Chapter 5

忘れないで ~ Don't Forget (Sequel to Back To Me)

Reina’s POV

That was about an hour ago. After crying, he became quiet. We were seated down at the couch in silence. I stood up and started walking towards the kitchen when he grabbed my wrist.

‘Relax, Im just going to the kitchen to get both of us drinks.’ I said to him when I saw his eyes, saw how frighten they were, frightened that I will leave him.

I walked back to where he was with 2 bottles of water.

‘Im back. Here take this.’ I said to him and passed him a bottle of water. He nodded, staring into space in front of him after he took a sipped from his bottle.

There was a moment of silence between us again. My mind was wondering who Reii was all this while. I wanted to ask who this Reii person was but I don't know if it's the right time now. Before I couldn’t even stop myself, I had already had the question slipped out of my mouth.

‘Reii.. Who is she..?’ Her name slipped out at first but I gain all my courage later and asked the question I’ve been thinking. I needed to know who she was, I want to know. The first time Doojoon saw me, he called out her name too.

I saw Doojoon frozed as he heard her name. He turned to face me. I could see hesitation in his eyes. He was hesitating whether to tell me about Reii.

‘Its okay, you don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to’ I said to him and took a sip of my water. i didn’t want him to force himself to tell me who Reii was if he didn’t want to. I didn’t want to see he hurt himself, struggling to tell me about Reii, struggling about his past.

It was my turn to stare into the space in front of me.

‘Well, this is Reii.’ He said as he showed his phone to me. I took a closer look and saw the girl in the picture. I was shocked, the girl inside looked just like me. The only thing different is our hair style, other than that, we could be perfect twins!

The Doojoon inside the photo was so much happier compared to now. The way he smiled now was unable to compare to the smile he had beside Reii. He looked so happy and contented inside the photo. I took one last look at her photo and looked back at Doojoon.

‘She’s Reii?’ I asked wearily.

‘Yes, she’s my girlfriend, my one and only.’ He said, his voice almost like a whisper. He took his phone back and caress her picture. He smiles as he caressed her face. Although he smiles, it was a sad one, a smile full of longing.

‘If you really love her so much, why didn’t you go find her?’ I asked curious.

‘I cant..’ He said as he looked at me, his voice barely audible.

‘Why not?’ I asked curious and angry. I was angry that he let her go even though he was in love with her deeply.

‘She’s dead.’ He said as he looked at her photo. His tears were threatening to flow out again.

My eyes widened as I heard what he said. *She’s dead* I couldn’t help but pity him.

‘Today was the day she died. It happened 3 years ago. We were supposed to tell my CEO that we’re going to be together no matter what, we’re going to tell the whole world that we’re together.’ He continued. I just sat there and listened to what he had said.

‘She died right in front of me. Reii died right in front of me. She was being bumped by a car and I couldn’t save her. I was so useless. I couldn’t even save the one I love’ he said as he tried hard to control his emotions. His tears were flowing again. 

‘Shushh.. Its not your fault, you didn’t know she would be hit by a car.’ I bring him close to me and tried to console him.

Doojoon had fallen asleep after awhile of crying. I wanted to get up and get blanket for him but once I stand up he grabbed onto my hands.

*Isn’t he asleep?* I thought.

‘Don’t go!’ Doojoon whispered with his eyes close.

*He wasn’t*

‘Im not leaving, Im just going to get some blanket for you.’ I said to him. Doojoon was still holding onto my wrist. Without a choice I sit back down on the couch. He lay his head on my shoulder with his eyes still closed.

Time passed, his head was still on my shoulder. He didn’t said anything after crying and I didn’t too. I didn’t know what to say to him. He’s too fragile now.

‘Reii .. Reii..’ He mumbled with his eyes closed.

‘Doojoon?’ I asked but he just keeps mumbling her name.

*He’s asleep.* I turned my face to look at him. I used my hand to brush away his fringe that has blocked his face.  A tear slipped from the side of his eyes while he mumbled Reii’s name.

*You really love her don’t you?* I looked at his face. Even when he sleeps, he still thinks of her. I felt my heart winced in pain as I see him suffered, the pain he still have even though he’s sleeping.

*What kind of person are you Reii? To be able to make him love you so much.* I couldn’t help think about Reii.