[SEOLHYUN X HYEJEONG] - My Everything

AOA One-Shot Collection

 

Characters: Kim Seolhyun, Shin Hyejeong

Genre: Drama (lol sorry i can't write fluff at the moment)

Word count: 1382

 

Requested by: JMagayanes

 

 


 

 

 

What's so calming and soothing about the rain? Yes, it's the sound of water droplets quietly hitting on your window, roof or maybe your hair. Shin Hyejeong loves rain. Kim Seolhyun loves rain. For Hyejeong, the rain is like a precious chance for her to see the girl she always adored in her life - Kim Seolhyun. For Seolhyun, the rain is where she finds peace. Once it's raining, she stood alone at her apartment's outdoor tennis court. The next thing is she might feel cold, slender arms hugging her waist from behind - those arms belong to a wide-smiling girl - Shin Hyejeong.

 

But that was all in the past.

 

-

 

Only wearing her favorite loose denim shorts and white sleeveless tank top, Kim Seolhyun stood at the tennis court alone. The gentle rain showering her wasn't even a problem. She held her tennis racket handle tightly, slightly squeezing the rainwater out of it. With some tennis balls bouncing off the court without restraint, Seolhyun can just stood still, realizing she had only loneliness. 

 

Despite the cold rainwater that wetted her from head to toe, Seolhyun didn't shiver. Her hot emotions kept her kind of warm. She's always been emotional since she got into a fight with her closest - too close that she assumed her as her 'more than a best friend' friend. But that was all a few months ago. They haven't talked to each other. Even just a simple one-second eye contact when they coincidentally met.

 

She was her roommate. She bought another room in the apartment after she got into a fight with Seolhyun. She did all that just to avoid Seolhyun. Their memories? It's simple, it's just playing in the rain together. The rain made both of them had so much memories. Seolhyun missed them. Her ex-roommate, Hyejeong, missed them too.

 

"I regret. I regret that I got into a fight with you, Shin freaking Hyejeong." Seolhyun muttered as the rain got heavier. "What's so special about you anyway? You're just a crappy adorable dork." she said. She kind of hated her. But still, the things to love about Hyejeong is unforgettable. "Aaaaahh!!!" Seolhyun shouted her burning heart out, letting those emotions go out. She threw the tennis racket hardly, it hits the ground with an unpleasant noise. She groaned as she went down on her knees. She thought about her memories with Hyejeong.

 

FLASHBACK:

 

"Hyejeongieee~~~" Seolhyun called the girl who's sitting lazily on the apartment's couch cutely.

 

Hyejeong turned her head, "Hey! Where have you been?"

 

Seolhyun approached and plopped down the couch, sitting beside Hyejeong. "You know, our place."

 

Hyejeong raised a brow, "Our place? You mean the tennis court?" she grinned, playfully pinching Seolhyun's cute nose. Seolhyun giggled, responding from the nose pinching. "Yes! You want to go there?"  she offered. Hyejeong nodded and got on her feet. "Let's go?" she lended a hand to Seolhyun before the younger girl accepted it. The two then walked together to the tennis court.

 

"Woaaahhh~~ the weather is so windy!!!" Hyejeong shrieked childishly, jumping here and there. "It's usually windy before it rains, right?" Seolhyun said. The wind made their hair swayed here and there. The wind also made the 2 girls feel alive. "Why don't we play tennis, Seol?" Hyejeong said, lending a well-conditioned tennis racket. Seolhyun turned to look at the object and nodded. "Let's play!" she exclaimed, walking to the opposite side of Hyejeong.

 

The girls played cheerfully. Even until it started to rain.

 

Hyejeong felt rain drops landing on her hair. She lifted her hand. Indeed, it was drizzling. "Uh-oh. Seol, it's raining...Shall we continue play???" her slight frown morphed to a wide grin. The younger girl jumped, "Yes!!! Playing in the rain is more fun!!" she exclaimed. At first, it drizzled a little, but it started to rain heavily later. Despite the cold rainwater showering them, Seolhyun and Hyejeong can just feel happy and lively. They don't even care if they got sick.

 

Seolhyun smiled as she looked at Hyejeong. Her tennis skills are so good. It makes her love her more. "Hyejeongie~can we take a rest?" Seolhyun stared at Hyejeong with puppy eyes. Hyejeong can't help but smile from extreme cuteness. "Of course." she nodded. The 2 then walked and sat under the roofed bench. "You're so wet." [A/N: LOL THAT SOUNDS VERY ERTED XD] Hyejeong wiped the rainwater from Seolhyun's face, chest and arms.

 

Seolhyun startled because of Hyejeong's sudden action. "Don't wipe my chest that way~" Seolhyun whined cutely, removing Hyejeong's hands. "But I know you like it that way." a wide grin plastered on Hyejeong's face. Seolhyun's ears turned pink after that. Hyejeong could be y on her sometimes.

 

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

A lone tear escaped Seolhyun's eye. She missed the things Hyejeong did to her after they play, including the way she wiped the rainwater from her chest.

 

"W-Why do I even know you? I know you just to end up like this? If there's no you, my mood wouldn't be like this the whole time." she clenched her teeth tightly as fresher tears flowed out.

 

Whether if she's sad or happy, it's always good to be in the rain. When she's happy, she could live her life out of happiness. When she's sad, crying in the rain doesn't make you look like you're crying.

 

She cried for a few more minutes with the rain constantly showering her. After she had enough, she stood back up. Eyes teary and red, still sobbing. 

 

But then cold, slender arms came to wrap themselves around Seolhyun's lower body. 

 

Seolhyun's heartbeat raced. Even she felt it skipped a beat. She froze in place, not moving a muscle. The arms hugged her tightly, then she felt a head leaning on her back as well. Why back? Why not shoulder or neck? This makes Seolhyun wonder. "H-Hyejeong??" she called nervously, not turning her head. There's no response. Seolhyun finally turned her head.

 

And she saw Hyejeong. Still hugging her waist. Sitting on a wheelchair. Seolhyun widened her eyes. She's trying to speak, but just opened and closed as words aren't able to come out. She's completely wondering why Hyejeong was on a wheelchair with gips around her left leg and left arm. Maybe this is why Hyejeong isn't able to put her head on Seolhyun's shoulder or neck.

 

Hyejeong looked up. She has regret and sadness in her eyes. "I'm really sorry." she apologized.

 

Seolhyun crouched down to be the same height as Hyejeong. She slowly and carefully held Hyejeong's injured hand, staring at her dark brown eyes. "Sorry for what? I'm the one who supposed to be sorry..."

 

Seolhyun glanced at Hyejeong's gips, "And what happened to your arm and legs?" she asked worriedly. Hyejeong signhed and looked down, "I injured myself after playing tennis by myself... I fell down and--" "Stop." Hyejeong's words were cutted off as Seolhyun put a finger to her trembling lips. "Stop. No. I won't hear it. It hurts me." Seolhyun said, then continue to hug Hyejeong as she buried her face on her wet shoulder.

 

Hyejeong put her hand on Seolhyun's back, rubbing it in circles. "I'm the one who supposed to be sorry, Seol. I'm the one who started the argument." Hyejeong broke the hug, wiping Seolhyun's tears.

 

The younger girl hung her head low, still crouching. It seemed to stop raining now. "Hyejeong... can we please be like what we are like that time?" Seolhyun said as a warm smile formed on Hyejeong's face. "Of course, Seolhyun. Of course." she said, Seolhyun's wet hair softly.

 

Seolhyun looked up with an excited smile. "I will take care of you. You take care so much of me back then, now it's my turn. I will always be by your side. I will cheer you up even when you're in your most difficult times. Overall, I can say that you're my everything." she said before the older girl's face turned red. Looking at each other's eyes deeply...

 

Hyejeong leaned in for a sweet, passionate kiss.

 

Hyejeong thought,

 

"You're my everything, too."

 

[A/N: yeah.. i wrote this when i'm in hyejeong's condition here... i have gips on my left arm, but none on my legs lol. i still can't believe i wrote this long tho. get well soon me. :(