite comic book, Choa sweeping the floor and Seolhyun snacking on yoghurt bar.

 

‘Goodbye girls, goodbye my love Choa unnie… I’ll miss you so much.’

 

Yes, Mina is in love with Choa for a good four months now and nobody knows about it.

 

“Mina? Mina? Where are you going at such late timing?” Jimin the leader asked.

 

“I’m just going to the company to practice our choreography. I keep on forgetting them.” Mina lied and Choa didn’t look like she believed her.

 

“I’ll go with you, give me a sec.” Choa wanted to go change and accompany the girl but got stopped.

 

“It’s okay Choa unnie, I… need some time alone too.” Mina showed her innocent eyes and Choa gave a slight nod.

 

With that, Mina walked to the company alone since their dorm is around the area. Mina just hopes Choa would read the letter she wrote for her crush.

 

Choa sat on the couch and still felt that something is wrong with Mina. She normally asks help from Chanmi if she has any problem memorizing moves and never once she went to the company alone.

 

“Unnie! What’s wrong?” Jimin jumped on the couch beside Choa.

 

“I’m worried about Mina… Don’t you think something is wrong with her?” Choa asked.

 

“Don’t worry too much, maybe it’s because our debut date is nearer and Mina just wants to make sure she gets all the moves right as soon as possible.” Jimin tried easing her unnie’s mind.

 

“You’re right. Let’s go to sleep, practice starts at 8am in tomorrow morning.” Choa smiled at the younger girl.

 

-

 

Mina opened the door to the CEO’s office. She saw him looking through files and signing them after nodding a few times.

 

“Daepyo-nim.” Mina called out and CEO Han looked up at her.

 

“Oh Mina? Why are you here?” He asked, startled that the girl is there.

 

“I… I have something to tell you.” Mina bit her lips.

 

“You can tell me anything.” They went to the couch so Mina can talk comfortably.

 

“I want to quit.” Mina said bravely.

 

“Huh?” CEO Han looked at Mina with widened eyes, thinking if he heard her wrongly.

 

-

 

Choa walked into her shared room with Mina after ensuring that the main door is locked and lights are all off and of course after ensuring all her members are asleep.

 

After tossing and turning on the bed for 35 minutes, Choa gave up sleeping and went to the makeup table.

 

She looked down and finally saw the letter Mina written.

 

‘To my loving Choa unnie, this is Mina… I’m so sorry that I have to give you this letter. By the time you see this, I have left already. I shouldn’t even have the thought of being an idol. It is just wrong. The purpose of me going to the company is not to practice, but to tell CEO Han that I want to quit from being an AOA member. I’m so sorry. There is something I’ve kept for months and dare not tell anyone. I… I’m in love with you Park Choa. I love you so much but you don’t seem to notice me all the time. I hope we meet again. This is our last goodbye. Goodbye. – Kwon Mina’

 

“Kwon Mina… You’re a big idiot.” Choa ran out of the room and shouted for all her members to come out.

 

“AOA!!!!!!” Choa shouted at the top of her voice.

 

“What happened…” Jimin said sleepily as she was the first to come out from her room.

 

Choa waited until everyone is present and was ready to tell them.

 

“Mina… She wrote me a letter telling me she’s going to the company to quit.” Choa said to her members.

 

They either had their eyes widened, or mouths forming an ‘O’ shape.

 

“What should we do now Choa unnie?” Hyejeong asked sadly, thinking about her friend.

 

“I’ll fix this. Go back to sleep everyone and I promise you’ll see Mina tomorrow at practice.” They listened to their eldest unnie and went back to their room.

 

-

 

“Are you sure about this Mina?” CEO Han asked.

 

“Yes. I’m not cut out to be an idol, I know. I know I’ll never succeed in this idol path. I’ll pay the penalty fees.” Mina looked down, about to cry.

 

“It’s not about the penalty fees, Mina. If you leave, who will replace your position?”

 

“It’s not important. AOA can debut as a six member girl group. I’m not the lead singer, main vocal, lead dancer of main dancer so it’s okay.”

 

“Min—” CEO Han was being cut off when they heard the door banged open.

 

It was Choa panting heavily behind the door.

 

“Choa unnie?” Mina murmured.

 

“Sorry for this Daepyo-nim. Mina won’t quit.” Choa said and bowed.

 

“Unnie!” Even before Mina could say anything, she was being dragged out by Choa.

 

Choa dragged Mina to a school.

 

“Why are we here?” Mina asked.

 

“To let you grab some courage. Let’s go.” Choa winked and held Mina’s hand.

 

They were at the rooftop and Choa was busy looking for something.

 

“Woah! They’re still here!” Choa shouted when she found what she was looking for. It’s a Mickey blanket.

 

“What’s that unnie? And where is this place?” Choa placed the blanket on the floor and told Mina to sit on it so it would be warm.

 

“This, is where I used to grab my courage when I’m disheartened!” Choa proudly said.

 

“Grab your courage…?” Mina said looking confused.

 

“Yes. Look at the sky. Those stars look like they are so close to you isn’t it?”

 

“When I’m discouraged, I look at the sky and tell myself, one day I will reach the stars.”

 

“Do this with me Mina. Grab the stars.” Choa stretched her hand and act like she is grabbing the stars. Mina looked at Choa weirdly.

 

“I know. I know everything Mina.” Choa side hugged Mina.

 

“What do you know??” Mina became nervous all of a sudden.

 

“I love you.” Choa confessed and planted a light kiss on Mina’s lips.

 

No words came out of Mina’s mouth, only a bright smile casted on her face.

 

“Grab some courage here, and I’ll see you tomorrow at our practice room.” Choa winked again and kissed Mina’s back palm.

 

-

 

The next morning, all the members are at the practice room except for Mina. Everyone except Choa look so worried, some even had tears in their eyes, thinking that Mina really left AOA.

 

“Everyone! Don’t worry, that kid will come for practice.” Choa reassured them but all they could do is to wait.

 

“Annyeong!” A girl opened the door and jumped into the room. Of course, it’s Kwon Mina.

 

“MINA!!!” Everyone shouted and pulled Mina into a group hug.

 

“We really thought you are going to quit!” Jimin spanked Mina’s buttock.

 

“Don’t worry, I’ve grabbed some courage last night so am going to try harder this time!” Mina said but only Choa knows what she’s talking about.

 

“Huh? Grab some courage?” Yuna looked at Mina confusedly.

 

“It’s between me and my girl! Faster get ready!” Choa kicked Yuna’s buttock and everyone cooed at Choa and Mina.

 

“Ah… So it seems like someone is someone’s girl now…” Seolhyun gave the members her knowing eyes.

 

“Yes yes, Mina and I are together now. Get ready before I spank all of your buttocks!” Right after threatening them, Choa showed Mina her eyesmile and the younger girl literally melted.

 

From then, whenever Mina feels like giving up, she would go to Choa’s ex-school to ‘grab some courage’.