Chapter Forty Five

Fallen in love with the evil senior
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heejin POV

I texted Kyu that I will be heading to school myself today. The reason why he wasn't outside waiting for me is because he went to fetch Hanna first. He texted back saying that there's a slight traffic jam and he's sorry for that.

I kept my phone back into my bag, and looked up, staring at the road ahead. I am now seated next to Hyukjae who suddenly appeared in front of my house a month after we last met. The atmosphere was awkward since we left my place.

"Ehm... So how are you?" I flinged at his voice. The voice that I missed alot, the voice that I once fallen in love with. "Good." was my only reply. "That's good to hear." Silence took over once again but I spoke out minutes later, "So how's your marriage?"

I always want to know how is he doing right now. Is his wife treating him good? Is he getting used to marriage life?

"Heejin..." He stopped the car by the side and he turned to look at me. "....I wasn't married." My eyes widened and my heart stopped beating. What does he means that he wasn't married? His wedding was two weeks back.

I should be happy that he wasn't married but why don't I feel happy at all? Instead, I was worried for him. "What happened?"

"I don't love her. I never love her." Hyukjae said while looking deeply into my eyes. "But you told me..." He interrupted me, "That was a lie. The person I only love is always you, Heejin-ah." I swallowed as my breathing became heavy.

"I was forced to marry her. Her dad saved our company previously so my dad said I need to marry her to repay them back. I did not agree in the beginning but he had fainted while we were arguing and that's when I found out he has a tumor in his brain. He only have a year or less to live so I agreed in the end." He continued with a tear escaped from his eyes. "But why..."

As if he knew what I was going to ask, he interrupted once again, "He died three days before our wedding." My heart falls. I never know that Hyukjae had to go through so many hardships. Why didn't he tell me? I will be by his side, helping him.

I stretched my hand and placed it onto his, while my other hand was wiping his tears. "I'm sorry." He shook his head, "He told me that I don't have to carry on with this wedding before he passed away. He also said that he was sorry that he forced me to do things I don't like." I tightened the grip on his hand.

"I was busying with his funeral and the company for the past two weeks. I'm sorry that I could only find you now" I shook my head and hugged him, "I'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter