Unsaid Words II

Breaking Boundaries

Amber’s POV

 

Kim Ji Won had been bugging me to meet her since we saw each other in Busan but I had been ignoring her messages since then too. My mind was set not to see her again but there’s something inside my heart telling me to go and meet her.

 

‘Just meet her, Amber. It won’t hurt you that much if you meet her, right? Unless you still have feelings for her,’ my bestfriend Choi Minho told me once.

 

There’s nothing to lose, right?

 

I decided to meet Ji Won at Tresto restobar where we used to hang out before. It’s been a long time since I visited the place full of my memories with her. I just entered the place when my phone vibrated all of a sudden.

 

*ring* Kwon Yuri calling

 

“Yeah, Kwon Yuri?”

 

“Amber, don’t hang up, okay? Just listen to this,” she told me from the other line.

 

But my attention was caught by a familiar voice singing on Tresto’s stage. It was my girlfriend’s sister and my boss, Jessie noona. Her voice, I didn’t know how to describe it exactly but hearing it gave me a heavenly feeling. And the song lyrics, it seemed like it was purposely written for her to sing and dedicate it to me. Every word strikes me with guilt that it just made me speechless.

 

“A-Amber?” I was surprised when Yuri suddenly popped up beside me with the same surprised expression on her face.

 

“Yul! What are you doing here?” I asked her as I looked back at Jessica who just finished the song and descended from the stage. My eyes met Jessica’s and I saw how she froze for a while when she saw me then slowly walked towards us. “Noona! Your voice is awesome!” I praised her, trying to get rid of the awkwardness between us.

 

“Thanks,” she replied softly without meeting my gaze and went back to their table.

 

“Am, why are you here?” my roommate asked in a surprised tone as we sat together with Jessie.

 

“Oh. I just came to drink a few bottles,” I lied. They must not know the real reason why I was there. Jessica-shi might tell Krystal about it and my jealous girlfriend would skin me alive for sure. Aish. Why do they have to be here of all places? *sigh* “How about you? Are you guys on a date?” I teased Yuri instead to avoid talking about the reason why I was there.

 

I saw how the ert’s face got red all of a sudden. “I uhmm w-we just—

 

“Yuri-shi asked me out for dinner.” My roommate and I were both surprised when Jessica talked and I couldn’t help but feel happy for my roommate who seemed to be deeply in love with her.

 

“Really? That’s good then! Noona, you and Yuri should hang out more,” I told her sincerely. You deserve to be loved, noona. I’m sorry I can’t return your love but Kwon Yuri will give you that love instead. “Maybe I should take my leave now so you guys can enjoy each other’s company.” I actually just wanted to get out of the place before Jessie finds out my real purpose on going there.

 

“I thought you’re going to drink a few bottles? Let’s drink then,” Yuri invited me and I just glared at her. Kwon Yuri, you idiot! Just let me go and enjoy this moment with your beloved Jessica!

 

“You should stay, Amber. I want to talk to you about Krystal,” noona told me in a cold serious tone. Her mention of Krystal made me frozen on where I was. It was just right to talk about my relationship with her sister but tonight was just not the right time.

 

“Let’s talk some other time, I really need to go.” I stood and made a deep bow in front of her. “I’m sorry, noona. See you next time. Yul, take care of her, okay?”

 

“Stay here or I won’t let you date my sister.” And just in one snap, I fell back on my seat. Jessie noona used my vulnerability this time that I was left with no choice but to stay.

 

“Amber, are you and Krystal back together? I thought you had no memories of her?” Yuri whispered to me as Jessica-shi kept throwing her fearful glares at us.

 

“It’s a long story, Yul. But yes, we’re back together,” I whispered back.

 

“Yah! Are you just going to leave me out of your conversation?!” the scary Jessica Jung yelled at us, making Yuri and I tremble on our seats.

 

“S-Sorry, J-Jessica-shi,” my roommate apologized immediately. Aigoo. That’s so not like you, Kwon Yuri. Are you that scared of Jessie? I tried to stop myself from laughing at Yuri’s nervousness in front of Jessica.

 

“Are you having fun, everyone?” the familiar voice over the microphone made my heart dropped out of my chest. It was the voice that I never heard for such a long time but my heart recognized its owner easily. The girl I once loved was standing on stage, looking as dazzling as ever.

 

“Amber, isn’t that—

 

Kim Ji Won.

 

Yuri’s POV

 

Why is Amber here? I knew she was just lying when she told me that she just dropped by for a few bottles of beer. She was the one who introduced me Tresto two years ago and I knew very well what this place meant to her. The answer lay in front of me when the picture of the girl on Amber’s desk came alive. Kim Ji Won, Amber’s old flame was singing on stage.

 

Damn, Amber. Did you come to see her? The Jung sisters will kill you for sure!

 

“Liu Yi Yun, are you even listening to me?!” Jessica snapped at Amber who seemed to be spacing out. “I was asking if my sister knows that you’re here?!”

 

“Huh? Ah, no. My battery got drained, I couldn’t contact her,” Amber replied. What an excuse. Dude, you’re going to ruin your reputation in front of your girlfriend’s sister! Aish.

 

“Uhmm Jessica-shi, it’s getting late. Do you want to go home?” I told Her Royal Highness to help Amber get out of this situation.

 

“Shut up, Kwon Yuri! She said Krystal doesn’t know that she’s here! What if this idiot is here to meet with another girl?! I can’t let her play around with my sister!” the furious Jessica said.

 

Are you really concerned about your sister? Or is it for your own peace of mind, Your Highness?

 

“They say first love never dies. I thought it was just a silly belief at first but when I had mine, I came to realize that the belief is somehow true,” Ji Won said on the microphone all of a sudden, making Amber and I turn our heads.

 

“Yah, what is that girl saying—

 

“Don’t listen,” I told Jessica-shi and covered her ears with my hands.

 

“Kwon Yuri, get your hands off me!” she protested and pushed my hands away.

 

“Amber Josephine Liu Yi Yun, this song’s for you.”

 

https://soundcloud.com/sosimirage/snsd-sunny-finally-now-ost

 

Always just getting mad at you
That was me
I haven't done anything for you
I'm sorry

Never listening to what you had to say
And always just making you cry every day
That was me

I'm sorry that you met a person like me
Not receiving love and only leaving behind hurt

I'm sorry
I'm sorry

I know that I cannot live without you
Finally now

Scoldings to not skip a meal
I cannot hear those anymore

Your letter and picture is still inside my drawer
Although it means nothing anymore
Although you're not next to me anymore

But I can't forget you
But I suppose you are holding another person and loving them

What can I do
What can I do

I know that I cannot live without you
Finally now

I suppose you have erased me now
I suppose you are happy loving another person now

What can I do
What can I do

I know that I cannot live without you
Finally now

 

Kim Ji Won’s heartfelt rendition of the song made the three of us speechless. Even my Jessica listened to her until the song finished. I couldn’t really tell what Amber was thinking since she was just watching Ji Won with a calm blank face. But I knew for sure that this dinosaur had already move on from that b*tch and was happy with Krystal already.

 

“I know it’s too late to say these words to you, Amber. But I still want you to know. I loved you, I still love you and I will always love you,” Ji Won announced, creating gasps and murmurs from the customers. Amber seemed to be surprised too.

 

Is that b*tch serious? If she had said those words two years ago, my roommate must have lived a happy normal life and must be graduating college this year! How dare she come back in Amber’s life when everything’s fine already? Tss.

 

“Do you know that girl, Kwon Yuri-shi?” I heard Jessica asked in a cold flat tone.

 

“Uhmm it’s Kim Ji Won, Amber’s...highschool sweetheart,” I replied.

 

“You’re so dead, Amber Liu. I’ll kill you for my sister.”

 

And before I could react, Her Royal Highness was already standing in front of Amber.

 

“JESSICA-SHI! DON’T!”

 

“Don’t dare seeing my sister after this.”

 

*SLAP*

 

Jessica’s POV

 

Amber came to the same place just in time when I was singing a song for her and I was stupid enough to assume that destiny brought us together. She said she’s out for a drink and I fell for that excuse but when some girl suddenly confessed her love for Amber publicly, I knew she lied just now. How can you see another girl behind my sister’s back?! But heaven knows that it was all just my burning jealousy.

 

*SLAP*

 

“Amber, are you okay?” That Kim Ji Won stormed towards us and nursed Amber. “Yah, who do you think you are to hurt her?” she snapped at me.

 

*SLAP* I slapped the b*tch’s face this time.

 

“Noona!” Amber looked surprise by my sudden gesture and shielded her instead. Ji Won played well as a good girl when she didn’t fight back and just held her swollen cheek. Are you trying to get Amber’s sympathy?! Tss.

 

“I’m Jessica Jung, her...boss.” The b*tch just smirked when she heard me; I knew she would find me funny. “And who are you to in?” I snapped back at her. If this girl says that she’s your girlfriend, then you’re so dead, Amber Liu!

 

“I’m Amber’s...friend.” It’s my time to smirk at her as we threw death glares at each other saying ‘Back off, b*tch!’

 

“Girls, stop it. You’re catching people’s attention,” Yuri said as she tried to calm me down by patting my back. Stand by me, Kwon Yuri-shi. Don’t dare siding with that b*tch.

 

“Is she really your boss? Why does she act like your girlfriend?” Ji Won asked Amber who seemed to be tongue-tied by the sudden happenings. The dork just nodded her head slowly.

 

“She’s not her girlfriend and you’re not Amber’s girlfriend either so stop acting like one too!” Kwon Yuri scowled all of a sudden, making my heart leap out of surprise. She was looking furiously at Ji Won and it was the first time that I saw that side of her. Did she just side with me? I felt relieved at the idea.  Thank you, Yuri-shi.

 

“And who are you to meddle in this conversation? You’re not her girlfriend too, are you?” Ji Won raised her eyebrow at Yuri.

 

“No! I’m her roommate and Jessica-shi is her girlfriend’s sister!” Yuri raised her voice this time.

 

“Then off! Especially you, b*tch,” she turned towards me.

 

“What did you say?!” I got enraged by what she called me that I started to pull her hair and she fought back too. How dare you call me like that when you’re actually the b*tch between us?!

 

“Stop it! Jessica-shi, stop!” Yuri said while trying to pull me away as Amber shielded Ji Won with her body to stop our fight. “STOP IT NOW!” We were all terrified when Kwon Yuri raised her voice and we stopped pulling each other’s hairs.

 

“Ji Won-shi, please don’t be rude. They’re my friends,” Amber said calmly. I couldn’t believe that this dork acted like that towards Kim Ji Won.

 

“Let her treat me any way she wants, Amber. But I can’t let her disrespect my princess.” Then Yuri pulled my hand and dragged me out of Tresto. Wait, what did she just say? Her grip on my wrist got tighter as we walked down the busy night street of Seoul.

 

“Kwon Yuri-shi,” I tried to get her attention but she ignored me and just continued dragging me until we reached the park nearby. “Yah, you’re holding me too tight—

 

But my mouth was shut when she suddenly pressed her lips against mine and woke the sleeping butterflies in my stomach. Considering how she kissed me harshly last time when we were drunk, this kiss was nothing but an innocent peck on the lips. But I didn’t know why she left me asking for more when she pulled away and looked at me straight into the eyes.

 

*SLAP*

 

Where’s the aggressive kisser Kwon Yuri?

 

“I-I love you, J-Jessica-shi,” she confessed, stuttering.

 

*SLAP*

 

I know.

 

“I’m sorry,” she said.

 

*SLAP* *SLAP*

 

“Love means never having to say you’re sorry. Didn’t you watch Love Rain, Kwon Yuri-shi?”