I’ve Made Up My Mind

I'm Your Man!!!

 

Breakfast…

            “Hyung, you stole my omelette!” Rae Won snapped as Dong Wan took the last piece of omelette in his plate.

            “And your point is?” Dong Wan knuckled his brother’s head.

            “Ah stress!” Rae Won yelled.

            “Yaa, could you two act your age? We’re not kids anymore!” Min Woo interfered.

            “Oppa, I want to go to Canada. I want to take a year off before going to college.” I said and all eyes were on me.

            “Huh? A year off and go to Canada? Why?” Min Woo asked.

            “I want spend some time with mom and dad…and go have some fun.”

            “Have fun? You still can do that here…you and I can go back packing together once my final exam ended.” Rae Won said.

            “I miss mom and dad…they hardly come here…oppa, will you let me go there?”

            “Are you sure that’s the only reason you want to go to Canada?” Min Woo looked at me.

            “Yeah…what else could it be?”

            “If it’s what you want to do I can’t say no…tell me when you to depart and I’ll buy the ticket.”

            “Thank you oppa!” I hugged my brothers.

Then the doorbell rings.

            “That must be Taecyeon…” I said putting my plate in the sink.

            “You’re going out with him today?” Dong Wan asked.

            “Yeah…we’re going to Seoul University for his admission interview…I’m not going to be home for lunch…see you guys later.” I ran to the door.

            “Careful…”

            “Nae!”

Outside…

            “You’re ready for the interview?” I looked at Taecyeon. I know he’s nervous right now.

            “I guess so…how do I look?” he twirled couple of times.

            “Perfect! Let’s go…we can’t be late.”

Couple of hours later…outside Seoul University gate…

            “Finally…I can breathe…” Taecyeon spread his arms wide open.

            “When the result is coming out?”

            “In two weeks…”

            “I’m sure you’ll get in…” I held his hand.

            “It would be nice if you enrol here with me…”

            “But I’ve already sent my application to Anyang Culinary Academy…too bad.” It’s just a lie that I had to say to him.

            “At least we could meet each other…even though we’re in different place…” he laced his fingers with mine.

            “Yeah…” I wish that is true…

            “Let’s go for lunch at Mong hyung’s café…I’m so hungry I could eat a horse right now!”

I got home quite late that day. When I arrived, Joon was there hanging out with my brothers.

            “I’m home…Joon ah…you’re here.”

            “How’s Taecyeon interview goes?” Dong Wan asked.

            “Good…the result coming out in couple of weeks.”

            “Hyun Jae ah...you know that Joon are going back to Canada right?” Min Woo said.

            “Yeah…” I sat on the couch next to Joon.

            “How about the two of you go together? At least I’m not worried if there’s someone with you.”

            “You’re going back to Canada?” Joon looked at me.

            “Yup…I’m thinking about taking a year off and spend some time with my mom and dad there.”

            “So, what do you say?”

            “Sounds good…I’m not gonna be bored on the flight if Joon’s with me. Oppa, I’m going upstairs to rest…”

            “You want me to heat up the dinner?”

            “No thanks…I’ve already eat with Taecyeon just now.” I went up to my room.

Joon POV

I watched as Hyun Jae walked up the stairs to her room. Something is not right…

            “Joon ah…just stay here for the night…it’s already late for you to go home.” Min Woo hyung said.

            “Nae hyung…” I kept thinking about Hyun Jae. I need to find out what’s going on.

End of POV

It’s almost 2 o’ clock in the morning and I can’t bring myself to sleep. Taecyeon kept coming into my thoughts and I guess leaving without him knew is the best thing I could do. At time like these, there’s only one thing that can help me, ice cream! I went down to the kitchen, opened the fridge, and grabbed a tub of chocolate ice cream and a spoon and starts indulging.

I was eating when someone came into the kitchen.

            “Hyun Jae ah…” it was Joon.

            “You’re here? I thought you’ve gone home…”

            “Min Woo hyung wanted me to stay and I have to obey the order.” He sat on the counter next to me.

            “Want some?”

            “No thanks…Hyun Jae ah…”

            “Yeah…”

            “Something is going on right? Something bad…”

            “No…I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I said avoiding his eyes while continue eating the ice cream.

            “Hyun Jae, look at me.” he took away the spoon from my hand.

            “Give it back!” I tried to reach for the spoon but he put it away.

            “Why don’t you tell me what’s really going on? With this whole going back to Canada thing…”

            “I told you, I want to spend some time with my parents before going to college…”

            “No…there must be something else you’re hiding isn’t it?”

            “Can you give me the spoon back? The ice cream gonna melt…”

            “Not until you tell me what’s going on…”

            “Fine…I’m breaking up with Taecyeon and leaving for Canada for a while.”

            “You’re just saying that just to get your spoon back aren’t you?” he stared at me thinking I was joking. After a while, he realised that I was telling him the truth. “You’re serious?”

            “Yup…” I grab the spoon from his hand and continue eating.

            “But why? I thought everything is going on well with him.”

            “It’s part of the deal I made with Soo Yeon…I break up with Taec and leave so that he could get his spot back in that Seoul U admission interview.”

            “What does Soo Yeon had to do with all that?” he frowned.

            “Apparently she has some sort of power on the admission committee.”

            “And you’d do that?”

            “I had to…Seoul U mean everything to Taecyeon…if that I have to do so he could get in then I would.”

            “What about your plan going to Anyang Culinary Academy? You’ve always wanted to go there.”

            “That can wait…it’s not like I’m not coming back…”

            “Are you sure that’s the best thing for you?”

            “I think so...look at the bright side, I get to spend quality time with my parents, relax and have fun.” Without realising tears formed at the corner of my eyes.

            “Why did I sense that you’re suffering with all these, huh?” Joon wiped the tears away with his thumb.

            “I’ve made this decision so I guess I have to bear with it.” I tried to smile but I end up crying even more.