[MINA X YUNA] Enemies >>>> Lovers

AOA One-Shot Collection

Characters: Yuna, Mina

Genre: Angst, Romance

Word Count: 2485

Requested by: panJYsone


.

.

.

.

.

 

“…Yuna and Mina.” 

 

“Wtf?!” Mina and Yuna shouted at the same time.

 

“Language, girls.” Their homeroom teacher, Ms Kim said.

 

The two girls look at each other and then back to their best friend next to them. They were assigned to a project and have to do it in pairs, the partners are pre-assigned to the class.

 

“Chanmi! Please look for Ms Kim after school and tell her you want me to be your partner!” Yuna commanded.

 

“Yuna-ya, Ms Kim is not going to change! Besides, that annoying brat Jimin won’t let go of me, you know how much she likes me.” Chanmi rolled her eyes and saw Jimin sending winks at her.

 

“Then you expect me to work with Mina when we basically hate each other so much?!” Yuna said.

 

“Learn to accept her Yuna, you can’t be hating her all the time!” Chanmi tries to persuade her.

 

On the other hand, “Seolhyun! Tell Ms Kim to change my partner later!” Mina folded her arms angrily.

 

“Why do you hate Yuna though? I think she’s pretty kind!” Seolhyun then look behind Yuna, and found her pouting.

 

“This is not the time to be admiring your crush! How about… We switch our partners secretly?” Mina’s eyes were beaming but Seolhyun shook her head.

 

“Ms Kim will send us to hell if we do that!” Seolhyun said.

 

“Looks like I have to do it myself.” Mina said.

 

After class, Yuna finished her lunch with Chanmi and went towards Ms Kim’s office’s direction. Mina, on the other side of the direction is also heading towards the office.

 

“Great, I see that you also came to request a change of partners.” Yuna smirked and went into the office first.

 

“What’s with that disgusting smirk?!”

 

“Ms Kim,” Yuna bowed a little, “I want to switch partners with Jimin and work with Chanmi for the project.”

 

“Hmm… It seems that Mina also came here regarding this?” Ms Kim took out her spectacles, “No.” She said.

 

“Why?” Yuna and Mina asked at the same time and rolled their eyes at each other.

 

“Aren’t you guys tired of hating on each other? This is a good chance of becoming friends with each other!” Ms Kim said, apparently she is the only one that is excited.

 

“C’mon, work together as partners, and ease the tension between the both of you.” Ms Kim  hung her hands over their shoulders.

 

Yuna walked out of the office first, followed by Mina. The taller girl was waiting at the classroom for her enemy.

 

“Where do you want to do the project? My place or your place?” Yuna asked coldly.

 

“Anything.” Mina also replied coldly.

 

“My place then. My chauffeur will be here soon. See you at the gate.” Yuna carried her backpack and went down first even though the route they’re going is the same.

 

Mina began thinking if she should ease the tension between them, like what Ms Kim said to them. She, too, is tired of hating on Yuna.

 

They arrived at Yuna’s house without talking to each other at all during the journey. Mina was awed by Yuna’s house, it was two bungalows together. Mina was busy studying the design of the house all the way until they reached Yuna’s room.

 

“The house’s a bit big, so it must be tired for you.” Yuna said, trying to show off that she has a big house.

 

“Psh. At least my house is more warming—“ Mina realised what she said was a little too much, she observed Yuna’s expression and swore that she saw Yuna’s eyes swell up. She felt sorry for what she said.

 

“You’re right. The house’s so big and empty, just like my heart.” Yuna said, but then realised she talked too much. She went to pour a cup of water for her project mate.

 

While Yuna was gone, Mina walked around Yuna’s room, looking at everything. She realised there were many photos of Yuna and a girl, which Mina assumed that it’s her older sister because she resembles her so much. Mina began to get curious about what Yuna meant just now.

 

Mina spotted a small bottle of perfume, she opened the cap and smelled it, the smell is so special and nice, she never smelled that before.

 

“KWON MINA PUT THAT—“ Before Yuna could finish her sentence, the small bottle of perfume Mina was holding on smashed into small pieces on the floor. Mina dropped the bottle out of shock.

 

“WHO SAID YOU COULD TOUCH MY THINGS?! DO YOU KNOW HOW PRECIOUS THIS PERFUME IS?!” Yuna shouted and finally showed her tears.

 

“I’m sorry… I was shocked so it dropped out of my hands… Are you alright?” Mina tried getting nearer to Yuna.

 

“Stand right there, don’t come nearer. I don’t think I can do the project today, leave the house now.” Mina obeyed what Yuna said and left as fast as her legs could bring her. Yuna looked like she was about to explode and Mina was so scared. Yuna looked fiercer than the first time she dirtied Yuna’s notebook.

 

On the first day of school, Yuna was sitting at the cafe while waiting for her best friend Chanmi. She took out her notebook and and doodle something on it. She turned to the cover page and saw what her mum drew for her. It’s a sketch of her family together.

 

Before Yuna could turn the pages back to the page where she doodled on, a girl in front of her screamed and before Yuna could even took her notebook away, it was covered with coffee.

 

Yuna looked at the girl angrily and shouted at her. She grabbed her notebook and went to the rooftop. Mina didn’t know why she was so angry and tried to apologise to her in class when she found out they’re in the same class, but Yuna refused to speak to her. From then on, they’re like enemies. always glaring at each other, shouting at each other, talking down on each other.

 

 

*

 

 

The next day, Yuna didn’t turn up for school. Mina was concerned and went to ask Chanmi.

 

“Chanmi-ah, do you know why Yuna didn’t come to school today?” Mina asked politely. Chanmi was friendlier than Yuna so Mina was at ease.

 

“Erm… I don’t know, I tried calling her but she won’t pick up my calls. Did something happen yesterday at her house? I heard you went to her house to do the project.” Chanmi said, also feeling worried.

 

“Yeah… I broke a small bottle of perfume of hers…” Mina said and hung her head low.

 

“By any chance is that bottle like the size of my thumb and has a blue colored cap?” Chanmi asked.

 

“Yes yes! You saw that bottle of perfume before too?”

 

“I’m not sure if I’m supposed to say this but all I can tell you is that the perfume is very, very, very, important to her. No wonder she isn’t picking up my calls… I’ll go to her house, do you want to come with me?” Chanmi asked, she always thinks that Mina is a very sweet and kind girl.

 

“Yes!!” Mina took her bag and together, they skipped the day’s lesson which surprised Seolhyun because she thought Mina always hated the girl to the core.

 

 

The girls arrived at Yuna’s house, the gate opened and revealed a worried girl. Mina recognised her, she’s the girl in Yuna’s photo frames in her room.

 

“Hyejeong unnie! Where is Yuna?” Chanmi said to the older girl, Hyejeong.

 

“She’s in her secret room and refused to come out, I smelled a lot of flowery and fruity smell, I think she is mixing some perfume oils. By the way, who is she?” Hyejeong asked when she finally noticed Mina with a worried expression.

 

“Ah, unnie, she is Kwon Mina, the one who made Yuna like this. Mina, she is Yuna’s sister.” Chanmi said but immediately tried to make Mina feel better.

 

“Oh. Kwon Mina… Sounds familiar… Ah! You’re the one who dirtied Yuna’s notebook too?” 

 

“Yes… I’m so sorry…” Mina’s voice was full of guilt.

 

“It’s fine.” Hyejeong ruffled Mina’s hair.

 

The three of them went to Yuna’s secret room, the room is filled with many perfume oils and essential oils. It’s also Yuna’s most precious room that she has never let anyone stepped in other than Chanmi and Hyejeong. 

 

“Yuna?” Chanmi knocked on the door.

 

“Door’s not locked.”

 

They heard what Yuna said and immediately opened the door. Yuna looked up and saw her enemy, she put down her things and stood up.

 

“Kwon Mina you stand right there. Don’t even try to move an inch. You wanna drop another perfume oil of mine?” Yuna said and Mina obeyed her. She really stood there and doesn’t even dare to move.

 

“Yuna-ya… What are you doing the whole day in this room?” Chanmi asked and pat on Yuna’s head.

 

“I’m trying to mix the exact same perfume that umma left me, but I just can’t seem to do it!” Yuna held her head and was about to cry.

 

“Baby, take it easy. You can’t force yourself. Take some time and I believe you’ll mix the same smell one day.” Hyejeong hugged her little sister and signalled them to leave first.

 

“I’ll see you tomorrow in school okay?” Chanmi said.

 

“B—bye…” Mina said softly, Yuna heard her but refused to reply.

 

 

*

 

 

Yuna reached the class early, she took out the small bottle of perfume oil she mixed all night. Something is missing and is trying to figure it out. 

 

“Yuna! Is this the bottle of perfume oil you mixed all night?” Chanmi arrived after Yuna told her to come to school earlier. She took off the cap and smelled it.

 

“Hmm… Something is missing but I can’t put a finger to it.” Chanmi scratched her head cutely.

 

“I thought so too..” 

 

“Kim Chanmi! We need to double check our project!” Jimin shouted from the door and Chanmi groaned.

 

Just then, Mina walked in with some chocolate bread that she always sees Yuna eating. She approached her carefully as Yuna had her head on the table.

 

“Yuna…” Mina called out softly.

 

“What?” The first thing Yuna did was to glare at the girl.

 

“I brought some chocolate bread for you.” Mina put the bread on the table.

 

Yuna hesitated for awhile, she didn’t want to be friends with Mina, but she’s hungry as hell. Yuna took the bread and saw Mina smiling happily, she thought that was quite cute.

 

“Is this the perfume oil that you mixed? Can I smell it?” Mina asked and clasped her hands together, hoping that Yuna would say yes.

 

Yuna thought for awhile and told herself that it should be fine.

 

“Go ahead.”

 

“A~~~~SSA!” Mina punched her fist into the air which made Yuna laughed.

 

“This is the first time I saw her laugh… So cute!”

 

Mina smelled the perfume and was trying to compare the one she broke in her mind.

 

“There is something missing…” Mina thought for awhile, “Ah! I think I know what’s missing!” Yuna jumped out of her chair and grabbed Mina tightly when she heard what the girl said.

 

“REALLY? YOU KNOW WHAT’S MISSING? TELL ME!” Yuna shook Mina’s shoulders.

 

“I think it’s citrus essential oil… There should be a few drops of citrus oil in it because when I smelled it, it feels so refreshing and therapeutic!” Mina said and flashed her eyesmile.

 

“Citrus essential oil…? It’s hard to get it nowadays…” Yuna pouted, she thought her wish to mix another of her mum’s perfume is shattered.

 

“Follow me to a place after class.” Mina winked, Yuna didn’t know why she felt something going through her body, she can’t be falling in love with Mina just because she helped her.

 

 

After Class

 

 

“Where are we going?” Yuna asked.

 

“Don’t ask so much!” Mina smiled and grabbed Yuna’s hands.

 

They stopped in front of a shophouse. Mina stopped Yuna before going in.

 

“Why?” Yuna’s eyes widened.

 

“Promise me something.” 

 

“…Okay??”

 

“If I managed to get you a bottle of citrus essential oil, will you be my friend?” Mina asked and Yuna could sense her sincerity. 

 

Yuna thought for awhile as she thought of pranking Mina, she saw the shorter girl pouting, “Okay. I’ll be your friend.” Yuna finally burst into laughter.

 

Mina brought Yuna into the store and told the ahjumma to give her a bottle of what they needed. 

 

“You should really cherish this small little bottle of essential oil, it’s really precious to this young girl.” The ahjumma said which made Yuna curious as to what she meant.

 

“She’s my umma.” Mina said, “This bottle of essential oil is the first bottle of oil that I made on my own. It took me around four months to do it, I did it fully on my own, so I’m giving it to you now.” Mina held Yuna’s hands and something went through her body, just like what Yuna felt just now.

 

“You’re really giving it to me?” Yuna asked, she knows how precious it is to Mina. She knows how it felt.

 

“Yes. C’mon! Let’s add this into the one you mixed and see if it smells the same!” With that, they went to Yuna’s house to continue mixing it.

 

Yuna added the citrus oil into the bottle and was praying hard that it’ll turn out well and the same as her mum’s. Yuna opened the cap and smelled it, she cried as it was exactly the same.

 

“WE DID IT MINA!” Yuna started jumping up and down as she hugged the girl tightly. Mina lifted Yuna up and she was as happy.

 

“YAY!” The small celebration continued and finally the girls are tired. They broke the hug and came face to face with each other, such that their faces are less than 5cm apart.

 

Mina closed the gap between their faces and gave Yuna a kiss. The kiss shocked them as they never knew they would become lovers.

 

“Yuna, what happened to your mum…?” Mina asked carefully and this time, Yuna let her guards down as she know Mina would protect her and never hurt her.

 

“My parents died together in a car crash. That explains why my room only has photos of me and Hyejeong unnie. The bottle of perfume oil and the notebook that you dirtied are the only things that my mum left me with. So I’m particularly upset about it.” Yuna pouted which Mina finds her so incredibly cute.

 

“I’m sorry… I’m terribly sorry.” Mina finally let her tears roll down but Yuna wiped them off.

 

“I bet umma sent such a troublemaker kid to make me move on and stop holding on to her.” Mina realised what Yuna meant and they both laughed loudly. Yuna was glad that Mina helped her move on, although not in a very good way.


[A/N: Welp, that escalated quickly! XD]