Chapter 52 - I'll Back Off So That You Can Live Better

忘れないで ~ Don't Forget (Sequel to Back To Me)

Key’s POV

After getting the key, I called Reina to ask where she was. I had agreed to let her go out even though the person she’s meeting was Doojoon. I had to, since I had to go get the key of the house and that I had ran out of excuse to tell Reina. I had been finding excuses to tell Reina so that I could go out and find the suitable house for us.

*We’ll finally have some time together after today* I quickly dialed Reina’s number.

‘Hey darling, where are you?’ I called and asked after she picked up the phone.

‘Im still at the restaurant with Doojoon but we should be going back soon’ Reina said.

‘Alright then, I’ll pick you up later. Is an hour enough?’ I asked over the phone.

‘Yeah, we’re almost done here. See you later’ Reina replied.

‘See you’ I hang up the phone and went straight to my car, preparing to meet Reina.

*I hope she likes this* I looked at the ring box containing the house key inside before starting the engine of my car.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eL3lKPVq-0

 

 

-------Flashback--------

‘This is the last one sir.’ The housing agent said as he guided me to the next house. I nodded and followed him behind.

*Finally!* I looked at the penthouse in front of me with satisfaction. This was the 7thhouse I’ve been today. I had been looking for a new house for the past 2 weeks and that I was beginning thinking if I’ll ever find one house that will meet my criteria. I wanted my new house to be perfect because I wanted to buy a house that Reina would like and that’s the only reason why I decided to move house. I wanted to propose to her with this instead of a ring so I wanted our new house to be perfect.

I followed the agent as he introduces me around the house. The location of the penthouse was good. I knew Reina would love it since the house was facing the beach where she can wake up to see the view of sea in front of her and that she could see her favourite sunrise and fall whenever she likes. I could already see her excited self and her beautiful smile in my mind now if she sees this house.

‘When can I get this house?’ I asked the agent without further delay.

‘Pardon me?’ the agent said and looked at me with a surprise expression.

‘I would like to buy this house’ I said slowly and clearly for the agent to hear.

‘I can give you the contract tomorrow and after you sign the contract the house would be yours.’ The agent said with his eyes brightened and smiling brightly for the first time after these 2 weeks of meeting him.

-------End Of Flashback-------

 

Reina’s POV

‘Reina’ I turned to the direction the voice was from.

‘Key’ I smile as he walks towards me.

*This is the one I love now* I told myself as Key walked towards me. I was about to hug him when he stopped me. I frowned and looked at him. I didn’t understand why.

‘Lets break up Reina.’ Key said suddenly. I was shocked as I processed his words. I couldn’t believe what I heard.

‘What did you just say Key? I didn’t hear you’ I ask to confirm what I had heard, thinking that what I had previously heard was a mistake. I thought my ears were playing tricks on me.

‘You heard what I said Reina, I said lets break up’ Key repeated again.

‘Why? You don’t love me anymore?’ I asked.

‘I do, I always will.’ Key whispered the last part.

‘I dont understand you Key. Why are you breaking up with me when you claimed that you love me?’ I asked in frustration now.

‘I do, but you don’t Reina’ Key said, his eyes clearly in pain. I was about to deny it when Key cut my words.

‘Don’t deny it Reina, I know you better than you know yourself. I was the one looking at you all these while, how could I not know who you really love. You may be able to lie to yourself but you can never be able to lie to me Reina.’ Key said.

 

Key’s POV

‘When was the last time you truly smile Reina?’ I asked. Reina immediately stopped fighting back.

*I had to let her go now* As much as I didn’t wanted to deny, I know that her heart will never belong to me, Reina can never love me back the same way as I love her. I had arrived early and decided to surprise her by hiding at a side of the corner. I’ve seen the entire thing while hiding at the corner. I’ve seen how Reina avoided Doojoon’s gaze, how she tried hard to control her tears, her feelings for him when he confessed to her. Even though her voice sounded cold when she rejected Doojoon, I knew she still love him. I had to let go of her now even though I didn’t want to.

‘It wasn’t love Reina, it was pity and pity was never part of love.’ I felt my throat tightening up but I knew I had to say it.

‘You stayed with me because of pity, not love. You didn’t want me to become like you, a substitute. That’s why you stayed with me and lie to yourself all these while that you’re in love with me.’ I force the words out. Everytime the words came out, it felt like a knife was stabbed deep into my heart.

‘I was never the key to your heart was I? Doojoon is the one isn’t it?’ I tried my best to say but they came out as a whisper. Reina didn’t say anything, a tear slipped down instead. I cupped her face and wipe it away with my thumb.

‘Go to him, he’s the one you truly love. I wont say I’ll be okay but I’ll live through it.’ I finished my last sentence. Although my heart hurts to let her go, I knew I had to.

‘Im sorry.’ Reina said as more tears fall.

‘Don’t be, you did nothing wrong. If someone’s at fault, its me. It was my fault for not finding you sooner than him,  it was my fault for not able to make you fall for me so don’t be sorry.’ I comforted Reina.

‘Key..’ Reina said.

‘Go, I’ll be fine.’ I said and place a kiss on Reina’s forehead. Reina hesitated for awhile before turning her back towards me and run.

‘Thank you’ was the last words I heard from her before she started running towards the direction Doojoon had left.

*Now this is really the end isn’t it? We’re really over now* I stood there and watched Reina run to him.

*You better not make her shed anymore tears Doojoon. Don’t make me regret returning her back to you* I clenched my fist and started walking home instead of using my car despite the fact that I had to walked 3 hours to reached home. Nothing matters anymore.

 

 

Last confession done! Its this song again! I bet you all have heard this song for many times in my story already right? I shall tell you the reason why I didnt put Reina with Key or Junhyung and Chunji. It is because of this song. I really love this song a lot and thats the reason how I started writing Back To Me. I didnt want the story in the Mv to just end like that, I wanted this song to have a better ending. Sorry to be who hope that Reina could end up with Key, Chunji or Junhyung.