[SEOLHYUN X HYEJEONG] - Fooled by Jealousy

AOA One-Shot Collection

 

 

 

Characters: Shin Hyejeong, Kim Seolhyun, Kwon Mina.

Genre: idk what of genre is this

Word count: 1608

 

 


 

 

Kim Seolhyun. The cold-looking girl outside, but she's really a sweet and caring girl inside. She just doesn't want people know this thing about her. It's like her 'hidden treasure'. She's always alone. Not because of bullying or something, but it's just that she loves to be alone. She gets friend-jealous really easily and if she's really jealous, she would do things to her 'target', but then she won't admit that she's actually jealous. She has a secret crush on Shin Hyejeong.

 

Shin Hyejeong. She's the girl who has a lot of friends, unlike Seolhyun. A lot of boys or maybe girls has a crush on her, but she's not the type of girl who acts all sassy and arrogant, she can just smile and be happy that boys has a crush on her. Her faithful best friend is Kwon Mina, they hang out a lot together. They're more than best friends, but they're not dating, of course.

 

Kwon Mina. The hyper and random girl who loves to disturb her friends, but sometimes she cares and helps them, too. As Hyejeong's best friend, of she loves her. She knows how to control a good atmosphere, or maybe she could ruin it. She loves to disturb and fool around Seolhyun because she thinks she has the most fun when she does this with Seolhyun. She also has a hidden ability to  spy on people.

 

-

 

After school, Seolhyun watched two girls behind a wall of the school's canteen, eyes filled with jealousy. She's watching Hyejeong and Mina who was scanning Mina's laptop's screen, they're visiting some random online shop that sells random things. She always know Mina loves random and weird things, just like her personality, weird and random.

 

"Mina-ya, look at this couple jacket!! It has random cartoon characters on them!! Should we order this?" Hyejeong pointed to a column that shows a picture of the jacket.

 

Mina looked closer, "Meh, too expensive." she said then continue to scroll down.

 

Seolhyun watched them again for the next minutes, she's feeling that this is the final time for her to experience jealousy. She had watched Hyejeong and Mina together A LOT before.

 

-

 

Hyejeong and Mina were done went online-shopping, but they didn't bought anything. Mina folded her laptop, then shoved inside its case. Both of them got up, then they went passed the jealous girl. Knowing that the two were going to pass by, Seolhyun quickly acted normal.

 

"Hey, Seol!!" Mina waved with a really bubbly expression glued on her face.

 

"Hi." Seolhyun replied with a straight face, hiding her jealousy towards Mina, who's always being with Hyejeong.

 

"Geez, what's with you?? You sound unusual." Mina asked.

 

Seolhyun stole a really quick glance at Hyejeong who's smiling, too. "Mhm, it's not your business." she sighed.

 

Mina backed off a bit, "Ah, ok..I'll see you in the school's lobby. We could play. Come on, Hyejeong." she said, then waved to the younger girl.

 

After the two leaved, she let out a heavy sigh, then soullessly sat back on a nearby bench.

 

-

 

On their way to the class to pack up their belongings, "Do you think Seolhyun is kinda cold??" Hyejeong asked the shorter girl beside her.

 

"She's cold. Not kinda, but she's REALLY cold." Mina replied.

 

Hyejeong shrugged off and both of them were in a pool of random thoughts while walking.

 

-

 

'If I'm brave enough to admit that I'm jealous, will Mina unnie tease me again??' Seolhyun muttered under her breath. 'No, Seolhyun. No. Don't ever admit that you're jealous.' she spoke to herself.

 

She sat there for minutes, remembering flashbacks when she watched Hyejeong and Mina together times ago.

 

FLASHBACKS:

 

Hyejeong and Mina were at a park where there's an ice cream truck nearby, serving various flavors of ice cream to children and adults. Seolhyun went there anonymously. Actually, she met them by coincidence. Spotting them quickly, she acted as an anonymous girl. The two girls already bought two ice creams, then they went to sit on a comfortable bench. Seolhyun immediately followed them, trying to not to make them feel that something is fishy.

 

With her cap covering her face, she ran to another bench nearby their bench.

 

She heard some cute and fluffy words.

 

"Hyejeong, aaangg~~" Mina held her cone of ice cream closer to Hyejeong's mouth. The taller girl smiled and immediately bite a bit of it. She did the same, too.

 

"Aah, your ice cream is really sweet!!" Mina commented after she tasted Hyejeong's ice cream.

 

Hyejeong smiled widely, "You're sweeter."

 

Mina blushed cutely and that made Seolhyun's jealousy level got higher.

 

The younger girl turned her head to a bench nearby and unpurposely saw a familiar face from school - Seolhyun. Her face was kinda jealous, maybe that she has a crush on Hyejeong. Since that time, Mina started spying on Seolhyun if she's jealous.

 

-

 

Mina and Hyejeong were in the library, together, alone. No, they're not alone. Seolhyun's here anonymously, too. She went from shelf to shelf to avoid them spotting her. The two were sitting together, reading a book with a pack of chocolate-flavored pepero sticks on the table.

 

Out of boredom, Mina took out a pepero stick and put its end on , then continue to read the book with Hyejeong. Hyejeong spotted Mina doing the previous thing, she grinned as a light bulb lighted up on her head.

 

She went for the other end of the pepero stick and bite it. Out of astonishment, Mina froze and peeked at the corner of her eye. She spotted a jealous Seolhyun watching them with some cold expression. She's sure she's really jealous.

 

Hyejeong kept biting the pepero stick until the distance between her and Mina's mouth was a bit more than an inch.

 

"H-Hye.." Mina tried to talk, but it's too late. She had another pair of lips gently crashed with hers.

 

Hyejeong backed up and grinned widely. Mina blushed heavily.

 

She looked up at Hyejeong, "W-What just happened?"

 

"I kissed you."

 

A loud banging sound of a door could be heard. Mina startled and she kept thinking of Seolhyun.

 

"Seolhyun, Seolhyun, Seolhyun, Seolhyun.." Mina muttered under her breath, but she still feels happy anyway.

 

-

 

END OF FLASHBACKS

 

There's still a LOT of sweet scenes of Hyejeong and Mina, like backhug scenes, or anything sweeter and cuter than that. Seolhyun got up like a warrior, she had made a decision to go tell Mina that she likes Hyejeong, but don't even admit that she's jealous.

 

She ran through the hallways of school, heading to the school's lobby. Indeed, Mina was there, with Hyejeong. She quickly approached them.

 

"Mina unnie." she called out coldly.

 

The girl turned her head, "Hey, Seol!! What is it?" her bubbly expression is still glued on.

 

"I need to talk to you." Seolhyun said as she grabbed Mina's hand with her, dragging her somewhere private.

 

As you know in real life, the sentence 'I need to talk to you' makes us nervous, right?? So are Mina. Seolhyun dragged Mina to the school's quiet lab. She pinned her to a wall, and started confessing her 'jealousy' thing.

 

"You and Hyejeong unnie always seems to be together, tell me what's the reason." she commanded a nervous Mina.

 

"Hmm?? Why are you even asking this? She's my best friend, of course we're always together." Mina answered.

 

"Are both of you dating??" she asked.

 

"Whaaattt?? No, of course!! We're more than best friends, but we're not dating, why?" Mina asked back, feeling that something is really weird about Seolhyun.

 

Mina's words lefted Seolhyun speechless. She sighed heavily as she lowered her head. Mina smiled, she turned their position, so now the one that got pinned onto the wall is Seolhyun.

 

Mina lifted up Seolhyun's chin, "Are you jealous, Seol?" Mina asked. She's not sounding arrogant, she's just sounding cute and stuff. That words made Seolhyun even more speechless.

"You remember the time when me and Hyejeong was in the library and we kissed using the pepero stick? I saw you. And I really regret that I put the pepero stick inside my mouth." Mina said, turning back time.

 

"H-How did you even saw me??" Seolhyun widened her eyes.

 

"Through the corner of my eye. I don't even know why Hyejeong kissed me." Mina replied. She then continued, "Now tell me, do you actually like Hyejeong?"

 

Tears started to form on Seolhyun's eyes. She couldn't say any words.

 

"Are you jealous?" Mina asked again.

 

"Yeah!!!" Seolhyun yelled emotionally that she didn't even know what she has said.

 

Mina's eyes widened in shock, it took Seolhyun a few seconds to realize what she has said. Then she abruptly closed with both of her hands with eyes widened.

 

A tear flowed on Seolhyun's cheek, she slid her back down the wall, slowly started to sob.

 

Mina crouched down, comforting the younger girl. "Don't cry, Seolhyun-ah. I'm really sorry, you know?"

 

"S-Sorry f-for what??" Seolhyun asked between her sobs.

 

Mina hugged the crying girl, "I'm the one who makes you jealous, right?" she asked, trying to look at Seolhyun's face. "I know I'm the one. It's like you're fooled by jealousy."

 

The two stayed like that until Seolhyun stopped crying.

 

3 years later..

 

"Seolhyun-ah." Hyejeong called her girlfriend.

 

"Mhm?"

 

"You still remember how we met each other?"

 

Seolhyun laughed a bit. "Yeah, by Mina."

 

Hyejeong laughed, too. "That girl is now dating her bass guitar." she joked.

 

The two sat at their apartment's couch together, spending some quality time together.

 

"Seolhyun-ah, I love you."

 

"I love you too."

 

-

 

Seolhyun is fooled by her jealousy, but sometimes jealousy can lead to happiness, like this one-shot.

-ThatFabAuthor