No Turning Back

I'm Your Man!!!

 

The big day has come. I was in my room doing my last minute check up. Passport, visa…everything is here. This is it then…Hyun Jae ah…be strong! You can do this!

I looked at my phone and there’s a text.

From : Jae Hee

Hey, are you coming to the festival? You should’ve at least say goodbye to the group…and me your best friend! Hurry up and be here!

Another text came in.

From : Taeckie Baby

Hey babe, where are you? I’m at school right now. You don’t want to miss your surprise do you? I’ll wait for you at the cafeteria. Hurry up…I’m missing you already…kekeke…

I guess I have to go to that festival after all. I’m gonna miss my room…I went down the stairs and saw Joon and my brothers at the living room.

            “Let’s go.”

While riding the car…

            “Oppa, can you drop me off at the school?”

            “School? But your flight…”

            “It’s 2 hours away…I’ll meet you guys at the airport. I have to see everyone for the last time.”

            “You want me to go with you?” Joon looked at me.

            “It’s okay…” I shook my head.

            “Are you sure?” he asked again for assurance.

            “Yeah…don’t worry about me.”

At the school gate…

            “Don’t be late or you’ll miss your flight…” Min Woo reminded me again for the tenth time.

            “Take the direct subway line to the airport…that will save you time.” Rae Won said.

            “Nae…”

I went in and there’s a lot of people crowding the school area. I head down to the cafeteria and when I arrived, the whole gang was there.

            “Baby, over here!” Taecyeon waved his hands.

            “Yaa, where have you been?” Jae Hee said putting her arm around my neck.

            “I gotta go help Dong Wan oppa at the gallery…” I looked at Jae Hee and by the gaze she’s giving me, I guess she knew I was lying.

            “Chansung ah, what’s wrong with you today? Usually you’re the one who’s excited to see Hyun Jae noona.” Junho said and looked at him but he turned his head around.

            “Now that everyone is here…let’s go for a tour!” Junsu said and led the way.

We had so much fun (I tried to) visiting the variety of booths opened by the students. Taecyeon even won a small dragonfly keychain for me.

            “Just like what we had when we’re little…” he said and kissed my temple.

            “How come you didn’t win anything for me?” Jae Hee pouted glaring at Wooyoung.

            “I’m trying…”Wooyoung threw a few metal rings over some bottles but failed.

            “Taec, when is your big concert performance gonna start?” Khun asked.

            “Umm…” he looked at his watch. “In 10 minutes…” then his phone rings and when he looked at the caller ID a long sigh came with it.

            “That witch again?” Chansung asked.

            “”Who else…hello, oh Soo Yeon ah…I know, I know…I’ll there…” he hung up the phone. “Baby, I gotta go…I’ll see you after the show ok?” he kissed my lips and ran towards the main hall.

            “So, we still got time left before the concert…who’s in the mood for rice cake? My treat…” Junho said.

As the boys walking to a nearby rice cake stall Jae Hee pulled your hands and let them walk in front of us.

            “So, this is it huh?” she said linking her arms with mine again.

            “Yup, no turning back…”

            “I wish I could do something so you could stay…”

            “If there was a way I would do that too…” I said trying my best to smile.

            “You know…fake smile really don’t good on you…”

Taecyeon POV

I arrived at the backstage only greeted with Soo Yeon nonstop nagging about our performance. Little that she knows about my surprise later.

            “We’re up in 10 minutes…you should’ve been here half an hour ago.”

            “I’m here now…just chill ok?” I peeked through the curtain and saw Hyun Jae sitting at the top of the viewer’s seat. I hope you gonna love this surprise…

            “I didn’t mean to rude but I just want our performance would be remembered for a long time to come.” She held my hand.

            “Yeah sure…” I pulled my hand away.

5 minutes before our performance so I need to execute my plan right now.

            “Soo Yeon ah…actually, I got something for you to wear while you’re on stage.”

            “You did? Omo…” she beamed with smiles.”What is it?”

            “Something you’ll like a lot…come with me.”

            “Ok…” she happily agreed to follow me.

We got to a small storage room outside the hallway.

            “Where is it?” she asked clasping her hands together like a little kid waiting for candies.

            “It’s in there…I have to hide it here so no one else would see…”

            “Taecyeon ah…you’re so sweet…” as soon as she stepped into the room, I slammed shut the door and locked it from outside.

End of POV

Soo Yeon POV

I heard the door closed behind me and when I turned around Taecyeon wasn’t there.

            “Taecyeon ah! I’m still in here!” I banged on the door.

            “I know…that’s the whole point. I’m sorry Soo Yeon ah…but I think it’s best for me to do the show alone…I’ll get back to you after the show is over.” he said and left as I heard footstep getting further away.

            “Ya Ok Taecyeon! You can’t do this to me! Somebody help me!” this is not what I had in mind.

End of POV

Taecyeon POV

Now, my plan can be done with ease.

            “Taecyeon ah, you and Soo Yeon up next after this…” Ms. Yoo said looking at her clipboard.

            “Umm…about that…actually, we’ve decided that I’ll do a solo…Soo Yeon can’t sing… is hurt from practising too much…”

            “Omo…is she ok?”

            “Yeah…I’ve told her to relax outside…”

            “So what are you planning to do? We don’t have much time to alter the set.”

            “I’ll play something with the piano…don’t worry…everything will be okay.”

            “If you say so...now get ready…” she said and walked to the makeup room.

I could imagine the look on Hyun Jae’s face watching my performance. She must be so touched…

End of POV

I choose to sit close to the exit as possible with Chansung stuck to my left.

            “Noona, it’s not too late…”

            “Channie ah…”

            “Ok, ok…I’m just saying…” he leaned his head on my shoulder. “I really gonna miss you noona…”

            “Me too Channie ah…”

The traditional fan dance from 9th graders just ended and it’s time for Taecyeon and Soo Yeon duet. I have to see that ’s face on my last day…aishh!

            “Now, please welcome Park Soo Yeon with the song Goose’s Dream accompanied with Taecyeon on piano…give them a big round of applause!” the MC announced.

Taecyeon walked alone to the stage heading to the grand piano in the centre. All of us looked at each other…where’s Soo Yeon?

As I promised...another update! Enjoy...

p/s: grab a tissue for the next update! hehehehe