The Proposal II

Breaking Boundaries

Author's Note: As promised, here's the continuation of the proposal chapter. I wrote it overnight while soundtripping so yeah, expect for some songs in this chap. Might as well listen to them especially the last one. :)

-------------------------------------------

 

Still in Krystal's POV

 

TONIGHT’S SPECIAL

SIZZLING HOT GRILLED LLAMA w/ ICE PRINCESS MANGO SAUCE

Serving from 9pm to infinity

 

I couldn’t stop giggling when I realized what was happening. Amber might have planned on making it up to me through this surprise date on the place we first met. That cheesy dork. *blushes*

 

“Good evening, Miss. Welcome to Sung Jin,” I was startled by that familiar manly voice from behind. There I found Nichkhun oppa, the guy whom I thought to be overseas with his beloved wife was standing right in front of me, wearing a light pink long sleeve with white bow tie and suspenders, smiling radiantly at me.

 

“O-Oppa, how come you’re here? I-I thought you’re overseas with Vic unnie?” I asked in disbelief. He didn’t speak but shrugged his shoulders instead and motioned towards the glass door to open it for me. I gave him a slight nod before entering the shop covered in total darkness.

 

As soon I stepped inside, the place was suddenly illuminated by beautiful mini lanterns which displayed a romantically decorated Sung Jin ramyun shop. I looked for Nichkhun oppa but he was then nowhere to be found.

 

There I was standing at one end of a long red carpeted aisle showered with white rose petals. Sung Jin was given a total makeover, including the counter at the middle which suddenly turned into a mini stage set with three microphone stands, two guitars on stand and beatbox with chimes. At the other end of the aisle, just in front of the stage was a perfectly set candlelight table for two.

 

“That dork,” I mumbled as I smiled widely to myself. Amber’s a person full of surprises but I never thought she would pull off something romantic as this. I thought such thing only exists in movies but Amber just made my life like a movie!

 

Before anything else, I heard voices coming from behind the mini stage where Sung Jin kitchen was located and a moment later Key was pushed out by Jinki followed by Taemin, Jonghyun and Donghae oppa. They looked funny in those pink long sleeves and bow ties like Nichkhun oppa’s matching their slick old-fashioned combed hairstyles. They surely would make it as Etude House models, only way back in the 1970s. Their unusual behaved way of walking also made me laugh. My guy friends who used to walk either coolly or lazily, they just walked like obedient kindergarten kids in a straight line.

 

Aigoo, Amber surely have planned this with these guys all along and taught them a little bit of her dorkiness. *giggles*

 

I was still wearing an ear to ear smile as I walked down the aisle on my way to the candlelit table. At the same time, the guys positioned themselves on the stage with Jonghyun being at the center mic stand, Jinki on the left while Key took the right mic. Taemin sat on a stool and buckled the guitar’s strap around him while Donghae oppa sat on the beatbox. Each of them pulled a calm and serious expression except for the diva who was struggling to contain his laughter.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_drGaBKYq1w

 

“Hana, dul, set.” The group started playing Honesty by Shinee to give my walk to the table a much more dramatic feel. I was surprised when Choi Minho, also wearing the group’s pink uniform, popped out of nowhere and pulled the chair for me.

 

I’m sure it’s that dork’s idea to wear such stupid costumes. Haha!

 

I took the seat that Minho had offered and I saw him gave me a meaningful nod and a warm smile before walking back to the kitchen location.

 

Neul geu jariae isseonal ji kyeojwoseo

Neul naega badeul binan daesinhaeseo

Amu maldeo eobsi nal gamssajun ne museubeul ijen

Naega geoulcheorom bichuryeo hae

Translation:

Because you’ve always been there to protect me
Because you’ve taken the criticism that I should receive
You have shielded me without a word and now
I will reflect you like a mirror

 

Jonghyun, being gifted with impressive vocal prowess, led the song and was supported by Jinki, Luna’s choir member boyfriend. And there was also Key who looked like a total idiot at first but never failed to amaze me of his unexpectedly great voice. The lyrics of the song touched my heart and jerked my tears for it was like written for me and that llama. And after the last part of the chorus sung by Jinki, my beloved Amber just went up the stage for the rap part.

 

Gilgodo gininyeonwi ggeune
Eodiyeo daheul ji moreul jogchagyeog ggeute
Seoro beweogamyeo manheun geoseul neuggyeo
Maeum phyohyeonhagin hangsang nejeo
Gaseumeneun ijhyeojiji anhgessji
Nunenun namgyeojyeo osgo issgaessji

Nawi gippeumi neoege hengbogi dwindamyeon

Gomawo

Translation:

At the end of this very long connection
At the end of this train stop, unaware of where it’ll reach
We learn as we go on and feel many things
I’m always late at expressing my emotions

You won’t be forgotten in my heart, right?
You’ll remain in my eyes as you smile, right?
If my joy can become your happiness
I’ll be thankful


I was crying and laughing hard at the same time as I watched how Amber showcased her cool rap while gazing at me with loving eyes. She looked so adorable in that same outfit, only a bright red long sleeve instead of light pink, and her usually messy hair was then combed on one side. My llama surely looked handsome and cute, plus her dorkiness made her even more perfect.

 

“Krystal Jung! Saranghae!” the dork shouted as soon as the song finished, making me blush like hell on my seat. My heart was overflowing with happiness because of Amber’s surprise, washing away the upset feeling she caused me these past two days. She then jumped off the stage, arms wide open to meet me. I didn’t hesitate to run towards her, throwing myself in her warm loving arms.

 

“I love you too!”

 

Amber lifted me happily and we turned a couple of times before landing me back on the ground and wrapping her arms around me once again as the guys started howling and whistling to tease us.

 

“Shut up! Play the next song!” Amber scolded them and our friends immediately played another song which brought back the romantic vibe. 

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2p8rCaqr-A

 

“You are really stupid.” I cried more tears of joy on her shoulder as she gently caressed my back. She kissed the side of my head before pulling off to cup my cheeks and wiped away my tears.

 

“Do you know how beautiful you look tonight, babe? You look beautiful as always.”

 

Amber leaned in for a soft kiss on my lips. I rested my hand around her neck as we move in sync of the song’s rhythm. The kiss gradually became deeper and before we got lost in each other’s spell, we pulled away for oxygen. Amber gave me her trademark heart-dropping smile as she tucked my hair behind my ears before leading me to our table.

 

“Krystal, I love you,” she told me out of the blue, still wearing a dorky smile. I’m used to Amber randomly saying those words to me but it never fails to make me blush and feel giddy.

 

“I love you too, baby,” I replied with the same sincerity as I held her hand on top of the table, making me feel how she was trembling. “Are you that nervous?” I . This llama really planned this surprise well and so far, everything’s great.

 

“I thought I’ll mess up but thanks to the guys, everything went smoothly,” she told me, returning a squeeze on my hand. Just then, Minho came once again, pushing a food trolley with a silver lid on top. Amber stood up and opened the lid, revealing a beautifully arranged bouquet of fresh white roses. “This one’s for you, princess.”

 

Gosh, there might be a colony of ants on the hunt for Amber now. This llama is just so sweet!

 

“Thank you, my dear servant.”

 

“Servant? I thought I’m your prince?” The llama pouted cutely that made me want to squish her cheeks while her bestfriend Minho silently laughed at her childish act before walking out of the scene. I gave Amber’s pouted lips a quick kiss that brought back the smile on her face.

 

“Of course you are my prince, llama. But you are my servant too.”

 

A moment later, Nichkhun oppa came with a food trolley out of the kitchen and went straight towards us. He flashed a genuine smile at his dongsaengs and acted like a real waiter in front of us.

 

“Aigoo, how can you ask the owner of this place to serve for us? Vic unnie will scold you for dragging oppa into this,” I warned Amber who was back sitting across me. I saw how she exchanged smiles with Nichkhun oppa who just placed two plates of beef tenderloin steak for each of us.

 

“I actually offered my help, Krys. Amber here came all the way from China to attend my wedding. It’s just right to help her on this one too,” oppa replied while pouring some Cabernet Sauvignon on our wine glasses. As soon as he found everything’s fine, he went back to the kitchen without forgetting to tell Amber, “Good luck, dongsaeng. You can do it.”

 

I wonder what he’s wishing good luck for.

 

Remembering what was written on the menu outside, sizzling hot grilled llama with ice princess mango sauce, I almost choked the piece of meat I was eating out of realization as I imagined how the llama would be covered with ‘sauce’.

 

Amber prepared all these for ‘that’?! But I have my period today!

 

“Baby, are you okay? Here, drink this,” Amber told me worriedly and handed me a glass of water.

 

“A-Amber.” Aish, how do I say this? I don’t want to ruin the mood but we can’t really do it tonight.

 

“Is there something wrong, Krys?”

 

“B-Baby, I’m sorry but—aish. This is embarrassing.”

 

“It’s okay. C’mon, tell me.”

 

“Uh I-I can’t do ‘it’.”

 

“It?” Amber raised an eyebrow at me as she painted a disappointed expression on her face.

 

Gosh, the way this llama looks right now makes me feel guilty. *sigh*

 

“Amber, I can’t. Not tonight. Red flag is on so...I’ll make it up to you some other time,” I finally told her, almost in whispers. I kept my head low to avoid seeing Amber’s disappointment but when she didn’t speak in a minute, I lifted my head and saw her smiling dorkily at me.

 

“You really thought of doing ‘that’, huh? Too bad we can’t do it but I’ll still give you a night that you won’t forget for the rest of your life,” she said. Aigoo, why does everything that this dork says tonight are so cheesy. I’m pretty sure that my cheeks are burning red right now.

 

We continued eating our steaks and I could say that Sung Jin’s really the best place for food. Amber feed me from time to time and so did I, acting lovey dovey and completely forgetting the presence of our friends who were still singing for us. No matter how tired they looked, they still managed to flash us their happy smiles especially Key, being the most energetic of them all, who was chanting ‘Kryber forever!’ every now and then.

 

As soon as we finished our mango tart for dessert and the band finished their song as well, Amber went up onstage and grabbed one of the microphones. Jonghyun, Jinki and Key gave the floor to her and descended the stage, leaving Amber with Taemin and Donghae oppa.

 

Jongkey and Jinki settled at the right side of the stage to watch followed by Nichkhun oppa and Minho who came out of the kitchen. I was more than shocked when Vic unnie, Sulli and Luna popped out of nowhere as well as my sister and Yuri unnie who came hand in hand, both smiling widely at me.

 

The surprise didn’t end just like that when the front door opened and revealed my old rival Kim Jiwon and that Jiyeon who came together followed by those three high school girls from the other day who were spazzing like crazy right now.

 

I was still in a daze when Amber spoke through the microphone.

 

“Is everyone here?”

 

The crowd made a loud noise mixed of whistles and cheers in response.

 

“Amber, we’re connected to Jackie! She’s watching with Zhang Yixing, right now!” I heard Yuri unnie shouted from the crowd as she held her mobile phone to capture Amber.

 

Wait, Zhang Yixing? That Chinese guy in Busan? Don’t tell me she actually knows that guy?!

 

“Now that everyone’s here, I want to take this opportunity to thank you guys. First, for lending your time and coming tonight.”

 

“Wooo! Go, Ambro!” Minho cheered as the other guys started howling like dogs.

 

“It’s a pleasure to be here too, oppa!” the leader of the three high school girls followed up as her two friends started chanting ‘Oppa! Oppa!’.

 

“YAAAH! I TOLD YOU TO LOOK FOR YOUR OWN OPPA!” I blurted out all of a sudden, making the three girls hide behind Luna and Sulli.

 

“Baby, stop being jealous. You know I love you ,right?”

 

Aish, this llama had the guts to say that through the mic? Now everyone’s giving me their teasing looks and goofy smiles. Eeeeeeee!

 

“As I was saying, I also want to send my utmost gratitude to you guys for always being there for me and Krystal. You were the ones who witnessed how our love blossomed from that day I first met her here, that day when we got together after our first date, that day when we had our first quarrel because of our insecurities, that day in Busan when we officially became a couple...”

 

Amber’s announcement made my heartbeat stop as my eyes started getting watery already.

 

“That day when we broke up out of misunderstanding, that day when death almost separated me from her through an accident, that day when she sent an all out war out of jealousy during my birthday, that day when I left for China thinking that she cheated on me, that day when I came back two years later, that day when we were locked up in a hotel room to revive our love once again, that day when she suspected me of cheating on her with her sister...”

 

I found myself smiling to Amber’s message as my tears continued flooding down. I also watched how our friends giggle when she mentioned the time when they were involved. Some of them looked at me smiling from time to time, including Jiwon who mouthed ‘Are you alright?’ and signalled a two-thumb up for me.

 

“Without you guys, I wouldn’t be here at this very moment standing in front of you and my dear girlfriend. Now please bear with my cheesiness for a while and let me dedicate this song to my beautiful princess Krystal whom I met in this place two years ago, exactly where I am standing right now.” I continuously wiped my tears as Amber returned her gaze at me and flashed a sincere smile. We maintained our eyes locked at each other’s as Taemin started plucking the strings of his guitar and Donghae oppa tapped the beatbox in tune of a new song.

 

“Krystal, I love you. This song’s for you,” she said once last time before hitting the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvzm3fjtDM0

Thank you for this moment
I've gotta say how beautiful you are
Of all the hopes and dreams I could have prayed for 
Here you are


If I could have one dance forever
I would take you by the hand
Tonight it's you and I together
I'm so glad I'm your man

 

I’m so glad that I’m your woman too, Amber.

 

And if I lived a thousand years 
You know I never could explain
The way I lost my heart to you that day
But if destiny decided I should look the other way
Then the world would never know 
The greatest story ever told
And did I tell you that I love you tonight

 

“I love you too, baby. I love you,” I mumbled even though Amber couldn’t hear. I knew she saw how I mouthed those words that she let out a sweet smile.

 

Amber jumped off the stage once again and slowly walked towards me without breaking our gaze. Our friends started chanting ‘Kryber! Kryber!’ as the llama offered her hand for a dance. Totally wiping all my tears, I willingly gave my hand to Amber and let her lead me to the centre floor. She gently pulled my waist closer to her and guided my arms to wrap them around her neck as we started swaying to the melody of the song.

 

“You’re such a terrible singer,” I teased. But the truth is I had always loved Amber’s husky voice.

 

“Just let this one pass, baby. I really wanted to sing this song for you.”

 

I started to get lost inside my servant prince’s eyes as she watched me in full adoration, those deep pools that clearly reflected her pure love for me. Amber made me feel how lucky I am to have her in my life and I would never ever regret my choice of breaking my boundaries to be with her.

 

I don't hear the music
When I'm looking in your eyes
But I feel the rhythm of your body
Close to mine
It's the way we touch, it soothes me
It's the way we'll always be
Your kiss, your pretty smile
You know I'd die for 
Oh baby

 

“Saranghaeyo, Krystal-shi.”

 

I burst into more tears when Amber uttered exactly the same words as she confessed her love for me on our first lunch date two years ago, still giving off the same warmth and love. It was a proof of Amber’s unchanging love for me for the past two years, no matter what ups and downs we went through, her love for me still remains.

 

“Sssh, don’t cry. I love you, princess. I love you.”

 

“Stupid, it’s your fault. And I love you too. I will love you forever.”

 

And if I lived a thousand years 
You know I never could explain
The way I lost my heart to you that day
But if destiny decided I should look the other way
Then the world would never know 
The greatest story ever told
And did I tell you that I love you
Just how much I really need you
Did I tell you that I love you tonight?

 

“Krystal, thank you for coming into my life, for loving me unconditionally accepting my flaws and stupidity, for giving me another reason to live, for continuously bringing out the best in me, for teaching me how great it is to love and be loved, for making me the luckiest and happiest creature ever existed, for writing the greatest love story ever told with me, for being with me through—

 

Amber surely talks a lot but I didn’t care any of those words anymore. I just wanted her to feel how much I love her too. And before she could say anything else, I sealed her lips with mine for a breathtaking kiss. There’s no need for words, it’s all been said between our lips.

 

“Right, you better shut her up, Sis! That llama is all talk and—

 

“You’re talking too much too, Sica baby.”

 

I heard Jessica unnie was yelling something until I saw how her seobang shut her up with a kiss too at one corner of my eye. Our friends cheered louder as Amber deepened our kiss and after a minute or two, we both pulled off gasping for air.

 

“Amber, thank you. This surprise is more than enough to make it up to me. Promise, I’ll make it up to you some other time, okay?” I told her while slightly caressing her right cheek.

 

I expected her to hug me or kiss me once again and assure that it’s fine with her but she suddenly stooped down on her knees like begging for something.

 

. She’s not serious of that ‘sauce on a llama’, right?

 

“You don’t have to beg for it, baby. We’ll do it as soon as I’m done, okay?” I told her once again.

 

But Amber didn’t budge at all and pulled out something out of her pocket instead. It was a mini silver box tied with a little silver ribbon. She carefully opened it and the crowd whooped in chorus as it revealed a dazzling silver ring plated with small diamonds on top.

 

Just when I realized what she actually meant with’ infinity’ on that menu:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Krystal Jung, will you be with me forever, to infinity and beyond?

Will you marry me?”