Which One Are You? Devil Or Angel?

I'm Your Man!!!

At school...

It’s almost 3.30pm and school is over...I was at the library doing some unfinished homework alone. Jae Hee already left to help her mother at the store. It was raining heavily outside. I wanted to call Dong Wan to pick me up but my battery was dead. “What the heck...I’ll just wait for the rain to stop...end of story...”

I saw the music room was empty so I went in and head straight to the piano. I always wanted to play the piano but it seems like my head and my hands are not coordinated together...Jae Hee taught me a dozen times but let’s face it, music is not my strongest element. There was a music score in front of me, I tried to play while looking at it but nothing seems to be working. I could see a dark cloud forming over me if I decided to pursue a career in music sometime in the future later. I remembered a children song Jae Hee taught me so I give it a try. Not bad...

While enjoying myself alone playing the piano I heard someone snickering. I turned around and standing leaning against the door was none other than Taecyeon. This is a major embarrassment...he will use this to make fun of me for the rest of my life...aishhhh...

            “Seriously...3 Bear Song? Even my 5 year old cousin can play that song...” I wish I could erase that smirk on his face with a toilet brush.

            “What do you want? Just leave me alone...” I was enjoying myself and this creature has to be here and ruin it.

            “No wonder it’s raining outside...the sky couldn’t bear to hear that song...” he walked slowly towards me.

            “If you’re here just to mock me then just leave...it’s not like you could play the piano either.” Once again, he has to turn back being a jerk.

            “Wanna bet?” he sounded confident.

            “Sure, whatever!” I couldn’t care less.

He sat next to me and started hitting the piano keys randomly. It was like hearing child forced to play the piano. I had to cover my ears to avoid the annoying sound. He stopped, looked at me, smiled and starts playing again.

A sweet melody filled the room. I can’t believe he COULD play the piano... and he played it well...almost like a professional. I’ve heard this song before...it’s Yiruma’s Kiss The Rain...one of my favourite piano piece. His fingers glide smoothly on the piano keys and I couldn’t take off my eyes of it. He looked so lost in the song... I never knew this side of Taecyeon even existed. The mean and annoying Taecyeon is completely gone.

And my heart did it again...it start beating faster and faster... I think it could be heard from miles away. I never felt this way before...not once. I better go see a doctor soon...there must be something wrong with my heart!

Taecyeon stopped playing and looked at me.

            “See? Much better than you...” his words are like rubbing salt to wound.

            “Yea, yea...whatever...but...the song you played...”

            “Iruma’s Kissing The Rain...someone I knew love that song very much...” he starts to play another song. I tried to play along but it turned out sounding weird and out of tune.

            “Yaa! Are you playing with your foot?” his voice got louder.

            “Yaa! Have you seen anyone have toes this long???”  I tried to follow his lead and eventually the song got much better. I’m actually having good time with this guy. I looked outside, the rain has stopped..., and it’s time to go home.

            “Where are you going?” he looked surprised when I got up and reached for my bag.

            “Home of course...you think I want to stuck here all day with you? I rather spend the day with a monkey.” I don’t know why I said that.

“So do I...”

I took a step and suddenly I felt a sharp pain on my left calf and I almost stumbled on the floor. Luckily, Taecyeon grabbed my waist...and just like in the movie, I felt the time has stopped. I looked at him and our eyes met.  A few seconds later, the sharp pain came again.

            “Awww...” I sat on the bench trying to stretch my leg.

            “Muscle cramp?” Taecyeon kneeled in front of me, took off my shoes and pushed my left foot upward to ease the pain.

            ”Slowly please...it hurts...aww...” his actions made my heart racing yet again. Why do I get this feeling whenever he sat close next to me, everytime the gentle and charming side of him appeared...he supposed to be the devil right?

            “Better?” he keep pushing my foot lightly.

            “Yeah... “

Somebody came in.

            “Noona! You’re here...finally...hyung? You’re here too?” It was Chansung.

            “What are you doing here?” I said while putting on my shoes. Chansung isn’t the type that would come back to school after hours unless he have to or because he forgot something.

            “I was looking for you...Min Woo hyung is freaking out because he couldn’t get you on the phone. He told me to search for you.” My brother could be a little paranoid at time. I could hear a long lecture from Min Woo oppa when I got home.

            “Since Chansung is here, I’m off.” He picked up his bag and left.

I didn’t even get the chance to thank him for his help. Is the devil has turned into an angel or is he just wearing the mask?