Yuri's Advice

Breaking Boundaries

Yuri’s POV

 

Amber never failed to shock me these past few days. When I got home after my Saturday classes, the scene of Amber on top of another girl, kissing her on the floor really surprised me. However, the fact that the girl right now was not Jessica made me furious and relieved at the same time. How dare you kiss my Jessica last night and kiss a different one the next day? Jessica would be hurt for sure if she found out about this but I was more relieved to see Amber with another girl.

 

“Guys, why don’t you do it on the bed?” I told them. These guys will be making out in no time. I laughed inside as erted thoughts started rolling like a film in my mind. Amber and the girl looked embarrassed when they saw me that they started to pull away from each other.

 

“Uh. I think I need to go,” the girl with a long black hair told Amber. Her cheeks were blushing. She greeted me with a bow before walking towards the door while Amber followed her out.

 

The room was totally a mess; unwashed plates all over the kitchen sink, pillows scattered all over the floor but there’s this romantic ambiance all over the room. So that beautiful girl might be Krystal? But how can she have the same cold eyes that I thought only my Jessica possesses? Yes, since Amber doesn’t look like she’s serious about Jessica, I decided to call her mine.

 

“Yul, you ruined it!” my roommate just got back and was stomping her feet like a child.

 

“Why? We’re you about to do it when I came?” I asked, teasing my roommate who just blushed.

 

“No! It’s just that I wanted to spend more time with Krystal like that,” Amber who looked serious all of a sudden told me. She grabbed the apron on the kitchen and started washing the plates. “What do you think about her, Yul? Isn’t she pretty?”

 

“She looks okay,” I simply told her. Actually, I didn’t find that girl attractive at all though she was undeniably beautiful. Only her cold eyes left some mark which reminded me of the girl of my dreams. Although I only managed to see Jessica for a few times, the thought of her always makes my heart beat so fast. But she liked my roommate instead.

 

“Yul, that girl just now was Krystal, the one I met at Sung Jin,” Amber told me while she was washing the dishes. I could sense true happiness in her voice too.

 

“Are you together now?” I asked her as I helped her wash the plates. I wonder what the real score between them is; I hope they started dating so I could make a move on Jessica somehow.

 

Amber’s POV

 

The plate I was rinsing almost slipped from my hands when Yuri suddenly asked me if Krystal and I were together. The feeling of euphoria disappeared when worried thoughts started to pop up inside my mind. Everything happened so fast that what happened between me and Krystal today was like a dream but it was too real to be considered as one. Does Krystal really love me? Why will she fall in love with someone like me? What if she’s just playing games with me? Crazy questions filled my head before I was able to answer Yuri’s question. “No, we’re just friends.”

 

I saw how Yuri freaked out when she heard me. “Friends? You almost ended up in bed but you’re just friends? Don’t you like her, Am?” she asked me.

 

“I like her, Yul. And I think I love her. She told me she loves me too but it’s just that everything’s going too fast for us, you know. It’s been two weeks since we first saw each other, five days since we officially met, 2 days since I asked her out on our first date. And now we confessed our love for each other,” I opened up my worries to Yuri. “What if she’s just playing with me? I don’t know her that much yet. What if what she feels for me is not love after all? What if—“

 

“Yah, yah. Stop thinking about those stupid things, I only asked you if you like her,” she told me before letting out a deep sigh. “Ok, so the feeling is mutual and yes, two weeks is too fast for a person to fall in love. But it doesn’t matter if we fall in love that fast or that slow; it’s all about the strength of our feelings for that one person.”

 

“But what if she doesn’t really love me and was just carried away by the situation earlier?”

 

“Am, even if she doesn’t feel the same, you can always do something to make her fall in love with you,” Yuri advised me. “Wait. Don’t tell me you’re afraid to risk your heart again because of what that Ji Won did to you? Amber, this situation is different. Krystal accepted you and even kissed you, don’t think that it would be another Ji Won scenario.”

 

I was frozen when Yuri mentioned Ji Won. Yes, the heartbreak that Ji Won caused me is the reason why I’m still hesitant towards Krystal. I’m afraid that I will just get hurt in the end and live another miserable chapter of my life.

 

“It’s too early to think about heartbreak, dude. Just give Krystal a chance; maybe she really does love you. Stop thinking about Ji Won, ok? That b*tch won’t even give a damn about you and Krystal. You deserve to be happy,” she told me.

 

Everything Yuri said has a point but still I couldn’t shake off the fear growing inside me. I received a text message from the girl who’s driving me crazy right now.

 

*beep*

From Krystal-shi:

Yah, Amber Liu. I love you. :)

 

I’m sorry, Krys. I think I can’t trust your ‘love’ for now.

 

Krystal’s POV

 

Remembering the moments and kisses I shared with Amber earlier made me smile. Knowing that Amber loves me too made me even happier. So this is the feeling of being loved by the person you love, huh? I feel like I’m the luckiest and happiest person alive! When I got home, I texted my llama that I love her but I was disappointed when she didn’t reply the same words that I expected.

 

From Amber:

Did you arrive home?

 

ASGHGHSGKJASAGSHGAS What the hell was that, Amber Liu?!

 

To Amber:

DON’T YOU LOVE ME TOO YOU STUPID LLAMA???

 

Amber really made me furious with her reply that I almost throw my phone. What is this llama thinking anyway? It wasn’t hard for her to say those words to me in person, why can’t she say it on a text message? Stupid stupid stupid, Amber Liu. >.<

 

*beep*

From Amber:

I love you too, Krys. :*

 

And I rolled happily on my bed.

 

Yuri’s POV

 

My anger towards Amber subsided when I saw how serious she is about that Krystal. I hope this idiot wouldn’t be hurt by that girl. She told me that falling in love in two weeks was too fast. Then how fast could five days be considering that I only saw Jessica five days ago? -.-

 

“Hey, did you eat my breakfast this morning? Krystal heard that my boss cooked for me and when she saw the empty plates, she suspected I ate everything. We almost had a fight you know,” Amber told me as she was fixing the scattered pillows.

 

Of course, I ate them all! You left the food untouched especially prepared by my dear Jessica for you! “Oh y-yeah, y-you said I could eat some,” I told Amber, stuttering.

 

“But you ate them all, you glutton! You should have spared the sausages for me,” the idiot told me while she was texting. She looked sad that I got curious and took a peek on her phone; it was Krystal’s all caps ‘DON’T YOU LOVE ME TOO YOU STUPID LLAMA???’ text. Aigoo, stupid Amber will break someone’s heart this time.

 

“Yah! Why didn’t you say that you love her too?” I told her and she was surprised to see me peeking at her phone. “Send her a reply and tell her that you love her too. You’re going to tell the truth anyway,” I advised her. Amber turned red but she typed her sweet reply in front of me instead. ‘I love you too, Krys. :*’ Aish. When will I be able to tell the same words to Jessica?

 

“Yah, stop peeking and go text your girlfriends instead!” my roommate told me as she tuck her phone in her pocket. I broke up with all my girlfriends, Amber! “Oh Yuri, before I forgot. I’ll be leaving next weekend for the Busan seminar.”

 

“I know. And you’re going to attend the music festival with Sung Jin people so you will leave your poor roommate alone over the weekend,” I replied.

 

“That’s right. But since I’ll be gone for three days, I want to ask you a favour,” Amber said in a shy tone. “Jessica-shi might need me while I’m gone. Will you work for my boss as my substitute then?”