Let’s Take A Break…

I'm Your Man!!!

 

Taecyeon POV

            “Taecyeon ah…hurry up…you gonna be late for school!” I heard Tae Soon noona calling out my name.

            “Noona…” I said as I sat at the table.

            “What happened to you? You looked horrible…” Tae Soon noona put a bowl of rice in front of me.

            “Noona, I think I did something really bad.”

            “Explain bad.”

            “I lied to Hyun Jae about going to the party last night. I told her that our aunty coming for a visit…but I met her at the party instead.”

            “Our aunt or Hyun Jae?”

            “Noona! I’m being serious here!”

            “Sorry, sorry…my bad.”

            “Noona…what if Hyun Jae wants to call it quit after this? What if she wanna break up with me because of this?”

            “I’m sure she wouldn’t do that because of a minor lie.”

            “Did I tell you that I pretended to the boyfriend of a girl that she hates?”

            “You what? Why did you do something stupid like that? I can’t imagine myself if Hoyoung oppa did that.”

            “So what should I do now? I don’t want to lose her noona.”

            “Give her some space…you can’t do anything when a girl is mad. Go talk to her once she cool again.”

            “You think that would work?”

            “Yeah…just give it a try. You’ll never know. Now, finish your breakfast…you need energy to face Hyun Jae.”

            “Nae noona…”

I walked out the apartment exit door just to find Soo Yeon standing at the sidewalk.

            “Taecyeon ah…”

            “What do you want? I told you last night…we’re strangers now…”

            “Listen to me…you can’t do this…I’m sorry what happened last night…I truly do…just don’t ignore me.”

            “Please don’t embarrass yourself anymore…I’m already late for school.” I said and heading to the bus stop. Soo Yeon kept following me until we reached school.

End of POV

            “Hyun Jae ah…what happened last night? I was so worried about you.” appa asked as we’re riding the car to school.

            “Nothing…I just don’t feel well, that’s all…don’t worry about me.”

            “So, about this boy you’re dating…when can I meet him? I want to get to know the boy that stole my daughter’s heart.”

            “Um…it’s kinda hard right now…we’re in a war zone.”

            “What happened?”

            “We had an argument…”

            “Do you think I can meet him before I went back to Canada?”

            “Maybe…I dunno…”

We arrived at school 20 minutes later.

            “Should I pick you up after school?”

            “It’s ok…I can go home on my own.”

            “Okay…study hard…”

            “Annyeong appa!” I saw my dad drove away.

I was walking to the main gate when I saw Taecyeon get down from a bus…with Soo Yeon on tow.

            “Hyun Jae ah…wait up.” he called my name.

I quicken my walking phase trying to avoid him but once again, I failed. Sometimes I wish he had shorter legs.

            “Baby wait…” he grabbed my arm.

            “What? Now you two go to school together? Isn’t that just great…what a sweet couple…” I said pulling my arm away.

            “She followed me…baby, look…I’m really sorry. I never meant to lie to you…” he stood in front of me.

            “Let’s talk about this later…I have morning duty today.” I walked away leaving him behind.

I saw Joon standing at the door of my class when I arrived.

            “How are you feeling today?” he asked.

            “Much better…thanks for being my listening ear last night…I really appreciate it.”

            “No big deal…I’m glad to see your smile again.” Joon pinched my cheek.

3rd period…in class…

Time for History lesson…another boring subject.

            “Hyun Jae ah…are you ok? Is something wrong?” Jae Hee asked.

            “Just got into another fight with Taec…”

            “Again? What happened?”

            “There’s only one person can cause it…take a guess.”

            “Soo Yeon isn’t it?”

            “That’s right…”

It’s lunch time and I don’t feel like eating. I was sitting alone at my favourite spot at the field when Taecyeon came.

            “Hey…”

            “Hey…what are you doing here?” I asked as he sat on the ground next to me.

            “I knew you’d be here…I came to apologise…I know it’s my fault…I shouldn’t lie to you…I know how much you hate liars…’

            “Taecyeon ah…how about we take a break from each other?” I can’t believe I just said those words to him.

            “Take a break? What do you mean?”

            “Let’s not see each other for a while…I need time to think about us…sometimes I felt like it’s impossible for us to be together…”

            “Says who? I think we look perfect together.” He held my hands.

            “Really? Sometimes I just think that this whole thing is too good to be true…”

            “Don’t say that…we have every right to be together just like other people.”

            “Somehow it’s kinda hard to believe…let us focus the upcoming SAT instead.”

            “Fine…if that’s what you want…let’s take a break…but let me tell you one thing…I won’t give up on us.”

Taecyeon POV

I went back to class after lunch.

            “Dude, where have you been?” Junsu asked.

            “I went to see Hyun Je at the field.” I sat at my seat.

            “You should be happy after seeing your girl…but you don’t look too good. Does something happen between you and her?”

            “Hyun Jae wants us to take a break.”

            “Are you guys breaking up?”

            “What did you do this time around?” Khun widened his big eyes.

            “It’s all started with her.”I pointed my lips at Soo Yeon’s empty seat. I told Junsu and Khun what happened last night.

            “She again? Ever since she got here, things have been upside down with you and Hyun Jae. Just wait until Chansung hear the news…he’s gonna flip!”

            “I knew she’s a bad news right from the start just like Jae Hee said.” Khun shook his head.

            “So, what are you gonna do now?” Junsu put his arm on my shoulder.

            “I’m just gonna give her some space…if that what she want I’ll just have to respect her request.”

            “Don’t give up on your relationship…you’ve waited so long to get this far.” Khun words are so uplifting. Thank God for such a great friends.

            “I won’t give up on her. There’s no other girl for me than her.” That’s right…Hyun Jae is the one and only girl that live inside my heart.

End of POV

I was getting ready to go home when Chansung came running into my class.

            “Noona…is it true what I’ve just heard? You and Taecyeon hyung…” he looked at me.

            “Yeah…we decided to take a break for a while. It’s a good thing though…I could concentrate with the upcoming SAT exam…” I saw Jae Hee looking at me.

            “Jae Hee noona…tell me, did all this have to do with that Soo Yeon witch?”

            “Bingo!” Jae Hee made an ‘ok’ sign.

            “I should’ve got that witch burned a long time ago…I know someone who could do that…”

            “Channie ah…just leave her ok? What goes around comes around…it’s all karma.”

            “But you at least have to beat some sense into her noona.”

            “And stoop myself to her despicable level? I’m not that stupid…like I said, what goes around comes around. Now, my mom wants you to have dinner at our place tonight.”

            “Really? Nice…aunty makes the best fried kimchi rice ever!” his eyes sparkles speaking about food again. That’s my boy.

            “Jagiya, ready to go?” Wooyoung came.

            “Woodong ah…” Chansung said.

            “What are you doing here? Hi noona…” Wooyoung waved at me.

            “He came for his girl…don’t you know?” I said smiling at Jae Hee.

            “I wish I got a girl too…” Chansung put his head on my shoulder.

            “You could get a girl if you stop thinking about food for a while.” I ruffled his hair.

            “What can I say…food is a big part of me…”

            “Yeah…Chansung and food…it’s something that you can’t separate.” Wooyoung said.

another update for my lovely readers....