Breaking News

I'm Your Man!!!

 

SAT exam is three weeks away and all the senior students are busy with their studies…including me. Junsu, Khun, Taecyeon, Jae Hee, Soo Yeon and I formed our own little study group together. You heard that right…Soo Yeon. Even though I hate her but when it comes to Math, she’s among the best so we HAD to include her in our group.

She haven’t tried doing anything with Taecyeon while we’re together. I guess Taecyeon made it clear to her that she would never get anywhere beyond friends with him.

            “This is tiring!”Junsu said and stretched his body lightly.

            “I just hope I don’t get nosebleed this time.” Jae Hee laid her head on the table.

            “I’ll be back…” Soo Yeon got up and left the room.

            “She might be cunning but I gotta say…she’s great in Math.” Jae Hee said.

            “Yeah…just forget everything for the sake of our SAT... I don’t like her that much but we need her knowledge.” Khun said.

Soo Yeon came back with a plastic bag in her hand.

            “I brought some refreshments for us…”

Jae Hee and I looked at each other and shrugged our shoulder. Why is she being so nice of a sudden? Does she change from her y ways? Somehow this look kinda fake in a way.

The study session ended without major hair pulling drama between Soo Yeon and me.

            “I’m back…” I took off my shoes and walked into the house. I saw two large travelling bags in the living room. Someone is going somewhere? Is Dong Wan have to go for outstation? But this is not his bags.

            “Honey, you’re back…” I saw my dad coming out from the kitchen. Appa? Am I dreaming? My dad came and gave me a big hug. I guess it wasn’t a dream after all.

            “Appa…what are you doing here?”

            “I had some business to settle with my associates…”

            “Omma?”

            “I’m here sweetie…”my mom came down the stairs.

            “Omma!” I ran towards her.

            “Now you remember me…” my mom kissed my forehead. It felt so good to see them here.

            “So, how long you’re going to be here?”

            “Two weeks…but if the business matters settled earlier we’ll go back sooner.” My dad can’t leave his office for long otherwise he would get anxious attack.

            “You guys won’t be here when I take my SAT exam then.”

            “Unfortunately…but I know my daughter will do well.” Omma patted my head.

            “Dong Wan ah…call Min Woo and tell him to come home early…we’re having dinner together.”

            “Nae appa!”

This is great…it’s been a while since I last saw my parents.

            “Hyun Jae ah…tell Joon to come over. His mother packed some things for him. And Chansung too.”

            “Yes madam!”

I was in my room about to change when my phone rings. It’s Taecyeon.

Taec : Hey babe…

Me    : Hey…

Taec : Did you get home safe? I’m sorry I couldn’t walk you home today…Tae Soon noona need my help.

Me    : It’s okay…umm…guess what…my parents are here.

Taec : They’re here? I thought you said they’re in Canada.

Me    : They’re on business trip here…funny isn’t it? Usually people go overseas for business trip but my parents is just the opposite.

Taec : So, when can I meet them?

Me    : Meet them? For what?

Taec : Well…I’m dating their daughter now…the least I could do is to meet them in person.

Me    : The truth is I haven’t tell them about you yet.

Taec : You didn’t? We’ve been dating for over two months now…are you…perhaps…embarrassed dating me?”

Me    : No…of course not…I haven’t got the chance to tell them. But don’t worry, we’re having family dinner tonight…I’ll tell them about you.

Taec : Fine…but if you didn’t, I’ll just go to your house tonight and introduce myself.

Me    : Trust me ok, baby?

Taec : Yeah, yeah…hey, I gotta now…I’ll call you tonight. Love ya…

Me   : Love ya too…(hang up) I need to tell omma and appa about him. Hyun Jae, fighting!

That night we’re having a huge family dinner together at my house. Joon and Chansung was there too.

            “So, Joon…did your hyungs here treat you well?” appa asked.

            “Nae abonim…they’re like my real brothers.”

            “Appa, oppa said they’re going to take Joon out for drinking…tell them they can’t do that.” I glared at each of my brothers.

            “We should do that…just the way I did with all your brothers…real man must know how to handle his liquor.” My eyes widened when I heard my dad said that.

            “See…I told you dad would agree with us. Joon ah, make yourself available tomorrow…you have a date with the three of us.” Rae Won said tapping Joon’s shoulder.

            “Make that four…I’m joining my boys for a drink.” Even my dad is on the same page as my brothers.

            “What about me?” Chansung raised his hands.

            “Your time will come Chan ah…don’t worry, your hyung will take you when you’re ready.” Dong Wan said.

            “Well, speaking of date…someone here is seeing somebody…” Min Woo looked at me.

            “Omo! My daughter got a boyfriend now? Who’s the lucky guy?” my mom said. I swear I saw her eyes sparkling with joy when she heard.

            “Um…someone I know…one of Chansung’s good friend.” I could feel my cheeks turned red.

            “Did you boys do background check on him?”

            “Yes appa, don’t worry…he’s clean.”

            “When can I meet this boy?” mom asked.

            “Soon…” finally, I’ve told them about Taecyeon. Another problem solved. Next step is to bring him meet my parents officially.

Another chapter for my loyal readers! Hope you guys like it!!!!

SPOILER : the drama will unfold in the next chapters!!!! Hyun Jae and Taecyeon biggest crisis yet....STAY TUNED!