[CHOA X JIMIN] I Can't Sleep

AOA One-Shot Collection

 

Characters: Choa, Jimin, Yuna

Word Count: 829

Requested By: typicaltaeyeon

By: HYOYEONzxc


Choa wakes up in the middle of the night feeling thirsty, she walks out of her room and sees the door to Yuna’s room slightly open. As she’s nearing the room, her girlfriend walks out of Yuna’s room and closes the door quietly.

 

“Hey, Jimin, what are you doing?” Choa could see Jimin jumped a little, getting scared by her presence.

 

“Nothing, just checking up on Yuna, making sure she’s sleeping well.”

 

“That girl ate her medicine, she sure is sleeping well. Why don’t you get some sleep? You’ve been checking on Yuna ever since we got back from KBS.” Choa knows what is Jimin thinking. She feels guilty because of what happened to Yuna.

 

“I can’t sleep.” Jimin sits on the couch, Choa joins her and makes Jimin rest on her chest while she wraps her arms around the leader.

 

Neither of them talk. They stay there silently for a few minutes until Jimin feels more comfortable and speaks up.

 

“There’s this guilt in me that’s trying to eat me up.” Jimin holds on to her chest, her tears soaking Choa’s shirt.

 

Choa pulls Jimin’s hands away and kisses them. “Hey, hey. Listen. Yuna is strong, she’ll get through this. Besides, it’s not your fault that she fell, okay?” Choa plants kisses on Jimin’s dampened cheeks.

 

“I’m the leader, I’m supposed to make sure my girls get off the stage safely! I should be walking behind them to make sure they’re safe!”

 

“Yuna was tired, she probably missed her steps. She can be clumsy at times, we know it. She’ll be okay, trust me, kay? Why don’t you go get some sleep?” Choa brushes Jimin’s hair and rubs her back in a circular motion.

 

“I really can’t sleep, unnie.”

 

“Then, why don’t we watch some movies? I can’t sleep too. I’ll go microwave some popcorns, you get the blankets and pillows.” Jimin nods, she figures watching movies with her girlfriend is better than having a million thoughts going through her mind, making her feel sick.

 

Movies after movies, the couple are still awake. Choa trying hard to keep her eyes open and Jimin still not feeling sleepy. Choa even wonders what is keeping Jimin from sleeping.

 

The popcorn bowl is empty and they finished their drinks long ago. Jimin walks to the kitchen to refill their cups and sees Yuna, her hand up against the wall and she’s trying to walk slowly.

 

“Yuna! Are you okay? Why are you up at this hour? Are you in pain? Is your ankle hurting? Should I call the ambulance? Do you need anything?” Jimin puts down the cups and Choa rushes towards the two girls.

 

“Jimin unnie, relax, I’m fine. I’m just thirsty and my bottle is empty.” Yuna waves her bottle in front of the leader’s face.

 

Jimin lets out a deep breath and takes the bottle from Yuna to help her refill it.

 

While Jimin is in the kitchen, Yuna nudges Choa.

 

“Is Jimin unnie okay? Why are you guys still up?” Yuna whispers.

 

“She can’t sleep. I’m worried she may think too much so I stayed up with her.”

 

“Is it because of me?” Yuna asks again, this time guilt taking over her. She should’ve been more careful while leaving but she didn’t.

 

“Yeah, she blames herself.”

 

Jiimin goes back to the duo and hands Yuna her bottle. “Let’s get you back to your room.”

 

Yuna refuses to move, “You guys were watching movies without me. I wanna watch movies too.” Yuna pouts and she knows when she does that, the whole world melts.

 

“Are you sure? You look tired.” Jimin gives Yuna the doubtful eyes.

 

“I slept since six! I need to be up in two hours to take my medicine anyways.”

 

“Alright. Walk slowly.” Jimin helps Yuna to the couch while Choa microwaves more popcorn.

 

While watching the Disney movie that Yuna picked, Jimin can’t stop looking at Yuna. She’s observing Yuna to make sure she doesn’t feel any discomfort. Yuna whom obviously knows that Jimin has been watching her more than the movie, paused the movie.

 

“Jimin unnie.” Yuna said, “you’re supposed to watch the movie, not me! I’m fine, really. This injury won’t stop me from doing anything. You have to give this amazing movie your 100% attention!” Yuna pouts again, and Jimin’s eyes start to water.

 

“Hey… Don’t cry. I promise you I will get better soon.” Yuna brushes the leader’s hair and looks over at Choa who fell asleep soundly halfway through the movie.

 

“Look at Choa unnie, should we draw on her face?” A sleeping, drooling Choa has channelled the prankster in Yuna to come out in the middle of the night.

 

“Psh, what happened to ‘I can’t sleep too.’?” Jimin imitates Choa.

 

Both drew moustaches on Choa’s face, a ‘LOVE’ on her left cheek and ‘AOA’ on her right.

 

After having a little fun, they resumed their movie and both watch movies until they slowly fall asleep on the couch