Another Storm Coming Our Way

I'm Your Man!!!

 

Few days later…

I walked into the kitchen and saw omma busy making our breakfast. it’s usually Min Woo’s job but since omma is here, she’s taking over.

            “Morning omma!” I said hugging my mom from behind.

            “Morning…”

            “Where’s appa?”

            “I’m right here...by the way, there will be a party at one of my business partner tonight…all of us are going.” Appa said and sat at the table.

            “Mr. Park’s party, yeobo?”

            “Yeah…and Hyun Jae ah…you can bring your date if you want to.”

            “Really? Great!” it wouldn’t be so bored if I got someone with me.

Soo Yeon POV

I arrived in class and saw Taecyeon alone at his seat.

            “Annyeong…” I said sitting next to him.

            “Annyeong…” he replied.

            “Taecyeon ah…can I ask you for a favour?”

            “Sure…if it’s in my capabilities…what is it?”

            “There’s a party tonight that my dad organised and my mom asked me to invite you along. Since she thinks that you’re my boyfriend…can you come?”

            “You haven’t told your parents that we’re not dating? Soo Yeon ah…”

            “I haven’t got the chance to tell them…I’m planning of doing it tonight…please…come to the party. I promise I would tell them.”

            “Fine, I’ll come but if you don’t tell them tonight…then I will.” He said.

            “Ok…I promise. Thanks.” I hugged him. “Sorry…I didn’t mean to…it’s just that I’m glad that you would help me.”

End of POV

Taecyeon and I were alone in the library studying together. The others decided to leave us alone giving us some quality couple time. Such a great friends I got here.

            “Um…baby, you said about meeting my parents’ right?” I said.

            “Yeah…why?”

            “You wanna meet them tonight? There’s a party at my dad’s business partner place and I’m allowed to bring a date. You wanna come?”

            “Tonight? But I already got plan with Tae Soon noona…my aunt from Andong is coming over.”

            “Really? Well…if that’s the case I have to go alone to the party then…” I said pouting my lips.

            “I’m really sorry baby…I really want to go with you but I can’t…” he caressed my cheek.

            “It’s okay…family comes first…I would do the same if was you…never mind…my parents will be here for two weeks…there’s a lot of time for you to see them.”

            “I’ll promise I’ll make it up to you…now, let me get some snacks for us…” he said and walked away. Too bad Taecyeon have family matters to settle…whom should I bring along to the party then?

Taecyeon POV

I felt bad lying to her like that but I had to. She would hurt even more if she knew I was going to the party as Soo Yeon’s date. I know she don’t like Soo Yeon so it’s better for her not knowing.

End of POV

That night…

            “Yeobo…we’re gonna be late…” appa said from the living room. “I wonder what took your omma so long getting ready…”

            “Maybe there’s something missing in her purse…” I said looking at my appa walking back and forth.

            “Yeobo!”

            “I’m coming, I’m coming!” omma walked down the stairs. For someone who’s in her late 50’s, my mom was exceptionally beautiful. Wearing a black halter neck studded dress she looked like she’s in her 40’s…or even younger.

We heard wolf whistle from my brothers.

            “Omma…no wonder appa can’t take his eyes off you.” I said smiling.

            “He’s lucky to have me…boys…no wild party when we’re gone…”

            “Omma, we’re not teenagers anymore…”

We arrived at the party 20 minutes later at a hotel downtown. We went in and there’s a lot of people mingling around in the large ballroom. I hate this kind of formal parties. I decided to sit at the far corner of the room alone. I was looking around when I saw someone who resembles Taecyeon walking not far away. I tried to look again but he was gone. Maybe it’s someone else…

Taecyeon POV

I wonder how Hyun Jae is doing at the party. She must be alone and bored there.

            “Taecyeon ah…there’s someone my dad want you to meet.” Soo Yeon said and pulled my arm toward a bunch of older men talking together.

            “Appa…”

            “This is the one that I told you about. Taecyeon ah, this is Mr. Lee Deok Hwa, chairman of the admission committee of Seoul U…” Mr. Park said.

            “Annyeong haseyo…” I said bowing my head.

            “What a fine young man you got here Min Soo ssi…quite a match with your daughter…”

I could see Soo Yeon was blushing when she heard the old guy said that.

            “Actually I’m not…”

            “Thank you sir…we do get that a lot…” I couldn’t finish talking when Soo Yeon cut my word. She linked her arm with mine and smiled.

We talked for a bit with that man from Seoul U and I think I’ve given him a good first impression of me. I decided to excuse myself from them and went to the exit door.

End of POV

I hate being here…besides the fact that I don’t know one human being in this place…the music is boring, it could put people into sleep in seconds…the food is bad…I HATE THIS PLACE!

While sitting alone at the small space near the stairs, my phone vibrates. I looked at it was a message from Taecyeon.

From: Taeckie baby…

Hey, babe…how was the party? I wish I could be there with you… sad

Looks like he’s been thinking about me too…

Taecyeon POV

I got a message from Hyun Jae.

From: My Baby Hyunnie…

It’s boring here…food is bad, music is the worst…how was your aunty? Say hi to her for me… ;D

She’s still thinking I was meeting my Andong aunt. Mianhae Hyun Jae ah…if only I could ditch this party and went to her instead.

End of POV

            “There you are…I’ve been looking for you…” my mom came.

            “This party is whack…can I just go?” I pleaded. I can find my way back home. It’s better to chill out at home with my brothers than being here. This !

            “I want you to meet my friend…let’s go.” Omma dragged me to a nearby table. A woman waved at us.

            “This is your daughter?” she asked.

            “Yes…Hyun Jae ah…this is Mrs. Park...the party host.”

            “Annyeong haseyo…Hyun Jae imnida.”

            “How old are you?”

            “I’m 18…senior at Ganghwa High.”

            “Ganghwa High? My daughter went there too…maybe you know her. I’ll go get her…where is that girl anyway? She must be with her boyfriend somewhere.” The old woman left.

            “Omma, can we go after this? It’s boring here…”

            “Ok…but just meet my friends’ daughter first okay?” omma said and patted my head.

 A few minutes later, the old woman came back.

            “This is Soo Yeon…my daughter…and her boyfriend…Taecyeon.”

My ears perked up when I heard the last word. I turned around and saw Soo Yeon standing there linking her arm with Taecyeon.

Taecyeon POV

            “Just tell them that we’re not dating…I don’t want them to misunderstand that I’m your boyfriend.” I’m getting the feeling that Soo Yeon is not going to tell her parents the truth any time soon.

            “What is so bad about that? It’s not like Hyun Jae gonna know about it.”

             “I feel bad lying to her like this…she didn’t even know I’m here.”

            “Just play along with me…she won’t find out if you didn’t tell her.”

We were talking when Soo Yeon mom come and drag us with her to meet one of her friends. A beautiful woman in her late 40’s waved at us. A familiar back view figure stands next to her.

            “This is Soo Yeon…my daughter…and her boyfriend…Taecyeon.” Soo Yeon mom said.

The girl turned around and my eyes widened.

End of POV

            “Soo Yeon went to Ganghwa High too…I think you two are at the same age…”

            “Yes we are…Soo Yeon is in my study group.” I said and looked at Taecyeon.

            “Really? What a coincidence…then you must know her boyfriend too…” the old woman patted Taecyeon shoulder.

            “Yes I do…very well indeed.” I felt like someone just kicked me in the gut.

            “Such a fine boy…” my mom said looking at him. “I never thought our daughters are friends…”

            “Neither do I.” Soo Yeon’s mom replied.

Soo Yeon POV

This is just great! Although this is not part of my plan, I’m just glad it happened. I looked at Hyun Jae and clearly, she was shocked and mad. I could see another war gonna break out between them. A sure win situation for me!

End of POV

Sorry for the late update! i can't get online because of the internet connection...anyway...enjoy reading....