Date?

Breaking Boundaries

 

Author's Note: Some kryber progress. :D I double updated today since I'll be busy tomorrow and I don't know if I could post this chapter so here it is. Happy reading guys! ^_^

---------------------------------------------------------

 

Krystal’s POV

 

That stupid llama Amber Liu made me wait for her reply the whole night only to find out that I waited for nothing. Now I feel sleepy and it’s all because of you, Amber Liu! I was in the dark and cold auditorium watching an independent film free screening. It was the university’s annual independent film festival and they’re screening movies for free. My eyes were already half-closed, good thing that the movie ended soon. The lights were and everyone was leaving. I was about to leave too but my heart leaped when I saw the person I was thinking about for the whole night, sitting on the same row as mine, only eight seats away from me.

 

“Amber?” What’s this llama doing here?

 

She turned her head to see me. “Oh, Krystal-shi. Hello there,” she said with a sweet smile. Gawd. Amber, don’t smile at me like that. :”>

 

“What are you doing here?” I asked her as I sat on the vacant seat beside her.

 

“I watched the film since it’s my vacant time. It’s kinda boring you know but we were required to do so,” she replied. “And you? What’re you doing here?”

 

“Of course I watched the film too. Why else would I be here? Duh,” I rolled my eyes and scowled at her stupid question.

 

“Ah. Of course. Right. I’ll be going then,” she said shyly and left me.

 

Did I say something wrong? Aish.

 

Amber’s POV

 

Watching that boring film would be the last thing I wanted to do but my Humanities professor required as to watch as many films as we could for a 10% incentive on the final exam. I thought he was doing that because he was the head of the festival committee and he knew that only few students would attend. I was about to leave for my 3-4pm class when Krystal suddenly appeared in front of me. She looked dazzling as usual. I was happy when Krystal was the first to approach and started a conversation. I asked her what she was doing there.

 

 “Of course I watched the film too. Why else would I be here? Duh,” she rolled her eyes and replied in a cranky tone.

 

Aw. Of course she watched the movie too, idiot Amber. “Ah. Of course. Right. I’ll be going then.” I felt my cheeks reddened so I scooted out of the auditorium and ran to my biochemistry class. During the class, Krystal’s face kept popping up inside my mind that I didn’t understand anything from our lecture. Really, Amber. Get her out of your mind or your bad grades will become worse. -.- Thinking about Krystal made me miss her and want to see her again. But you only saw her an hour ago! I couldn’t help myself so I pulled out my phone to check if she sent me a message. No message from Krystal but I got one from my boss.

 

From Jessica-shi:

See me at the lab after classes.

 

The moment the bell rung, I ran to the same laboratory we worked on the previous day. I found her wearing her lab gown and goggles as she worked on in front of the Bunsen burner, heating something.  I assumed she didn’t notice my presence so I carefully watched her as she was busily writing some data. How can she be as beautiful as Krystal? If only I had met her first, maybe I would feel the same thing I felt for Krystal and wouldn’t be involved in a rivalry with my bestfriend.

 

“Yah, are you just going to watch me do your job?!” she yelled which made surprised.

 

“Ah. S-sorry, Ma’am,” I apologized and hurriedly put on my lab gown.

 

Jessica-shi explained what I need to do and returned scribbling down some notes. Her beautiful face looked stressed which made me remember that she was sick last time.

 

“Are you ok now, Jessica-shi?” I asked her.

 

“Yeah,” she just answered. Silence filled the space between us. She didn’t talk that much during the experiment and she dismissed me after two hours. I wonder what’s wrong with my boss. ASHJGHJGSAJHJK! Did she find out about the picture? Did Yuri have the guts to upload it online or something after I almost threw her things out because of that picture?

 

“Jessica-shi, are you sure you’re alright?” I walked closer and felt her forehead; it was still hot.

 

“You’re annoying,” she said and removed my hand from her forehead before she left and took a taxi home. She really was in a bad mood. I decided to text my boss to apologize.

 

To Jessica-shi:

I’m sorry for being annoying. :( Take care and have a good rest. Don’t forget your meds. :)

 

I really cared for Jessica-shi because she’s a good person. No boss would treat her employee the way she treated me. She even cooked breakfast for me. I hope we could still be good friends even after we finish her thesis.

 

*beep* I thought it was a reply from Jessica-shi but my heart dropped out of my chest when I saw that it was from Krystal. A smile was automatically drawn upon my face.

 

From Krystal-shi:

Did you get home safely?

 

My smile got wider after reading the text and I felt this fuzzy chilling feeling as I send her my reply.

 

To Krystal-shi:

Still on my way home. How about you?

 

I got home and prepared dinner with the same smile on my face. Even Yuri noticed it.

 

“Oooh. Our Amber seems happy. Did you do it in the lab?” my ert roommate asked with a naughty smile but I saw something strange in his eyes.

 

“Don’t piss me off right now,” I told her as I scoop some rice from the cooker.

 

“You didn’t nail her on the fumehood?” she asked with sparkling eyes and a creepy smile. Why did the ert’s eyes changed suddenly? And did I just hear a sound of relief in her voice?

 

“No. I won’t do that to Jessica-shi. I respect her,” I just said and began to dig on my takehome bulgogi and kimchi.

 

“Good. Coz I will bath you with sulfuric acid if you do,” she said then left the room.

 

What’s with my roomie all of a sudden? She creeps the hell out of me.

 

I excitedly opened my inbox and read Krystal’s message.

 

From Krystal-shi:

I got home right after classes. Where have you been? It’s late.

 

Wow. She’s sending sensible replies now. What happened to the cranky Krystal a while ago?

 

Krystal’s POV

 

Aish. What’s taking this llama’s reply for so long? And why is she coming home late? Did she meet up with a girl somewhere?

 

I was anticipating for Amber’s reply that I check my phone from time to time. *beep* Oh, there it is.

 

From Amber:

I just came home from the lab. Have you eaten dinner? I’m eating right now. :))

 

Her text sounded like she’s concerned about me that it made me smile.

 

To Amber:

I’m done. You should eat a lot, you skinny llama.

 

*beep* She replied faster than a while ago.

 

From Amber:

Look who’s talking. :p What’re you doing? You should sleep, it’s late.

 

What sleep?! You want me to sleep already?!

 

To Amber:

I’m still writing a review about the film earlier. You go to sleep first.

 

I got pissed off that I tossed my phone to my bed. Amber wanted me to sleep anyway. Maybe she didn’t want to text with me. But I really wanted to get to know her!

 

*beep* I jumped to my bed and checked the new message.

From Amber:

Nah. I’m not yet tired. What do you think about the film?

 

Now the llama’s trying to make a conversation. This is good.

 

To Amber:

The film was fantastic. The plot was unpredictable and out of ordinary. Did you find it good too?

 

From Amber:

I found it boring. -.- I just watched it for an incentive. My prof asked us to watch as many as we can.

 

My heart sank at what she said. I thought we could somehow have the same interest but what do I expect? We’re totally different. But that made me even more curious about her. She said that her professor asked them to watch more. Hmm.

 

To Amber:

Then will you watch again tomorrow?

 

I thought of watching the film with Amber and how great it would be to sit right next to her and laugh at the same movie together. But the llama seemed like she had no interest in indie films. I was surprised by her next reply.

 

From Amber:

Yes. Do you want to watch with me then?

 

Oh yes I would love to! I got thrilled and rolled on my bed with happiness before I replied.

 

To Amber:

Ok. I don’t have company anyway. :)

 

And I started raiding my closet for the best outfit I would wear tomorrow.

 

Amber’s POV

I jumped out of joy when Krystal said yes when I asked her to watch a movie at the film festival. Thoughts of moments with Krystal tomorrow filled my head that got me even more excited. I pulled out a black and white three-fourths polo from my wardrobe and ironed it. I hoped that I would look good in front of Krystal. But I snapped out of the excitement when I thought that Krystal probably said yes because she just needed company.

Aish, Amber. Even if the film you’re going to watch is not a romantic one and even there won’t be popcorns to feed each other, it’s still a date with Krystal. Now snap out of your crazy thoughts, go to sleep and dream of her.