Chapter 37 - Misunderstood

忘れないで ~ Don't Forget (Sequel to Back To Me)

Reina’s POV

3 days have passed since the grand opening. Everytime I tried to talk to Key he would say he’s busy and I barely see him. When both of us were in store he would either busy designing his clothes, checking on the stocks or attending to the customers but most of the time, he’ll be out, leaving me alone in the shop.

*Whats wrong with him? Key seems to be avoiding me* I couldn’t help sighed in bed as stare at the empty space beside me.

*What time will he be back? Its 2am already*I had stayed up to wait for him but he still wasn’t back yet. I practically had never seen him after morning breakfast.

The next day I woke up to see Key cooking in the kitchen as I could smell the delicious cooking he made.

‘So early? I thought you came back late yesterday?’ I said with my eyes still closing.

‘Go wash up first, breakfast will be ready.’ Key say while he continue frying the omelet.

*He didn’t even greet me like how he used to every morning* I leave dejectedly. I went back to the living room after a shower to see Key already started eating his breakfast.

‘Key,’ I call as I sit down.

‘Eat first, the food is already turning cold.’ Key said.

‘Im done, eat well’ Key said as he got up from his seat.

‘Wait, why are you avoiding me?’ I asked quickly before he was gone. Key stopped and turn to look at me.

‘I didn’t. Why would you think Im avoiding you?’ Key said as if he didn’t know he did.

‘Ok then lets talk. Remember I told you I have something to say to you?’ I began. But as soon as I said this Key’s face change.

‘Reina, lets talk later shall we? I need to head out soon.’ Key said.

‘See you’re avoiding me’ I stated angrily.

‘No. Really, Im meeting Shindong hyung in half an hour time.’ Key said

‘5 minutes only. Its about Doojoon’ I said. Key walked towards the kitchen while I followed behind.

‘Doojoon he’ I said quickly but was cut by Key.

‘Stop! I don’t want to know’ Key shouted suddenly and cover his ear with both of us hands. I was shocked to see Key like that.

‘Please don’t tell me you’re leaving me. I don’t want to hear it’ Key said with his hands still on his ears.

*He misunderstood!* Everything cling into place now that I heard what he had said. He thought I was going back to Doojoon.

 

Key’s POV

Reina put my hands down. I know there’s no way I could avoid her anymore. I close my eyes while waiting for her to speak.

*She’s leaving now* I felt my heart sank while I wait for her to talk.

‘Im not leaving you silly.’ I heard Reina said.

*She finally said it. She’s not leaving me* I didn’t want to hear anymore. Wait wait hold on, did Reina just said she’s not leaving me? I open my eyes quickly to see Reina expression.

‘You’re not leaving?’ I asked again to confirm.

‘No.’ Reina said without hesitation.

‘That day..’ I was confuse now.

‘That day Doojoon did ask for forgiveness and ask me to go back to him but I rejected.’ Reina explained.

‘Wo! You’re staying with me!’ I spun Reina around after hearing what she said. I couldn’t believe it. Reina was rejecting Doojoon for me.

‘Hahahas put me down Key, Im going to puke out my breakfast if you continue spinning.’ Reina said as I spun.

‘Whoops sorry darling’ I said and quickly put her down. I was too happy that I forgotten about it.

‘Thank you, thank you for staying with me.’ I said and place a kiss on her forehead.

‘Im going  back to continue my breakfast’ Reina said and left quickly to hide her blush. I grin wider at the sight.

 

Reina’s POV

I was in the storage finding stocks to replenish. It was another day at the store alone. Key had left for to meet Shindong after sending me to work this morning.

‘Dii.. Dii..’ I heard vibration of my handphone and went to pick it up. I smile when I saw who the call was from.

‘Hello?’ I answered.

‘Did you miss me?’ I miss you lots!’ Key said from the line.

‘Hehehe we have just separated from 6 hours only.’ I said after a chuckle.

‘Close the shop early today, Im on my way to fetch you now, we’ll go have some dinner.’ Key said.

‘Okay, see you later’ I replied and hang up.

*Looks like I had to replenish them tomorrow.* I close the storage door and switch off the light before walking down the stairs. Although there wasn’t many people visiting our shop, the business was considered good as people who visit often buy 2 or more shopping bags of clothes.

I switch all the lights and air con on the first floor and did a double check before I close the shop. I open the door and was about to go out when I heard a huge high pitch screaming voice coming right in my direction. I turned to see someone running for his life. I see he had a lead and was in trouble. I quickly reached out to grab his wrist before he ran through me. I pulled him inside and quickly close the door before his lead caught where he was. Both of us keep in silence until the loud girl screams were no longer heard.

‘Thank you’ he panted.

‘You’re welcome’ I said and smiled at him. I knew it was none of my business but I couldn’t bear to let those crazy people out there to swallow him but looking at the way he dress I wonder if he’s even sane. He was wearing at least 3 layers of clothes and had a scarf wrapped around his neck when it wasn’t even winter yet.  I looked at him up and down and kinda regretted helping him.

*Omo what if he's a ? A serial killer? What do I do now?* I remained calmed on the outside but I was crazily jumping in anxious inside.

*Key!!!!* I mentally shouted as he walks towards me.