I'm Sorry...You're Too Late.....

I'm Your Man!!!

Taecyeon POV

I finally did it... I told her everything that I’ve always wanted to say. I felt like a huge rock had been lifted off my back. I know she’s still in shock but that’s the truth. We’re about to kiss when Mr. Bae came...damn it! I got back to class and I couldn’t help myself from smiling.

            “What happened to you?” Junsu asked.

            “I told Hyun Jae everything. Can you believe it? I actually did it.”

            “Dude...nice job. How does she take it?”

            “She’s in shocked obviously...but I don’t know whether she feel the same or not.” What if she doesn’t like me? What if she liked Joon? These questions kept playing in my mind. I guess only time will tell.

End of POV

I’m back in class and Jae Hee came and sat in front of me.

            “What was that about?”

            “Do you remember Taeckie?” I said looking at her.

            “Taeckie? Which Taeckie?”

            “Remember when you went to Jeju one summer and when you get back I told you about this boy named Taeckie...”

            “Yeah...now I remember. What about him?”

            “That boy is Taecyeon.”

            “MWO??? He’s Taecyeon? Are you sure?” even she can’t believe it either.

I spend the whole period telling Hyun Jae what happened on the rooftop. Part of me was excited when Taecyeon told me that he likes me but the other half saying that is his another trick he’s playing on me.

Lunchtime in the cafeteria...

            “You’re still thinking about what Taecyeon said?” Jae Hee asked.

            “Yeah...do you think he’s being sincere or is this another prank?”

            “What did your heart say?”

            “I dunno... I can’t even eat thinking about that.”

Chansung and the gang came to our table. Taecyeon was there too and he looked at me and smiled.

            “Noona, are you ok?” Chansung asked.

            “I’m...I’m fine...just thinking about something...” I couldn’t even looked at Taecyeon who’s sitting in front of me. “I don’t feel like eating...I’m going back to class.” I said and left the table.

School is over and I was busy packing up my stuff.

            “Hyun Jae ah, I can’t go home with you today...I’ll head straight to the store. Mianhae...”

            “It’s ok...careful on your way there...”

            “Nae...see you tomorrow.” Jae Hee left.

As I walked out from the class, I saw Joon was standing leaning against the wall outside.

            “Joon ah...”

            “I’ll walk you to the bus stop...let’s go.”

Taecyeon POV

I was heading towards Hyun Jae’s class when I saw her walking away with Joon holding her hands. I’m always a step behind with that kid...aishhh!!!

            “Hyung, we’re going to Khun hyung’s place after this.” Junho came.

            “Go ahead...I have stuff to do...” I looked again and they were gone.

            “What kind of stuff?”

            “I’ll tell you later...” I looked over the window and I saw Hyun Jae and Joon were walking towards the gate. “I gotta go...” I left Junho alone there.

            “Hyung!!!” I ignored him and decided to follow Hyun Jae and Joon instead.

End Of POV

We were walking down the street and there’s an awful long awkward silence between Joon and I.

            “Joon ah...is something wrong?” I looked at him.

            “Um...nothing...” he said and looked the other way.

            “You know that you’re not a good liar don’t you?”

            “Hyun Jae ah...about what I said to you the other day...”

            “What about it?” here it comes.

            “I really mean it when I said I want you to be my girlfriend... I don’t know when this feeling started but I know I’m not joking.” He stopped and looked at me.

            “Joon ah...”

            “When I first met you when you visited your parents last spring I know you have something special on you.”

            “What? Like super powers or something?” I tried to joke around to lighten the moment but certainly, it doesn’t help.

            “You’re not like any other girls I’ve met before... I can’t stop thinking about you when you went back to Seoul. If only you could give me a chance...”he held my hands again.

 I was surprised to hear Joon’s confession. We’ve known each other for quite some time...we emailed each other after I returned to Seoul but that’s it. We’re just friends, not more than that. Why would he liked me anyway? A good-looking guy like him could have a better girl than I am...prettier than me. I knew he’s a good guy but I can’t accept his heart when I have given my heart to someone else.

Taecyeon POV

I followed the two of them from behind. I could see that they’re talking about something but I can’t hear anything. How I wish to have super powers right now.

They stopped and Joon hold her hands. What are they talking about right now? I’m getting nervous as time goes by.

End of POV

I pulled my hands over slowly. He looked up and smiled.

            “Joon ah...mianhae.”

            “I think I know what you’re about to say... I guess I’m a little bit too late.” He said before I could say anything.

            “You can have a better girl than I am. I know there’s someone out there for you, who deserve your love more than I do.”

            “It’s because of Taecyeon right?”

            “What do you mean?”

            “I know you liked him... I can see it by the way you looked at him. He’s a lucky guy...”

            “Joon ah...even if I don’t like him I still can’t accept your heart...you’re like a good friend to me...I don’t want to ruin the friendship we had.”

            “I understand...but this doesn’t mean that we can’t be friends anymore right?”

            “Yeah...we’ll always be friends.” I hugged him. He’s a nice guy who deserve someone better.

            “Aigoo...this is embarrassing...getting rejected for the first time... I guess there must first for everything.” He giggled.

            “Joon ah...mianhae.” I said in my heart.

We arrived at the bus stop just in time the bus came.

            “I’ll see you at school tomorrow...annyong...”Joon walked away as I got in the bus.

Taecyeon POV

HyunJae pulled away her hands and Joon smiled. What does that mean? Hyun Jae ah...do you like him? She said something and then she hugged him. Well, I know what gonna happen next so I decided to turn back and leave. Seem like this is one-sided love.

            “Taecyeon ah...you’re just too late and now the girl you like fall on someone else’s hands.” I said to myself.

            “I’m home...” I walked into the living room and slumped on the sofa. Tae Soon was there watching TV and she looked at me.

            “What happened to you? You looked like you’ve got farted by a herd of cows.” She smiled.

            “I had it worst...” I stuffed my face with a cushion and screamed.

            “Taecyeon ah...should I be worried you’re acting like this?” Tae Soon frown her forehead watching her little brother.

            “Noona, can I ask you something?”

            “Yea...go ahead.”

            “What would you do if the boy you liked like someone else?”

            “Well, if that were happened to me...I’ll just let him be with that girl. You can’t force someone to like you. If he’s happy with that girl so let it be. It hurts but if you really liked someone, you want them to be happy with or without you.”

I guess Tae Soon were right. I want Hyun Jae to be happy...if she’s happy with Joon I just have to deal with it.

End of POV

It’s almost 1 o’clock in the morning and I was alone in my bedroom thinking about Taecyeon. He said that he liked me so I should be happy right? But being Taecyeon who said that could mean he’s joking around like he always do. He’s been nasty to me all this time and how could he liked me?

Aishhh!!! My head is hurting thinking about this! I have to do something. I walked out from my room and went down to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and took out a tub of ice cream. Maybe this will help me think clearly.

I was eating when suddenly someone switched on the light. I looked up and there was Min Woo, Dong Wan and Rae Won with a baseball bat in their hands.

            “Oppa...what’s with the baseball bat?” I said.

            “What are you doing here at this hour? I thought someone broke into our house.” Dong Wan said scratching his head.

            “Shouldn’t you be sleeping right now?”Rae Won yawned.

            “I can’t sleep...”

            “You guys go ahead...I’ll stay with her.” Min Woo gave his bat to Dong Wan. When they’re gone, Min Woo sat on the counter looking at me.

            “So, you wanna tell me what’s going on?”

            “Oppa, I got a friend and she got a guy said that he liked her but the thing is that guy always making fun of her...make nasty comments...is it possible that guy really liked her or is this just another prank?”

            “Did your friend like him?”

            “Well, not at first...but after some time she eventually fall for him. Sometimes he can be mean and nasty but suddenly he becomes so sweet and nice...”

            “Hmmm...let me tell you something, sometimes guys can be mean to the girl he likes just because he didn’t know what to say. It’s just his way of making conversation with the girl. So, who is this guy anyway?”

            “He’s a guy I knew at school...one of Chansung’s friends...oppa...” I blurted it out without thinking. Min Woo found out...this is embarrassing.

            “I knew this is about you...tell me, you really liked this guy?”

            “Yeah...”

            “Did you tell him that you liked him?”

            “No...I’m afraid if it turned out to be one of his jokes. Oppa, what do I do now?”

            “Just follow what your heart says...but, if he ever broke your heart... you always got me and those two to give him a good beating.”

            “Oppa, isn’t it’s time for you, Dong Wan and Rae Won oppa stop beating people that makes me sad?”

            “No way...you’re our only baby sister...it’s our job to protect you.”

            “I’m not a baby anymore...I’m all grown up now.”

            “No...you’ll always be our baby sister until you’re old and wrinkly.” He said and pinched my cheeks. It’s good to have someone to lean on at times like this.

Here's the full chapter....happy reading and keep those comments coming!!!!